What's new

FIBA Stuff

Im still figuring out how on earth do you have 9 guys in double digit points and 71.4% FG. Must be one hell of a teamplay effort to get easy buckets. Gotta find a replay.

When I first saw 128 points I half expected SGA to have 60, but he had a quiet and super efficient 12/6/6.

Didn't watch this game, but i'd go with Canada has a good bunch of high levei players, and Lebanon quite the opposite, to that degree. Still take high levei execution tho

Finland struggling in the fourth, Japan took the lead, if the finnish lose today, they're out.

Lmfao Finland losing to Japan?

I still can't believe Watanabe can only manage to get single season minimum deals. Anti Asian racism in sports is crazy

Such desperation move from Tuovi. They put Lauri to guard a 5-8 PG to try and shore up the perimeter defense. That didnt help.

Lmfao Finland losing to Japan?

I still can't believe Watanabe can only manage to get single season minimum deals. Anti Asian racism in sports is crazy
Finland backcourt cannot play defense. Lauri has shut down Watanabe and Yoshi (2 points each) but the guards are tearing us up from 3 and giving their big Hawkinson easy buckets all day.

As an American Jazz fan, having all of our guys out of the tournament earlier than later is the best case scenario.
Would suck for them, but yeah

Still find it hard that Team USA goes out that early, but at least Kessler isn't really playing that much for them, so that's more of a learning summer for him (i do think there is worthywhile learning and reps for him there too).

Latvia wins, that's great. If only Brazil can pull an upset against Spain tomorrow the chances of making to the knockout round would grow a lot.

Philippines also lost to Angola. They won’t advance to 2nd rd. Angolas defense was centered on jc sending help whenever he got the ball. No other guy scored double digits for them.

I think Nkamhoua will play in NBA one day. He looks so steady and can do a little bit of everything.
Nkamhoua is good and young promising player who'll play many pro years.
But his pro years will be in Europe i don't see Nkamhoua NBA level talent.

If / when Nkamhoua gets NBA chance he'll be rotation player and that's it.

- As much as I dislike NBA trend of punishing D in general and perimeter D in particular, I've got to say FIBA trend to reward harsh/illegal D is not better---
- If I were another guy I'd swear some refs got people with friends that knows other people that are kind of involved on the betting business... but I'm not that guy so I'm not saying it...