Finally A Test For The Utes? - 7.5 @Air Force

Utah - 7.5

• Utes Cover

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • Falcons Cover

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought it was funny, too. Salty not getting it was icing on the cake.

I'm not the one who doesn't "get it" here. Someday you'll get a smartphone, you'll probably get tapatalk, and then you'll understand.

Just to clue you in- tapatalk is an app that is made specifically for message boards. It's way easier/better/faster than opening up a web browser on your phone and reading/posting from there. It also has the option to automatically leave a line at the end of your posts (like the one Marcus was attempting to make fun of). And that line comes in handy on 99% of the message boards out there. Heck, it could even come in handy on this message board someday. You either have it leave the line on every post on every message board, or none at all. You can't selectively leave it on certain posts or certain message boards.

The fact that he is not up to date with modern technology and its many uses is pretty funny to me. And if you think his stupid attempts to make fun of me for being up to date are funny, then I guess I'm laughing at you too.

Well I guess Marcus is pretty funny to a bunch of people who aren't familiar with all the new fangled technology like smartphones. They've only been around for about 10 years now, and mainstream for about 5 years, so I guess it's understandable that some people have no idea about them. And to those clowns, I guess it is probably funny when you make fun of someone for using one.

But to the vast majority of the modern world, those of us that live in cities would be (and are) laughing at Marcus, and I guess laughing at you too. Do you guys ask for help to program your VCRs? Or is that too modern for you so you laugh at the people who know how?

By the way- the correct analogy to tapatalk would be a web browser, not a keyboard. And you know what's funny about that? Smartphone web browsers used to put a line at the bottom of posts that said it was posting from a phone using whatever web browser (with no setting to turn it off). They added a setting to turn it off on most mobile web browsers after several years, and even removed it entirely on other mobile browsers (after tapatalk became popular).

Seriously, tapatalk is one of the most popular smartphone apps, with millions of people on several platforms using it. The fact that you guys aren't familiar with it is a whole lot funnier than you clowns laughing at me for using it.

Let me guess... It's hilarious that I have a DVR, right?

You still don't get the joke. Amazing.

If there is some joke here that is not about my tapatalk posts saying they were sent from my phone, then no, I don't get it. Clue me in please...

Marcus did flat out say it was about that though, and said I was a tool for tapatalk for not getting paid to advertise for them (or something like that) so I don't understand what else it could be here...

I can be a bit of a Luddite... but meh, Android is the **** and anybody who isn't using a smart phone, while entitled to such a choice, really doesn't have a base of reference to discuss the matter of another person's use of a smartphone. I agree with Salty, when it comes to phones, take your luddism and shove it.

He wasn't saying anything about tapatalk being a keyboard (or about not knowing what it is), he was just mocking you for having that line at the bottom. He was obviously right, too, since you've now continued spouting off about how you're so sophisticated, living in a sophisticated city, while surrounded on all sides by country bumpkins who can't even program a VCR...

Good job, dude.

Posted by an inbred hick from an outhouse (I like bewbs).

For Salty. At about the 2:15 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmdfD2byTuY&p=8A117C860FBB0900&playnext=1&index=10

Last edited:
Seriously, tapatalk is one of the most popular smartphone apps, with millions of people on several platforms using it. The fact that you guys aren't familiar with it is a whole lot funnier than you clowns laughing at me for using it.

Sorry, man, but you are way off here. Marcus' joke wasn't about tapatalk, smartphones, or technology at all, really. Unfortunately, there isn't a good sense-of-humor app yet.

As an aside, I thought your comment on Asiata dropping that 4th down pass and the momentum it killed was spot on. He catches that pass, Utah goes on to win big. Oh well.

At the risk of being laughed at...what's the benefit of having that tag line? Is it so thart when you post in txt-ese people know why?

I'm very unsophisticated, I just use my phone to make calls and send the occasional text.

At the risk of being laughed at...what's the benefit of having that tag line? Is it so thart when you post in txt-ese people know why?

I'm very unsophisticated, I just use my phone to make calls and send the occasional text.
Because I post on several message boards. Some of them are dedicated to programming, hacking, audio/video production, and other forums that have nothing to do with sports.

If I am posting about an app that I am in the process of coding, it's better if everyone knows I am not at my computer so I can't post the code. If I am posting about a hack for my phone, it's better if everyone knows what phone I have.

And everyone that posts on these types of forums has the same tagline at the end of their posts. That's why it's so funny when a bunch of people try to act like I'm the abnormal one.

I guess on this site there are 5 or 6 people who think it's funny. Go to xda or ppcgeeks where there are several hundred thousand registered users and see who gets laughed at...

He wasn't saying anything about tapatalk being a keyboard (or about not knowing what it is), he was just mocking you for having that line at the bottom. He was obviously right, too, since you've now continued spouting off about how you're so sophisticated, living in a sophisticated city, while surrounded on all sides by country bumpkins who can't even program a VCR...

Good job, dude.

Posted by an inbred hick from an outhouse (I like bewbs).

I know why he was mocking me. I was pointing out that he is the one being laughed at for it.

I guess none of you guys work in an office. Or at least not in an office where people actually use mobile phones for work. I get emails all the time that say "Sent from my Blackberry" or whatever phone they are using. This is actually quite common. And the fact that you guys are "laughing" at me for it is even funnier.

By the way, like I said, anyone familiar with this very popular app would know that line is put there automatically. So it really is all about him not being familiar with it. Plus, he has told me that he only recently got his first cell phone. And not only that, but he has actually tried to mock me for using various smartphone apps in the past (calendar, grocery lists, etc). So I think it's really you who doesn't "get it" here. There is a history that this is continuing.

And if I remember correctly, you live in the woods, so I wouldn't expect you to be on top of all this, or even the most popular smartphone apps.

I use tapatalk on my iPhone. I just disabled the auto-signature. Because I know how.

I get emails all the time that say "Sent from my Blackberry" or whatever phone they are using. This is actually quite common.

Yes, and those people are either
1) technologically disadvantaged
2) saying "look at me! look at me!"
3) SaltyDawg

Sent from a genius using common sense.

3) SaltyDawg

You are so being laughed at right now by tech junkies!

Sent from my brain using my fingers

3) SaltyDawg

No, they are execs at various fortune 500 companies following standard practice.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.