What's new

#firecorbin trending on twitter!

While it is understandable that the jazz would want to keep some cap flexibility going forward I find it laughable when people buy into the notion that the jazz are planning some blockbuster signing this summer which will turn everything around. Have you folks seen the FA class this summer? Um yeah...

All of a sudden that Millsap for Bledsoe trade or that trade with the spurs look even better.

While it is understandable that the jazz would want to keep some cap flexibility going forward I find it laughable when people buy into the notion that the jazz are planning some blockbuster signing this summer which will turn everything around. Have you folks seen the FA class this summer? Um yeah...

All of a sudden that Millsap for Bledsoe trade or that trade with the spurs look even better.
I don't believe Millsap for Bledsoe was a go from LAC's side. They wanted something else (Burks) and the Jazz were unwilling to part with whatever else they wanted. I would also have liked the SA trade.

I don't believe Millsap for Bledsoe was a go from LAC's side. They wanted something else (Burks) and the Jazz were unwilling to part with whatever else they wanted. I would also have liked the SA trade.

Ok. I gotcha. If I were the clipps GM I probably wouldn't have made that trade either.

I would have liked the SA trade. And whatever other trade offers floating around. I understand that some teams were a little weary this year. However, I still saw some moves over the summer and into this season. Just look at the Grizz. What are they... 12-1 since the Gay trade? Slowly but surely Denver has made a few nice acquisitions and are certainly the superior team to us. Houston? Lin, Harden, and Asik (and I'm probably missing out on a few others).

So I just don't buy the notion that Locke inc. tried to sell us that, "Well gee, we tried! But there just wasn't a deal to be had!"

Millsap and Jefferson were very tradeable. We could have gotten something from them last year, this summer, and this season. But we flat out refused. Lets be honest, we thought that we could make the playoffs (whether it was a #1 seed or a #8 seed, it didn't matter to the FO) with the vets. it worked last year! And the smoke and mirrors deceived so many here on this board. And it ended up costing us draft picks... Maybe even Damian Lillard (who would have been this team's missing piece).

True, trading one of them potentially could have meant that the 2012-13 season would have been a developmental season and we would have missed out on the playoffs. So they bet that by standing pat we could make the playoffs and earn those millions.

They committed to the vets and now it's coming to bite them in the ***.

This season has ultimately been a waste of time. I'm glad that folks are finally beginning to realize that this franchise isn't infallible. In fact, since the passing of LHM, I'm beginning to wonder if we're even well managed anymore or if we're destined to become the Twolves, Pistons, or Raptors.

This franchise has a lot of convincing to do. They could start by actually benching Big Al and playing the guy who deserves to start, Enes Kanter. They should also consider Burks at the point and abolishing Marvin to waterboy.

This summer they best put their thinking caps on and find a way to find us a LEGIT pg. Sorry, but the dumb trio we currently have couldn't even play PG for BYU (and their PGs suck).

I remember those times...back in 1992, twitter was going nuts with all those negative tweets about Jerry Sloan. The "FireSloan" facebook page had a lot of action as well.

The only thing bigger was the Free Ike Austin movement.

If fans were allowed to have a say, 90% of NBA teams would have 5 coaches a year. Idiots.

I like that Utah is not like most teams and has a revolving door at the head coach position. I simply feel that the Jazz made the wrong choice for head coach for a young up and coming team.

Ok. I gotcha. If I were the clipps GM I probably wouldn't have made that trade either.

I would have liked the SA trade. And whatever other trade offers floating around. I understand that some teams were a little weary this year. However, I still saw some moves over the summer and into this season. Just look at the Grizz. What are they... 12-1 since the Gay trade? Slowly but surely Denver has made a few nice acquisitions and are certainly the superior team to us. Houston? Lin, Harden, and Asik (and I'm probably missing out on a few others).

So I just don't buy the notion that Locke inc. tried to sell us that, "Well gee, we tried! But there just wasn't a deal to be had!"

Millsap and Jefferson were very tradeable. We could have gotten something from them last year, this summer, and this season. But we flat out refused. Lets be honest, we thought that we could make the playoffs (whether it was a #1 seed or a #8 seed, it didn't matter to the FO) with the vets. it worked last year! And the smoke and mirrors deceived so many here on this board. And it ended up costing us draft picks... Maybe even Damian Lillard (who would have been this team's missing piece).

True, trading one of them potentially could have meant that the 2012-13 season would have been a developmental season and we would have missed out on the playoffs. So they bet that by standing pat we could make the playoffs and earn those millions.

They committed to the vets and now it's coming to bite them in the ***.

This season has ultimately been a waste of time. I'm glad that folks are finally beginning to realize that this franchise isn't infallible. In fact, since the passing of LHM, I'm beginning to wonder if we're even well managed anymore or if we're destined to become the Twolves, Pistons, or Raptors.

This franchise has a lot of convincing to do. They could start by actually benching Big Al and playing the guy who deserves to start, Enes Kanter. They should also consider Burks at the point and abolishing Marvin to waterboy.

This summer they best put their thinking caps on and find a way to find us a LEGIT pg. Sorry, but the dumb trio we currently have couldn't even play PG for BYU (and their PGs suck).

Don't get me wrong I'm on your side here. I've been screaming for Millsap and or Al to be gone for most of 2 seasons now. I think there was a trade to be had. I will be very curious the direction this team takes this off season. But as long as Corbin is the headcoach I see no way for this team to play up to it's potential.

One thing Locke needs to realize:
GMs don't "find" deals, as is there is a marketplace of dudes with pricetags. GMs MAKE deals. And, after a while, it becomes fair game to criticize them for their apparent inability to do so.

I created another thread where I acknowledged that, as of next year, we may be in a good spot for MAKING deals and building a solid team. That said, it better be worth it, because these Big Al Middle Ages have been tortuously long.

Corbin will almost certainly get another year to prove his worth. But I don't see how anyone can say he's a good coach. That's not to say he can't turn into one, but the evidence is just not there to make a case this team will manage to turn it around either this season or next ... or whenever. However, there is evidence he is not a good coach and that's proving itself out in this season. This is an utter disaster for the Jazz - to lose like they are and to allow L.A. to slide into the 8th spot when everyone in the NBA counted the Lakers out. It's embarrassing. We're the butt of the NBA right now and I don't know if Utah has ever been that in my lifetime. Sure, we've had bad seasons before ... but this one is extra bad because everyone is noticing our implosion and worse, we're imploding at the benefit of the ****ing Lakers.

Goddammit, Corbin.

If Sean says there is no evidence one way but there is the other then it must be a closed book. Sean said so. Sean declareth.

Corbin will almost certainly get another year to prove his worth. But I don't see how anyone can say he's a good coach. That's not to say he can't turn into one, but the evidence is just not there to make a case this team will manage to turn it around either this season or next ... or whenever. However, there is evidence he is not a good coach and that's proving itself out in this season. This is an utter disaster for the Jazz - to lose like they are and to allow L.A. to slide into the 8th spot when everyone in the NBA counted the Lakers out. It's embarrassing. We're the butt of the NBA right now and I don't know if Utah has ever been that in my lifetime. Sure, we've had bad seasons before ... but this one is extra bad because everyone is noticing our implosion and worse, we're imploding at the benefit of the ****ing Lakers.

Goddammit, Corbin.

Of course he'll get another year to prove his worth. He has a year left and we know he's not going to get fired. These early years aren't vital for the development of our youth or anything. We need to more importantly see growth from Corbin. Once we see that, in another decade or so, we'll hopefully be able to get one or two more good years from our core four.

Of course he'll get another year to prove his worth. He has a year left and we know he's not going to get fired. These early years aren't vital for the development of our youth or anything. We need to more importantly see growth from Corbin. Once we see that, in another decade or so, we'll hopefully be able to get one or two more good years from our core four.

You know whats way good for developing players? Cycling through coaches.

There exist only two options. You either stick with a weak coach who will get you nowhere for the rest of eternity, or you destroy the team by cycling thru as many coaches as you can as fast as you can. Right?

There exist only two options. You either stick with a weak coach who will get you nowhere for the rest of eternity, or you destroy the team by cycling thru as many coaches as you can as fast as you can. Right?

There can be only two!!!

You know what's NOT good for developing young players? DNP-CD's and 3 mins of garbage time at the end of a blow-out. Or rewarding a good young player who's having a great game with a "benching" for 17 straight mins. Or young players seeing their HC trot out the same washed-up vets who are shooting "0-fer" night after night, but STILL getting a ton of PT - at the expense of those playing their $#%@! off when they get in the game for a few minutes.

Corbin MIGHT develop into a passable head coach. But in today's NBA, do we want to wait another 4-5 years to find out? By then, the C4 may very well have decided to %^$# Utah and take the first TRAX train out of town. Look at the last coaching decision Utah made: giving Sloan the job after Layden stepped down. Jerry had already been a head coach. He struggled for several seasons as the HC in Chicago before he was fired. He then paid his dues, learning under another head coach before getting a 2nd shot. Ty is in over his head, and it shows. We gave him a "pass" the first 1/2 season as the team was in chaos following the Sloan/Deron debacle. Last season we gave him another "pass" due to a shortened training camp. It's time to hold him accountable: nice guy, below-average head coach. Corbin needs to be fired, take a step back, return to the assistant coaching ranks (with a different team) and then get a 2nd shot when the time is right (with a different team). That will give him time to re-evaluate his coaching style. The dictatorial, "my way or the highway" approach is dated and just doesn't work.

Goddammit, Corbin.

well, there are players who say "I guarantee we will make the playoffs ..."
and there are people who say "it was just one game" or "it's just an off night"

oh, and this "no comment" organization have a plan, doncha know?

they'd better start to make the right decisions in order to not become a lottery team for years

You know what's NOT good for developing young players? DNP-CD's and 3 mins of garbage time at the end of a blow-out. Or rewarding a good young player who's having a great game with a "benching" for 17 straight mins. Or young players seeing their HC trot out the same washed-up vets who are shooting "0-fer" night after night, but STILL getting a ton of PT - at the expense of those playing their $#%@! off when they get in the game for a few minutes.

Corbin MIGHT develop into a passable head coach. But in today's NBA, do we want to wait another 4-5 years to find out? By then, the C4 may very well have decided to %^$# Utah and take the first TRAX train out of town. Look at the last coaching decision Utah made: giving Sloan the job after Layden stepped down. Jerry had already been a head coach. He struggled for several seasons as the HC in Chicago before he was fired. He then paid his dues, learning under another head coach before getting a 2nd shot. Ty is in over his head, and it shows. We gave him a "pass" the first 1/2 season as the team was in chaos following the Sloan/Deron debacle. Last season we gave him another "pass" due to a shortened training camp. It's time to hold him accountable: nice guy, below-average head coach.

Deserved a pass his first 1/2 year, Jazz made the playoffs the 2nd year with a not very good roster, having a pretty good year minus this slump. He has done nothing to warrant a short leash, he might not be a great coach, but he isn't bad enough to pull the plug on him this quick.