What's new

Following potential 2014 draftees

I'm surprised that Early is still on the board. A combo guard (hopefully star point guard) and two wings is not what I expected, but I'll take it.

And Early one pick in front of the Jazz. Stokes is an interesting pickup. I'd have probably gone with one of the foreign kids as a draft and stash pick, but they could still trade back into the 2nd round like they did with Neto last year.

My final Draft Tiers and Ratings

Tier 1

Wiggins 99
Embiid 98
Parker 97
Vonleh 97
Exum 97

Teir 2

Julius Randle 95
Doug McDermott 94
Marcus Smart 92
Aaron Gordon 92
Jusuf Nurkic 91
Rodney Hood 91
Zach LaVine 90
Nik Stauskas 90
Dario Saric 90

Teir 3

Adriean Payne 89
TJ Warren 89
Tyler Ennis 89
Elfrid Payton 89
James Young 88

Teir 4

PJ Hairston 86
Bogdan Bogdanovic 86
Clint Capela 86
Jordan Clarkson 86
Shabazz Napier 85
Kyle Anderson 85
Walter Tavares 85
Cleanthony Early 85
KJ McDaniels 84
Jerami Grant 84
Jarnell Stokes 84

Tier 5

Spencer Dinwiddie 84
Damien Inglis 82
Vasilije Micic 82
Glenn Robinson III 82
Mitch McGary 81
CJ Wilcox 81
Jordan Adams 81
Artem Klimenko 80
Thanasis Antetokounmpo 78
Nikola Jokic 77
Semaj Christon 76
Deonte Burton 76
Jahii Carson 76
Markel Brown 73
DeAndre Daniels 73
Josh Huestis 73
Jabari Brown 71
Ioannis Papapetrou 70

Overall, I think I did pretty good.

ya you did.

Vonleh was a surprise for sure

I knew the Vonleh falling story pre-draft was legit, so if i was into making last second adjustments like the websites it would have been more accurate (Jordan Adams would have moved up a tier based on the promise rumor). I made that list a week before the draft, before the latest Embiid injury.

I knew the Vonleh falling story pre-draft was legit, so if i was into making last second adjustments like the websites it would have been more accurate (Jordan Adams would have moved up a tier based on the promise rumor). I made that list a week before the draft, before the latest Embiid injury.

So we got a tier 1 and a tier 2 guy (at 23 no less) Awesomeness.

It turns out Damien Inglis has a broken foot. Hes a crazy fit with the Bucks next to Jabari and Giannis... they're all 19 too.

the Bucks GM is saying Inglis would have gone top-15 next year. They say he will be ready for summer camp and might go to the SL to get familiar with his teammates, he will definitely be on the roster next year.

The Bucks are also excited about Johnny O'bryant at #38 saying he outplayed Mitch McGary in workouts

It turns out Damien Inglis had a broken foot. Hes a crazy fit with the Bucks next to Jabari and Giannis... theyre all 19 too.

the Bucks GM is saying Inglis would have gone top-15 next year. They say he will be ready for summer camp and might go to the SL to get familiar with his teammates, and he will be definitely on the roster next year.

The Bucks are also excited about Johnny Obryant at #38, theyre saying he outplayed Mitch McGary in a workout

I don't see the skill level for a lottery pick, don't know a lot about his improvements though.

But I see the angle to hype your own player when you're Hammond and try to get Milwaukee people excited for the franchise.

Milwaukee's wing rotation looks formidable. Giannis and Inglis have miles to go, though. They will surely suck again next season.

I don't see any of the bottom 6-8 teams this season being markedly better next year. We'll see some familiar faces in the top half of the lottery.

ya you did.

Vonleh was a surprise for sure

I think Perrin gave it away a bit. He was asked if Vonleh was a top-5 pick and he said, "we'll see." And his tone of voice wasn't the "teasing" type. Could definitely hear he wasn't that high on him. I figured if Vonleh slipped past Utah he might go to LA. But Randle makes more sense for them. Kobe would reduce Noah to tears.