• Poll closed .
Marcus said:
Bordy said:
es, and those people are either
1) technologically disadvantaged
2) saying "look at me! look at me!"
3) SaltyDawg

Sent from a genius using common sense.
You are so being laughed at right now by tech junkies!

Sent from my brain using my fingers
Uh, no I'm not. Nice try, but the tech junkies are laughing at you clowns.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.

Clearly I was responding to Bordy when I said he was being laughed at as it was his post that I quoted. Clearly. That said, being laughed at by tech junkies is like being laughed at by Lady Gaga for not dressing weird enough. In both cases a clown is laughing at normal people.

Sent from my fingers using firing neurons

Clearly I was responding to Bordy when I said he was being laughed at as it was his post that I quoted. Clearly. That said, being laughed at by tech junkies is like being laughed at by Lady Gaga for not dressing weird enough. In both cases a clown is laughing at normal people.

Sent from my fingers using firing neurons
The funny thing is what you call a tech junkie is considered a normal person outside of your circle.

Everyone uses those new fangled devices known as cell phones. They're not just for tech junkies these days.

The funny thing is what you call a tech junkie is considered a normal person outside of your circle.

Everyone uses those new fangled devices known as cell phones. They're not just for tech junkies these days.

And most of those everyday people using cell phones have disabled the attention whoring autosignature. Nobody cares if you are using these devices. Not even on a message board. I can't recall ever thinking "Damn, why doesn't (poster) post screenshots or images?" If I get e-mails from people telling me they're sending from a blackberry/evo/commodore 64, it tells me they're either self important blowhards or stupid. Likely both.

Sent from my iPhone with the Tapatalk autosignature disabled

And most of those everyday people using cell phones have disabled the attention whoring autosignature. Nobody cares if you are using these devices. Not even on a message board. I can't recall ever thinking "Damn, why doesn't (poster) post screenshots or images?" If I get e-mails from people telling me they're sending from a blackberry/evo/commodore 64, it tells me they're either self important blowhards or stupid. Likely both.

Sent from my iPhone with the Tapatalk autosignature disabled
"Most" people have it disabled? Lol, I know for a fact you are wrong.

You may not have ever needed the feature, but that doesn't mean nobody else has.

Like I said, it's common for emails to contain that tag line, and it certainly doesn't mean nobody knows how to disable it. It's often to let others know that you are on a phone so you don't have access to all the resources/files/programs/etc of the office.

And this is also pretty common on message boards.

Laugh all you want. Just know that there are a lot more people like me, laughing at people like you.

For a fact? How so?

Not sent from my iPhone with the Tapatalk autosignature disabled
Because guys like me are the reason guys like you have apps like tapatalk.

The development community is a lot stronger than the Jazz Fans community.

Because guys like me are the reason guys like you have apps like tapatalk.

The development community is a lot stronger than the Jazz Fans community.

And guys like me are the reason there is a disable autosignature feature. We can look like douchebags by ourselves. We don't need an autosignature to add to it. I know for a fact that most autosignature enablers also wear Ed Hardy shirts.

Sent from my work computer using Windows 98 and Netscape

And guys like me are the reason there is a disable autosignature feature. We can look like douchebags by ourselves. We don't need an autosignature to add to it. I know for a fact that most autosignature enablers also wear Ed Hardy shirts.

Sent from my work computer using Windows 98 and Netscape
Maybe so. But just know that for every person like you, laughing at me for my tapatalk signature, there are a whole lot more people like me laughing at you.

Look at it like this... There are tons of people with Utah Jazz signatures on this site. Would it make sense for someone to "laugh at" someone on this site for having a Jazz signature?

Now, imagine if your web browser automatically took the signature you use here and put it on every post, on every message board. And the only way to get rid of it on any other site is to also get rid of it here.

Now, imagine that this site has several hundred thousand users, and just about all of them have this same signature. Even worse, they will actually laugh at you for not having that signature.

Imagine you spend most of your time at several sites just like it- with tens of thousands, and even hundreds of thousands of users at each one.

You also spend a fair amount of time at some totally non related site, with only a few hundred users (or less). Of those few hundred users, there is one who already told you he only watched his first game recently. This guy has also tried to make fun of you in the past for liking sports, as if you're the one who is out of touch.

This guy found 5 or 6 other posters on the small site who agree with him and think you're out of touch.

Do you laugh at him, knowing you frequent much bigger sites, with far more people, who all agree with you?

And this doesn't even take into account that your day job is working with people who always have a similar signature on emails they send.

I'm laughing at you guys, the same way you'd be laughing at me if the roles were reversed.

Salty, I would almost buy into your reasoning IF your signature simply said, "Sent from my mobile device" or "Sent from my mobile phone".

Salty said:
And I left mine on but changed it, because I know how.

As soon as you changed it to "Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk" you started show boating.

Sent from Earth to my bretheren on Alpha Centauri using mind waves

Last edited:
Salty, I would almost buy into your reasoning IF your signature simply said, "Sent from my mobile device" or "Sent from my mobile phone".

As soon as you changed it to "Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk" you started showing boating.

Sent from Earth to my bretheren on Alpha Centauri using mind waves
Not sure how I can make this anymore clear...

On several of the boards I post on people need to know what phone you have. You will get flamed for posting a comment (or asking a question) if you don't list your phone in the post.

Like I said, everyone does this. And someday, you'll probably find yourself on one of those sites for some reason, and you'll get flamed by countless posters for asking a question about your phone/service provider/os/etc without telling everyone what you have.

Not sure how I can make this anymore clear...

On several of the boards I post on people need to know what phone you have. You will get flamed for posting a comment (or asking a question) if you don't list your phone in the post.

Like I said, everyone does this. And someday, you'll probably find yourself on one of those sites for some reason, and you'll get flamed by countless posters for asking a question about your phone/service provider/os/etc without telling everyone what you have.

Link?

Like I said, everyone does this.

And by "everyone", you mean <1% of a random sampling of jazzfanz users, all of whom are tech idiots.

Which forums do you post on so that I can go edumacate myself?

Sent from the Men's Restroom Handicapped Stall using Power Squeeze

And by "everyone", you mean <1% of a random sampling of jazzfanz users, all of whom are tech idiots.

Which forums do you post on so that I can go edumacate myself?

Sent from the Men's Restroom Handicapped Stall using Power Squeeze

I thought you were a geek/developer? I guess not all tech-geeks need to advertise their geekness.

Sent from the Stall Next to bordy Using Tapafoot

As you know, I'm not on my computer so posting links is out of the question.

xda-developers.com
ppcgeeks.com

Those are a good start.

You'll have to be more specific and cherry pick a specific thread to back up your point, perhaps.

Random sampling from first site (50 posts)
No signature: 36
Board-specific sig: 11
Salty-Style In-Post sig: 3

I feel for those 94% of xda-dev users who are being laughed at right now.

Sent from my Lofty Position using Justified Arrogance