What's new

#firecorbin trending on twitter!

SVG maybe, JVG sucked at coaching

Yeah, he must have gotten completely lucky by taking a Patrick Ewing-less Knicks team to the NBA Finals and making the playoffs in six of his seven seasons there.

On a side note too, I'd much rather have someone with intelligence and balls, two things Corbin will never have.

You know whats way good for developing players? Cycling through coaches.

You've got to find the right guy. Don't you agree it's better to cut loose ties now rather than later?
Keeping Ty for continuity reasons is ridiculous. Does he have what it takes to beat top tier teams, keep
the correct rotations, and make good in game adjustments or not?

If he's not the right guy for the job wouldn't it benefit to get a guy in here sooner to gel with the young core?

You've got to find the right guy. Don't you agree it's better to cut loose ties now rather than later?
Keeping Ty for continuity reasons is ridiculous. Does he have what it takes to beat top tier teams, keep
the correct rotations, and make good in game adjustments or not?

If he's not the right guy for the job wouldn't it benefit to get a guy in here sooner to gel with the young core?

I'm not convinced he is worth firing yet. Like my previous post said, his first 1/2 year he had no shot, then a strike shortened year where the jazz actually do pretty well all things considered, then this year, we were doing pretty well and should have gone 3-1 on this road trip if not for 3 flukey things happening at the end of games. He's not killing the organization.

Deserved a pass his first 1/2 year, Jazz made the playoffs the 2nd year with a not very good roster, having a pretty good year minus this slump. He has done nothing to warrant a short leash, he might not be a great coach, but he isn't bad enough to pull the plug on him this quick.
The roster is fine. I'd argue this roster is good enough to be in the playoffs but they are not going to be. This roster last year was deep, which is critical when playing a **** load of games in a short period of time. They should have been a playoff team. At best Corbin gets a team to perform up to the talent level. At worst he gets them to perform far below talent level. This year it's definitely the former. They have the talent to be in the playoffs, they don't have the coaching or the disipline to be there.

Yeah, he must have gotten completely lucky by taking a Patrick Ewing-less Knicks team to the NBA Finals and making the playoffs in six of his seven seasons there.

On a side note too, I'd much rather have someone with intelligence and balls, two things Corbin will never have.

Wait he made the playoffs?!?!? Corbin so far has made the playoffs every year !!! He sucked in Houston , had 1 good year in NYC. He is no upgrade from Corbin, except I think he is funny, that is an upgrade.

Wait he made the playoffs?!?!? Corbin so far has made the playoffs every year !!! He sucked in Houston , had 1 good year in NYC. He is no upgrade from Corbin, except I think he is funny, that is an upgrade.
JVG is a big upgrade from Corbin.

I'm not convinced he is worth firing yet. Like my previous post said, his first 1/2 year he had no shot, then a strike shortened year where the jazz actually do pretty well all things considered, then this year, we were doing pretty well and should have gone 3-1 on this road trip if not for 3 flukey things happening at the end of games. He's not killing the organization.

Well, I appreciate your thoughts. We do need to think about who will replace him. That is fair.
I respect that you don't think he should go right now. It's more than just Corbin sucks, or blasting the Corbin haters.
There is some decent arguements on both sides. Hartsock I just want you to ask yourself this. Is this the guy
you want to go war with in the future? I don't think it's as easy as he's killing the organization. It's more subtle than that.
Whatever happens I hope we can keep the debate away from the fighting it's turned into to. We all just want the
team to do well.

Well, I appreciate your thoughts. We do need to think about who will replace him. That is fair.
I respect that you don't think he should go right now. It's more than just Corbin sucks, or blasting the Corbin haters.
There is some decent arguements on both sides. Hartsock I just want you to ask yourself this. Is this the guy
you want to go war with in the future? I don't think it's as easy as he's killing the organization. It's more subtle than that.
Whatever happens I hope we can keep the debate away from the fighting it's turned into to. We all just want the
team to do well.

I am 100% totally fine with Corbin being fired ...... IFFFFFF they have someone who has proven to be better than him to replace him. I dont want to bring in Horny, stupid move, The spurs asst (can't remember his name, but I would love to have a Pop disciple) ... JVG has proven nothing he had 1 GOOD year .... and a bunch of meh years, now he doesn't coach. I dont think people remember that a vast vast majority of coaches that dont have jobs were fired for sucking. There aren't a ton of great coaches out there, some but not a ton.