What's new

FIBA Stuff

Ant is still a product under construction. He is good in defense, got really high offensive power but still far from beeing a good PG for conducting the game. Hopefully he learn this part from Mike. If he can he will be a superstar, if not he will remain as a great player as in Don.
Soon will have France_ Latvia. Will be interesting one. France come from one of the worst team performance ever and Latvia got good shooters.... i will attempt the game and i will look particulary at Rudy perf.

I hope he learns nothing from Mike

As an American Jazz fan, having all of our guys out of the tournament earlier than later is the best case scenario.
If I'm not mistaken, there's a classification round of two games for each team in ranks 17-32 after the opening rounds of games. So even Finland and Philippines, for example, should still have three games remaining even though they're virtually out of the running for tournament championship.

Lmfao Finland losing to Japan?

I still can't believe Watanabe can only manage to get single season minimum deals. Anti Asian racism in sports is crazy
I think I'm as much of a Yuta homer as you are, but this isn't the game to make that argument off of. He was 1/6, 4 points, 0 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 TO, 2 blks and -2 +/- over 30 minutes in a 10-point win. (Lauri went for 27/12.)

France sucks as i fear after 1st game. No offense, no confidence. Thime to change coach or pray for Embib to join!
Rudy was non existent. Physically down? could be. But the main problem is that he did not see the ball at all at offense. I can't believe this team play like that.

One potentially interesting guy to watch for in the underdog NTs is Carlik Jones. The G League MVP from last season plays for South Sudan (actually is of South Sudanese descent) and in the first game vs Puerto Rico he was lights out with 35 points (12/22 shooting and 8/9 FT), 11 assists, 6 rebounds and 4 steals. Jorge Sierra from Hoopshype said it was the first ever 30 point 10 assist game in the World Cup history. Dont know if thats true but its weird if that hasnt been done before.

Anyways, 25 year old 6 foot PG that went undrafted in 2021 and is rostered by Bulls who converted his 2 way deal into a non-guaranteed contract last spring.

Halliburton + reeves > Brunson + ant

Change my mind
cant because i believe it to. brunson and ant dont look to pass as much as they should. maybe its just ant. i do not think ant should even be talked about as mvp of the league until he realizes pass to the open guy.

aussie coach took timeout against Germany after they scored the first 12 points, gave the team one of the most epic sprays from a coach in memory

cant because i believe it to. brunson and ant dont look to pass as much as they should. maybe its just ant. i do not think ant should even be talked about as mvp of the league until he realizes pass to the open guy.
Nope. Ant is a beast.