What's new

Flat Earth movement - explain please...

Do you believe the Earth is flat?

• Total voters
Ya, you can pretty much make an argument for anything using the Hadith. It was written by a lot of people across hundreds of years.

However, the Earth being on a whale was never a widespread Muslim belief. I know this not only because I think I would've heard of it otherwise, but because Muslims simply do not view things with that kind of animist perspective. Muslim superstitions revolve around curses, evil spirits, jinxes, and such things. There is also a creation account in the Quran. No mention of a whale as far as I remember.
I'm assuming since Islam is an Abrahamic religion, in the gods-humans-animal scaling, there are large gaps between gods, humans, and animals, in that order, with the larger gap being between humans and animals. Contrast to Native American religions which generally puts humans third with small gaps or Greek mythology which puts a slim gap between gods and humans.

I'm assuming since Islam is an Abrahamic religion, in the gods-humans-animal scaling, there are large gaps between gods, humans, and animals, in that order, with the larger gap being between humans and animals. Contrast to Native American religions which generally puts humans third with small gaps or Greek mythology which puts a slim gap between gods and humans.

That's exactly it. Muslims believing of that whale creation story would be as alien as Christians believing it. There is very little difference in perspective between those two ideologies.

We are going to get close to the Sun soon with two different projects. Really excited and kudos to flat earthers. I bet they inspire science people to find more evidence.

Now this explains it all!!!

images

I'm a flat-brained guy living on a round round world!

OMG, now Paul Pierce apparenly is dumb as f.... as well. That must be the stupidest argument I have heard for flat Earth, LMAO.

OMG, now Paul Pierce apparenly is dumb as f.... as well. That must be the stupidest argument I have heard for flat Earth, LMAO.

You think he's serious? The only thing more preposterous than flat-Earthers are those who actually believe in them. That is a conspiracy theory unto itself.

You think he's serious? The only thing more preposterous than flat-Earthers are those who actually believe in them. That is a conspiracy theory unto itself.
lol, of course there are tons of flat earthers and it looks like Pierce is dead serious.