Finally A Test For The Utes? - 7.5 @Air Force

Utah - 7.5

• Utes Cover

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • Falcons Cover

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A few weeks ago, this game was shaping up to be a test. AF has since cooled off. Utah by 17.

I think Utah have covered most of the lines they were given this season.
Agreed Bronco, AFA has cooled down a lot. If AFA had trouble with TCU's speed, there's no reason to believe they won't have problem against Utah's.

That looks like one of those lines you can throw the farm at Utah's way. It wouldn't surprise me if Air Force won but a lot of things would have to go right for them and Utah would have to come out completely undisciplined. I'm just happy Utah is playing tougher games now - much more watchable if I know there is potential for them to lose.

Cause it's AF and even in 04 and 08 the games where close but there is definitely reason to be more hopeful that this game wont send me into cardiac arrest.

Utah favored by more @ Air Force than they were @ Iowa State? Interesting.

I've picked Utah not to cover a few times this year and I think I'm through with that. It bums me out that Air Force seems to be losing steam as the season wears on. 3 weeks ago this game felt much bigger than it does now.

You'll never hear Whitt's players own up to it, but I think this team is pissed off about being seen as the 3rd best non AQ team this year and they are going to make a statement against Air Force. That will set up what is probably the biggest college football game ever played in this state when TCU rolls into town.

But TCU played them at home. We'll have a tougher test on the road, where things can be tricky. Their defense should give us a challenge we haven't really faced so far in the MWC facing the bottom of the barrell defenses. I think we'll come out on top but we'll have to earn it like always against AFA. I think we'll cover the spread but a 10 point win where we pull away at the end wouldn't surprise me.

Air Force's defense is similar to Iowa State's. It's probably one of the better ones Utah will face this season outside of TCU.

Historically, the Falcons have given Utah fits. With that said, it's mostly come, at least recently, on the defensive end. Air Force was a much better defensive team last year (giving up about 7 more points than last year and 100 more yards) and Utah's offense is far better this season. Because of that, I suspect the Utes will put up some points and their defense, which really has kept the Falcon wishbone in check over the years (AFA is averaging only 18 PPG against Utah since the 2006 season), will continue their dominant play.

My guess: Utah 42, AFA 17 or something similar.

This is one of those games that scares the living hell out of me. Almost more than next week against TCU. I just don't see us blowing out Air Force. Recent history goes against picking a blowout. It's always one of our toughest games of the season and it's on the road against a team that's lost two in a row. I sense we'll see Air Force playing with a lot of desperation, which unfortunately for us means we'll see another close game.

Utah 31
Air Force 23

I think that this is possibly the most talented Utes team ever, if you throw out the Pitt game our average result is 51-11.

I also agree with the idea that they are pissed about lack of recognition and see this as a game to show the media they can play.

I'm not much into sports betting, but I think we'll see something around 42-21.

I think that Air Force handled Oklahoma's speed VERY well, and that Utah isn't going to have better athletes than OU. The TCU game was also at TCU, while this game is in Colorado Springs. Air Force always plays Utah tough. This is a classic set-up for a major upset: highly-ranked team who hasn't been tested in weeks goes on the road to play a VERY dangerous team who has just lost two straight games. I'll be one of the few on the board who picks an upset, only because its a perfect storm. Air Force wins 31-28.

Utah easily covers in this game.

Also, to clear up a misconception...

That Pitt game wasn't nearly as close as the final score would indicate. If you look a little deeper, Utah had 405 yards, Pitt had 266.

If Shaky Smithson doesn't have butterfingers and fumble it twice, plus Utah get a punt blocked, then that Pitt score is a blowout that rivals all the rest of Utah's games.

It was a fluke that the game was close and if they played right now Utah beats them by about 35-40 points.

Please let it be true

Why hope for Utah to be upset? The only way BYU ever gets their hands on BCS money is when Utah or TCU go out and earn it for them. Since BYU will no longer be in a conference with them after this season, this is the Cougs last chance at getting a share of some BCS cash. Lord knows they're not getting any once they go independent.

Why hope for Utah to be upset? The only way BYU ever gets their hands on BCS money is when Utah or TCU go out and earn it for them. Since BYU will no longer be in a conference with them after this season, this is the Cougs last chance at getting a share of some BCS cash. Lord knows they're not getting any once they go independent.

It's easy to be pragmatic when your team is the one on top. But if the roles were reversed, would you want a hated rival to win, because it increased the chance of (not guaranteed) a BCS windfall? Perhaps you would, but I'm guessing - deep down inside - you would want them to crash and burn.

Bitter BYU fans make the wins even sweeter, in my book.

It's easy to be pragmatic when your team is the one on top. But if the roles were reversed, would you want a hated rival to win, because it increased the chance of (not guaranteed) a BCS windfall? Perhaps you would, but I'm guessing - deep down inside - you would want them to crash and burn.

Bitter BYU fans make the wins even sweeter, in my book.
I'm betting J12's comments were "tongue in cheek trash talk" since he made it after a couple of Y fans posted and it made me laugh. Not that what you said wasn't true.

Of course what I said was tongue in cheek trash talk. And Bronco, you're 100% correct. If BYU were in the middle of an unbeaten season, I would be on the edge of my seat waiting for them to fall on their faces. Thank God I haven't had to worry about that in quite some time (more tongue in cheek trash talk).

So I'm going to say Utah has way too much speed at almost every position for Air Force to handle.

I think it will be somewhere around 48-14, Utah.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.