Finally A Test For The Utes? - 7.5 @Air Force

Utah - 7.5

• Utes Cover

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • Falcons Cover

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Utes looked really bad today. I know the games against Air Force always seem to be like this, but they better show up next week because I don't think TCU is going to give them this many breaks.

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that we still had no idea if Utah was any good as they hadn't played a half decent team yet. I guess now we know. They're slightly better than average. Their win tonight was more about AF screwing up than it was about Utah beating them.

Even with Michigan State and Missouri losing today I fully expect Oklahoma to jump Utah in the polls this week.

Alabama moves up to 5 by default. Oklahoma jumps to 6. Utah might move up one spot to 7 but don't shocked if Utah stays at 8 and Wisconsin jumps to 7.

TCU by 14.

Sent from my PC via a keyboard

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that we still had no idea if Utah was any good as they hadn't played a half decent team yet. I guess now we know. They're slightly better than average. Their win tonight was more about AF screwing up than it was about Utah beating them.

Even with Michigan State and Missouri losing today I fully expect Oklahoma to jump Utah in the polls this week.

Alabama moves up to 5 by default. Oklahoma jumps to 6. Utah might move up one spot to 7 but don't shocked if Utah stays at 8 and Wisconsin jumps to 7.

TCU by 14.

Utah wins a tough game, on the road, against a pretty good team, and you say this proves the Utes are only slightly better than average?

lol, BYU homers are hilarious.

By the way, tapatalk is not a keyboard so your attempt at humor is off. Anyone who knows about tapatalk is likely laughing at you, not with you.

Also, Oklahoma barely beat Air Force at home. No way does Oklahoma jump Utah due to Utah barely beating them (by a bigger margin than Oklahoma) on the road (where they were undefeated before tonight).

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.

TCU by 14.

I knew this EXACT post was going to come from a BYU fan after this game. That's fine though. Haters keep hating, Utah keeps winning.

Utah is a much better than an average team. Marcus, the Oklahoma team you "fully expect" to see jump Utah in the polls barely got out alive against this very same AF team- in Oklahoma no less.

Don't know why, but AF is always a struggle for Utah, even in the BCS years. I'm not saying TCU can't beat Utah next week, but for those of you predicting Utah's demise and basing it off of this week aren't dealing with the reality that TCU (while more talented than AF) is a much different beast than AF when it comes to preperation and gameplanning.

I actually think Whitt has a lot of teaching opportunities from this game to use during the upcoming TCU week. I look for Utah to be a lot sharper at home next week in a slugfest with TCU.

Bring it on.

This is one of those games that scares the living hell out of me. Almost more than next week against TCU. I just don't see us blowing out Air Force. Recent history goes against picking a blowout. It's always one of our toughest games of the season and it's on the road against a team that's lost two in a row. I sense we'll see Air Force playing with a lot of desperation, which unfortunately for us means we'll see another close game.

Utah 31
Air Force 23

Stupid Joe Phillips.

:)

Stupid Joe Phillips.

:)
You could say that, but you could also say "Stupid Matt Asiata."

I think it was 28-10 when the Utes went for it on 4th and short, and Asiata dropped an easy pass- which gave the ball to Air Force.

If Asiata holds onto that pass, the Utes keep their momentum (they were already driving and on about the Air Force 35 yard line), likely score another touchdown (making it 35-10) and it's a blowout.

They say it's a game of inches, and that certainly proved true tonight.

Feeling a little dense tonight are we?

What do you mean? Are you disputing my claim that Utah's momentum was killed on that play?

I'm not saying Asiata sucked tonight, just saying if we're going to single out one play, that was a game changer for sure.

Give Air Force credit, how many teams would have just folded in that situation? It's something will benefit us because we've played a lot of teams that would have just folded. We had our toughness questioned and we came out on top in the end making the defensive stops when we needed to.

lol, BYU homers are hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

By the way, tapatalk is not a keyboard so your attempt at humor is off. Anyone who knows about tapatalk is likely laughing at you, not with you.

I'm sure a tech nerd would be laughing at me, however, it doesn't matter what tapatalk is. The funny part is that you haven't disabled the message from showing up after all of your posts. I'm sure you think people see it and think, "Wow! Salty has an HTC Evo and he has the tapatalk app! He must be one tech savy dude... and he has a cool phone!!"

In reality you are tapatalk's shill giving them free advertising because you think it makes you look cool. It's like people that pay $30 for a T-shirt that says Nike on it in big letters. You are paying Nike to advertise for them because you think other will find you cool to be associated with Nike. Nike should be paying you to wear their crap.

The fact that I can add some stupid line after my posts that is just a meaningless as your tapatalk signature is what makes it funny.

Sent from my basement office using the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

I'm sure a tech nerd would be laughing at me, however, it doesn't matter what tapatalk is. The funny part is that you haven't disabled the message from showing up after all of your posts. I'm sure you think people see it and think, "Wow! Salty has an HTC Evo and he has the tapatalk app! He must be one tech savy dude... and he has a cool phone!!"

In reality you are tapatalk's shill giving them free advertising because you think it makes you look cool. It's like people that pay $30 for a T-shirt that says Nike on it in big letters. You are paying Nike to advertise for them because you think other will find you cool to be associated with Nike. Nike should be paying you to wear their crap.

The fact that I can add some stupid line after my posts that is just a meaningless as your tapatalk signature is what makes it funny.

Sent from my basement office using the internet.

lol, and trust me, I'm laughing at you, not with you.

I explained this before, but I'll explain it again...

This is not the only message board I post on. On several message boards that I frequent, people need to know that you are posting from your phone and limited in what you can do.

It's not much different than getting an email from someone at work that has a line at the bottom that says "Sent from my Blackberry" (assuming you work in an office).

So no, the line isn't there to make people like you think I'm cool. It's to let people know that I can't post screenshots, code, apps, sessions, hacks, and so on.

Trust me, nobody is laughing "with" you when you type that you are using a keyboard and a pc.

lol, and trust me, I'm laughing at you, not with you.

I explained this before, but I'll explain it again...

This is not the only message board I post on. On several message boards that I frequent, people need to know that you are posting from your phone and limited in what you can do.

It's not much different than getting an email from someone at work that has a line at the bottom that says "Sent from my Blackberry" (assuming you work in an office).

So no, the line isn't there to make people like you think I'm cool. It's to let people know that I can't post screenshots, code, apps, sessions, hacks, and so on.

Trust me, nobody is laughing "with" you when you type that you are using a keyboard and a pc.

LOL This is quite possibly your best post ever!! ;)

Sent from Utah to the world using Jazzfanz

Last edited: