What's new

FIBA Stuff

Josh Giddey is way overrated
Yeah he was great vs Finland but right now he is hurting Australia more than helping them.

Mills keeping you in that game singlehandedly and again looking like he can get whatever kind of bucket whenever he wants.

Brazil won pretty handily against Iran (as they should) yesterday, but the hopes to go further than the second group stage took a bad hit as Raul Neto went down with a torn patellar tendon in the fourth quarter, which really sucks (the gruesome injury of course, chances of a deep run in the tournment weren't great before anyways). :(

Yeah he was great vs Finland but right now he is hurting Australia more than helping them.

Mills keeping you in that game singlehandedly and again looking like he can get whatever kind of bucket whenever he wants.

Patty bailed us out. Awful start. Giddey soft af

Hm, this Italy vs Dominican Republic looks interesting. 13 point lead for the Dominicans going into fourth.

Patty bailed us out. Awful start. Giddey soft af
Too bad I cant watch the second half as I got errands to run and wanna do them before Finlands game. Hopefully Australia pulls it off, as if you lose it basically eliminates Finland from qualifying to the 2nd round.

Dominicans looking like on their way to a confortable enough win, so time to watch Australia and Germany all the way in the second half (at least the parts of It i didn't miss)

Dominicans looking like on their way to a confortable enough win, so time to watch Australia and Germany all the way in the second half (at least the parts of It i didn't miss)
How did Fontecchio look? I didnt really catch any of his game.

Fontecchio didn't look great in the second half (the part I watched) and his body language was awful. They were still in the game, but he already looked defeated.

Bummer that Australia lost. I really enjoy watching them play.

And bummer that Neto was hurt.

We are having very noisy thunderstorms that have ruined my sleep, which is why I'm watching these games.

Lauri looking much better. Had one awkward dribble off his foot early and so far 0/2 from 3 but he is constantly altering shots on defense, collecting rebounds and finishing well near the rim.

Also had one awesome block on Watanabe which wont show up in stats since he got completely bogus foul call on that play.

I think Nkamhoua will play in NBA one day. He looks so steady and can do a little bit of everything.

Man Canada looks strong. Lebanon isnt much of a measuring stick but 9 players in double digits and 71.4% FG for the team are you kidding me?
Murray out is a bummer, but If Wiggins was there, they'd be even more of a legit threat to win It all (would make them much improved on defense, size and wing play), which they could do in Paris (tho team USA and others might take stronger squads too).

Still look every bit as potent as needed to fight for the medals even without both. And after the way they beat France, they went from not just favourites to advance past second group stage at a tough seeding there, but also to make It out on top.

Murray out is a bummer, but If Wiggins was there, they'd be even more of a legit threat to win It all (would make them much improved on defense, size and wing play), which they could do in Paris (tho team USA and others might take stronger squads too).

Still look every bit as potent as needed to fight for the medals even without both. And after the way they beat France, they went from not just favourites to advance past second group stage at a tough seeding there, but also to make It out on top.
Im still figuring out how on earth do you have 9 guys in double digit points and 71.4% FG. Must be one hell of a teamplay effort to get easy buckets. Gotta find a replay.

When I first saw 128 points I half expected SGA to have 60, but he had a quiet and super efficient 12/6/6.