What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

You forgetting nigel hayes?

He's on the honorable mention list.. I don't dislike his game, I'm still weary about 6'8 combo forwards that weigh 240lbs after Anthony Bennett.. he's kind of what I'd call "anchored to the ground"(In NBA terms at that height/weight) which is something I view as a limiting factor..

Having both Qi and Jeanne both in the lottery kinda pushed back a bunch of the bigs, who knows if Charlambopolous is in this draft too, Also half the mock would be 1 and dones, thats probably a few too many..

lol... fail.
We still love ya tho.

Cheers :)
I'll stand by my opinion though. Not too much more fail than rating Ben Simmons the 5th best prospect in this class if you ask me :D
Hopefully I make some more astute posts later on!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll stand by my opinion though. Not too much more fail than rating Ben Simmons the 5th best prospect in this class if you ask me :D

Yet you've posted Skal or Bender will go 1st. So you've got Simmons 3rd, and you think having him 5th is fail?? You'll fit in around here just fine...

Whats your beef with Brandon Ingram and Jamal Murray?? Enlighten us as to why Ben Simmons, and his ~60% FT shooting, is an obviously better NBA prospect??

Are you not worried about Ingram's lower body strength? I know he is young and has a lot of time to mature and fill out, but those legs are extremely thin. I know that isn't necessarily a hindrance on ability to perform in the NBA, but still seems like he has a very slight frame that could struggle to add strength.

The fail was referring to you saying it was only your second post when your profile showed 5.
Just humor bro.

Are you not worried about Ingram's lower body strength? I know he is young and has a lot of time to mature and fill out, but those legs are extremely thin. I know that isn't necessarily a hindrance on ability to perform in the NBA, but still seems like he has a very slight frame that could struggle to add strength.

Not at all.. Ingram has WAY too much going for him to get caught up on that. He's a certified game-changer. His demeanor's damn near perfect too, I don't know what more you could ask of a giant SF his age.

Ingram should be viewed in the light, that he's RAPIDLY improving and already incredibly skilled, I don't think that's overselling him.. He's going to be a match-up nightmare for a long time.. He passes the eye test with flying colors.

He appears gangly and maybe a bit raw initially, I guarantee you'll see constant flashes of brilliance if you watch him closely though... He makes some things that many NBA SF's struggle with look rather effortless.. (Watch him shoot off the dribble)

His instincts, pace and poise, especially on offense, are nothing short of phenomenal - It's almost like he's been mentored by an NBA superstar, and took to the teaching well.. (Which is what happened.. Jerry Stackhouse has been working with him for years..)

He's got top-notch shot selection too, you can count on it, that's no BS. It's refreshing to see from a player so talented..

If UK had him instead of Mulder, I don't see how they'd lose more than a game or 2.. Even when he was ranked like 18th in the class I was on Jazzfanz posting that I wanted UK to land him more than any other prospect offered, even said stuff like I'd gladly miss on 2 or 3 names to land him..

Ingram's a GREAT fit on this Jazz roster.. I don't see how anyone could argue otherwise - give him all the backup SF minutes, he's fine, Its an upgrade to the offense and the rim protection/rebounding doesn't suffer at all, infact Ingram might be able to add to that advantage, a SF with a 9'2" standing reach next to Favors and Rudy, is really an obscene amount of length.. Plus If Hayward were to opt out and bail. Hood and Ingram are great candidates to fill in those minutes. Hayward would be about to turn 28 after that summer, Ingram would just be turning 20..

Just to clarify, I don't think Kentucky is going to lose many games this season. I'd say 4 losses max, my gut tells me that might be underselling them though - The offense is going to be very dynamic, they'll probably call it 'more advanced' too, teams are going to get outpaced and lose their composure.. The 3 guard's gonna be really effective, they have more talent than Villanova's best 3-guard lineup (Kyle Lowry-Allen Ray-Randy Foye)..

The SEC is no cake-walk though.. UK's schedule is loaded, if they can successfully maneuver thru it their resume for a #1 seed will be strong.

I think they matchup well vs Duke (Last season too :mad:) - They've got the athletes to stay with their 3pt shooters... Derryck Thornton could be a pivotal match-up for Ulis to use as a platform to boost his perceived value early in the season, he's equipped to win it decisively IMO..

The SF matchup and the 3 guard lineup will be seriously tested vs Ingram though, that's in Duke's favor. Should be very interested to see how Coach Cal gameplans that, (I assume He'll stick with his guns - Throwing the kitchen sink at Ingram and stick with whatever works best is probably the safest bet IMO)

UCLA doesn't match up well vs UK either.. Kansas and LSU are the biggest threats IMO..

The last game in February @ Vanderbilt, should be a really good barometer of how ready they are for the tournament.

Not at all.. Ingram has WAY too much going for him to get caught up on that. He's a certified game-changer. His demeanor's damn near perfect too, I don't know what more you could ask of a giant SF his age.

Ingram should be viewed in the light, that he's RAPIDLY improving and already incredibly skilled, I don't think that's overselling him.. He's going to be a match-up nightmare for a long time.. He passes the eye test with flying colors.

He appears gangly and maybe a bit raw initially, I guarantee you'll see constant flashes of brilliance if you watch him closely though... He makes some things that many NBA SF's struggle with look rather effortless.. (Watch him shoot off the dribble)

His instincts, pace and poise, especially on offense, are nothing short of phenomenal - It's almost like he's been mentored by an NBA superstar, and took to the teaching well.. (Which is what happened.. Jerry Stackhouse has been working with him for years..)

He's got top-notch shot selection too, you can count on it, that's no BS. It's refreshing to see from a player so talented..

If UK had him instead of Mulder, I don't see how they'd lose more than a game or 2.. Even when he was ranked like 18th in the class I was on Jazzfanz posting that I wanted UK to land him more than any other prospect offered, even said stuff like I'd gladly miss on 2 or 3 names to land him..

Ingram's a GREAT fit on this Jazz roster.. I don't see how anyone could argue otherwise - give him all the backup SF minutes, he's fine, Its an upgrade to the offense and the rim protection/rebounding doesn't suffer at all, infact Ingram might be able to add to that advantage, a SF with a 9'2" standing reach next to Favors and Rudy, is really an obscene amount of length.. Plus If Hayward were to opt out and bail. Hood and Ingram are great candidates to fill in those minutes. Hayward would be about to turn 28 after that summer, Ingram would just be turning 20..

We all know Hayward goig to LA. ;) Also one must question the intelligence of anyone turning down NC to go to Duke.

Brown should be in the 2nd tier.
Dunn a bit too high.
Ellenson a bit too high.
Diallo a bit too high
Rabb a bit too low.

Not sure who else I move up.

I feel Ellenson is too low for example. And that's nothing to do with actual upside etc etc.
But usually teams deep in the lottery are poorly managed. And what I expect some night one GM selecting up top will wake up after having a hybrid dream that started with his memories of Ellenson video. And at some point that will turn into a Kevin Love highlight dream ;)

And some GMs will dig that skillset.
Provided obviously he can have an impact in the NCAA as a frosh(I think he can)
He's also not some 25 year old freshman, who fluked like 5 classes at school. That shouldn't hurt him either.

Who names their kid Dragan Bender?

Perhaps somebody from Croatia? He also signed a seven year contract last year so I hope he has some good buyouts built into there. Looks like his true out is not until after the 18/19 season so it may be a while before we see him unless he is willing to eat some of his own money to pay for a buyout.

I feel Ellenson is too low for example. And that's nothing to do with actual upside etc etc.
But usually teams deep in the lottery are poorly managed. And what I expect some night one GM selecting up top will wake up after having a hybrid dream that started with his memories of Ellenson video. And at some point that will turn into a Kevin Love highlight dream ;)

And some GMs will dig that skillset.
Provided obviously he can have an impact in the NCAA as a frosh(I think he can)
He's also not some 25 year old freshman, who fluked like 5 classes at school. That shouldn't hurt him either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKbQJVzdjhk

Ellenson's easily one of the best American born white players since Hayward. PKM has been consistently luke warm on him since he blew up, but his talents are undeniable in certain settings.. Just look at this..

I think he might be a better NBA prospect than T.J. Leaf from California in the much ballyhooed 2016 class, Leaf is much thinner and his handle's probably better. Ellenson is built like an NBA PF though, his footwork is good, he projects to be a very good rebounder. His frame is almost identical to Trey Lyles..

I think Diallo could be really productive in extended minutes though, he's like somewhere between Faried and Clint Capela.

Peeks, who would you take between Skal and Towns? (in terms of long term NBA potential)

Let me predict he answers Towns. Karl was very impressive in preseason, shot like 55% from the field - he's primed to make a run at the ROY and affect the game in many aspects.

(Post-up savant Jahlil Okafor shot like 36% in the preseason.. and Justise Winslow was putrid, like 25% from the field..)

I've always argued that you could play Towns, seamlessly at PF next to a big like Rudy, and you have your 'twin towers', Minnesota will certainly be mixing him and Dieng in lineups..

Skal's probably a better fit at PF next to Rudy though, he seems more naturally agile/light on his feet, where some of Karl's movements/extreme displays of skill seem like that of a NBA SF, Skal does some stuff that borders on guard-like - He's more 'twitchy', both possess unreal shooting touch/hand-eye coordination, but Skal's mechanics are more suited to deal with quicker reacting defensive players. Karl's shooting is more like, you better not give him a good look because he's going to bury it.

Skal's shooting is probably more like some make the game look easy **** - if he's hot there's just not much of an answer for it.. He's displayed some turnaround J's that just look remarkably fluid, Dirk typa ****..

Ellenson's easily one of the best American born white players since Hayward. PKM has been consistently luke warm on him since he blew up, but his talents are undeniable in certain settings.. Just look at this..

I think he might be a better NBA prospect than T.J. Leaf from California in the much ballyhooed 2016 class, Leaf is much thinner and his handle's probably better. Ellenson is built like an NBA PF though, his footwork is good, he projects to be a very good rebounder. His frame is almost identical to Trey Lyles..

I think Diallo could be really productive in extended minutes though, he's like somewhere between Faried and Clint Capela.

Wow, eerily similar to Lyles.

Peeks, who would you take between Skal and Towns? (in terms of long term NBA potential)

Tough call, but I'd go Skal.

Taller, more athletic, more upside. Skal has only been playing bb for 3 years and has a great offensive feel for the game. I bet his defensive prowess grows between now and the draft and he will be compared to AD-lite many, many times.

Tonight was UK's nationally televised blue-white scrimmage.

Poythress looked very good and it was great seeing him recovered from ACL surgery and back on the court as a senior. He was hitting 3's with ease and crashing the glass.

Murray is real. Have to guard up in his jersey. He doesn't even need to see the rim to drill 3's from anywhere.

Mulder seems limited but can definitely be a prolific spot up shooter.

Briscoe plays a little bully-ball but he's going to be good.

Ulis is a flat stud. He is obviously too small to be of much consequence in the NBA, but a straight baller and the best pure PG we've had in a decade or more.

Matthews was a big surprise. On no mock radar but he is going to surprise people.

Skal is learning. He will need about a dozen games to get into the swing of the speed and power of Div1, but then he'll turn it on.

Humphries has lead in his feet but a very gifted shooter and surprisingly good passer.

Lee seems VERY improved (handles, shooting, IQ). Being cautiously optimistic though.

Early prediction;

Skal goes #1 (though it won't look like it until toward the end of the year)
Murray goes #6
Briscoe goes #17
Poythress goes #33
Ulis goes #34
Lee goes #40

Matthews, Humphries, Mulder, Wynyard comes back.

I hate TJ Leaf. lol

Let me predict he answers Towns. Karl was very impressive in preseason, shot like 55% from the field - he's primed to make a run at the ROY and affect the game in many aspects.

(Post-up savant Jahlil Okafor shot like 36% in the preseason.. and Justise Winslow was putrid, like 25% from the field..)

I've always argued that you could play Towns, seamlessly at PF next to a big like Rudy, and you have your 'twin towers', Minnesota will certainly be mixing him and Dieng in lineups..

Skal's probably a better fit at PF next to Rudy though, he seems more naturally agile/light on his feet, where some of Karl's movements/extreme displays of skill seem like that of a NBA SF, Skal does some stuff that borders on guard-like - He's more 'twitchy', both possess unreal shooting touch/hand-eye coordination, but Skal's mechanics are more suited to deal with quicker reacting defensive players. Karl's shooting is more like, you better not give him a good look because he's going to bury it.

Skal's shooting is probably more like some make the game look easy **** - if he's hot there's just not much of an answer for it.. He's displayed some turnaround J's that just look remarkably fluid, Dirk typa ****..

Was a tough call and I went back and forth. Truth is it depends on the team I'm picking for and the circumstances, it's that close.
I took the position as if I'm an expansion team, no roster at all, have the first pick.. who do I choose to build around.

Tonight was UK's nationally televised blue-white scrimmage.

Poythress looked very good and it was great seeing him recovered from ACL surgery and back on the court as a senior. He was hitting 3's with ease and crashing the glass.

Murray is real. Have to guard up in his jersey. He doesn't even need to see the rim to drill 3's from anywhere.

Mulder seems limited but can definitely be a prolific spot up shooter.

Briscoe plays a little bully-ball but he's going to be good.

Ulis is a flat stud. He is obviously too small to be of much consequence in the NBA, but a straight baller and the best pure PG we've had in a decade or more.

Matthews was a big surprise. On no mock radar but he is going to surprise people.

Skal is learning. He will need about a dozen games to get into the swing of the speed and power of Div1, but then he'll turn it on.

Humphries has lead in his feet but a very gifted shooter and surprisingly good passer.

Lee seems VERY improved (handles, shooting, IQ). Being cautiously optimistic though.

Early prediction;

Skal goes #1 (though it won't look like it until toward the end of the year)
Murray goes #6
Briscoe goes #17
Poythress goes #33
Ulis goes #34
Lee goes #40

Matthews, Humphries, Mulder, Wynyard comes back.

You really think Poythress is going to go that high? You expecting a comeback year?

Ulis at 34 also seems super high for a PG of his stature.