What's new

Favors secretly on the trade block?

He would not command anywhere near a max unless his health and game recovery, bigly
I bet that's what people said about Evan turner, and mosgov.

I was gonna say go after Lowry with Favors and Burks and GHill. Lowry is not happy at the moment. But I just noticed they picked up Serge Ibaka yesterday.

DL will swing for the fences and end up with a weak comeback to the pitcher like he got last year with Mack. What 3rd string PF is out there who rarely plays?

No one is really against trading Favors. People are just against trading him for half-year rentals.
I disagree.
There are people who don't want to trade favors and think rudy and favors are a good fit but favors just isn't healthy.

I disagree.
There are people who don't want to trade favors and think rudy and favors are a good fit but favors just isn't healthy.

Who? They arent a bad fit, but they arent a great fit. No one here is unequivocally against dealing Favors, just not for rentals.

Who? They arent a bad fit, but they arent a great fit. No one here is unequivocally against dealing Favors, just not for rentals.
A couple I know of are Ron Mexico and cappy smurf.
I'm certain there are other too. Of course no is unequivocally against trading him (anyone would do a favors for lebron, steph, davis, kahwi, etc) but there are people who don't want to trade him and think he and Gobert are just fine together.

I'm certain there are other too. Of course no is unequivocally against trading him (anyone would do a favors for lebron, steph, davis, kahwi, etc) but there are people who don't want to trade him and think he and Gobert are just fine together.
Ron is for trading, just not for a rental.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

When healthy, Favs and Gobert are an amazing fit defensively. When teams pull Rudy out, you need another rim protector. And together they swallow up all the rebounds.

They can co-exist because Favs has a decent mid-range game. Also, 10-15 of his mins are at center when Rudy sits, so they'd only be on the court together 20 mins or less.

However, Favs isn't healthy. For every 20-10 game (or near) he gives, he'll have another 5 where he doesn't produce or will have to miss. Just can't have that inconsistency without a very good sub behind him.

When healthy, Favs and Gobert are an amazing fit defensively. When teams pull Rudy out, you need another rim protector. And together they swallow up all the rebounds.

They can co-exist because Favs has a decent mid-range game. Also, 10-15 of his mins are at center when Rudy sits, so they'd only be on the court together 20 mins or less.

However, Favs isn't healthy. For every 20-10 game (or near) he gives, he'll have another 5 where he doesn't produce or will have to miss. Just can't have that inconsistency without a very good sub behind him.

The numbers may be different but his mid range jumper has seemed to be really off. I know he's hurt but his shot shouldn't be too affected by that. When he shoots a 15 footer I don't expect it to go in. He's had a night or two when it's looked good... but otherwise it's been rough.

Honestly even if he got that back consistently it would work better than it has been.

As I said. I am all for it if it's the right trade. Not a one year rental where we lose out in the end. And I don't want another Boozer where we have a high scoring PF that plays no defense. Gobert no matter how good at defense he is, needs help at times. Like when Dallas pulled him out. My only gripe with trading Favors is who we get in return. There isn't many 4s who can't play both sides. And Favors does that when healthy. ****, he does it now while hurt, not as well, but better than his back ups. So if they trade him, they have to get something in return that helps the team. On both sides. Offense only doesn't win championships. You need a good defense to go deep in playoffs. So we better be finding someone that fits that bill if we are trading him.

Im think they can fit together and have for together but I am not against trading him. I am against trading him for less than a solid starter who either has potential or is a borderline all star or better. I also don't want to trade him for a rental especially an old one on the decline. Favors isn't worth much injured to us or other teams. It's worth waiting for him to be healthy to get better trade value for him or see if he works out for us.

I am not against trading any player if it makes the Jazz better. RIght now the Jazz would have a hard time getting value for him considering his performance this year. I wouldn't trade Derrick this year simply because his value is low right now. I would shut him down for a while and see if rest improves his health. The PF position on the Jazz looks weak right now with Favors not performing well and Trey sucking.