What's new

Game Thread Feb 14, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Rockets

Added to Calendar: 02-14-22

NAW has had one practice, and the Jazz aren't exactly desperate for bodies tonight. But if you notice how much space Houston is giving Forrest to shoot, it shouldn't be long before NAW is pressing for Forrest's minutes.
You’re delusional if you think NAW is taking any minutes from Forrest outside of maybe garbage time.

I posted this same thing the other day about how Korver, Crower and Clarkson were in the rotation immediately after we traded for them. NAW most definitely is not in the rotation.

Who was NAW supposed to replace in the rotation lol? He’s literally a cheap long-term flier.

Who was NAW supposed to replace in the rotation lol? He’s literally a cheap long-term flier.
He's back to square one. Might have to take a year for Quin and development staff to reshape his game. He's basically becoming a rookie again

Yeah not the best game for Forrest. He's deferring to his teammates so much that Rockets now basically expecting it and targeting him on defense

More disconnect between the front office and Quin.

I am really tired of the disconnect between Quin and the FO. Not necessarily pointing blame at one or the other for that, but the FO shouldn’t be saying that he’ll be in the rotation. No upside, only downside.

I don’t think there’s a disconnect on this issue. If the FO has any discussion on players or direction, or even general needs before the deadline, I can guarantee you NAW never came up. They made a salary deal and they were under no illusion that Quin was going to put him in the rotation. They see Quin more than we do and (should) know this as much as we do (and they do). They themselves didn’t even come out saying that he was going to be in the rotation. The sorcery they use is they leak it and let other people say it for them. It gives them deniability. What needs to happen is the media needs to take an inventory of this and realize they’re being played.