What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

Possibly... If only he could do anything else but shoot...

You are smarter than this... he's a good passer and has a good steal rate and block rate.

And... he is really effing good at shooting.

To me Bam looks like a more skilled version of Biyombo/Jordan/Drummond... problem is... his measurables are a tier below those(I think with the league going smaller this won't be a problem). He still has an NBA frame and body and insane athleticism at his size. I still think he can switch and defend on the perimeter and I think he can be a good(maybe not great) rim protector. From workout videos I've seen his shot looks much better than I expected. There is potential for him to be able to stretch the floor at some point. He has good hands catching the ball in traffic and on lobs and has some awesome power moves in the paint, his post moves are somewhat rudimentary but again - I think he's further ahead than most of the bigs of his type in the draft.

Alright I'm in.

you can't have Lauri at 8 and Lydon at end of the second round...

You are smarter than this... he's a good passer and has a good steal rate and block rate.

And... he is really effing good at shooting.

He's a big who doesn't do the big-type things well... what's the point of having him on the floor and not put in a wing instead of him if the wing is going to rebound about as well and defend better than him, pass better than him, have better offensive skill than him?

Yeah, but counterpoint He did it out of zone defense

Yeah he's still a better passer and is just as good of a rebounder with better mobility than Lauri.

I can see Lydon as a stretch four doing better than Lauri as a stretch 5 (which is what he may have to be imo). Lauri is a better shooter but I think it is close.

People be dumping on Lydon and I think it's dumb.

He's a big who doesn't do the big-type things well... what's the point of having him on the floor and not put in a wing instead of him if the wing is going to rebound about as well and defend better than him, pass better than him, have better offensive skill than him?

Ryan Anderson is still in the league and I think Lydon is more athletic than him.

I get that some teams may have that wing but many won't. He rebounds well enough and he has a decent offensive rebound rate. His wingspan allows him to do more big things than Lauri, but Lauri is a top ten prospect.

He moves okayish, but i could see someone getting him in great shape and making him mobile enough to provide defensive value.