What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

Lol Im going to enjoy when Im right on Exum just like I was right on Hayward when 80% of the forum doubted him.

I really hope so man. This will be the happiest crow-eating I will have in quite some time.

But seriously, what type of player do you see him and do you think his handle will ever be league average for a PG? Or his mid-range game?

There's no doubt what Frank just did was vastly more impressive than any predraft Dante's performance, anyone who says otherwie is reaching heavily(and probably didn't see what Frank just did in the last 2 games) and If you recall I posted quite a bit of Exum footage (full games).

There's also no doubt that Dante has more boost naturally in his step though.

to call the U18 players HS kids isn't exactly a true barometer of the talent level either, some of those squads are loaded with pro talent like an elite college team(Which certainly cn be said about some US HS's like La Lumiere)..there's som obscenely talented HS teams but I don't think any are quite like France's U18 team that just won the chip, which has several professionals and an absolutely gigantic backcourt. Many of those teams would absolutely run a HS team off the court.

I know there's injuries but doesn't Quinn putting Dante in as the starting PG show that they've got a good deal of faith in his skills? Whats the Jazz record with Exum as a starter?

Really nice game for Svi last night and Kansas, quietly he's been getting better and better. Up to 43% from 3 on over 5 attempts per..

13-9-4ast-3blks for Chimezie Metu last night..

Here's Jacob Evans who I mentioned a few posts up touching 12'1" he's 6'6"

[tweet]781896363822940160[/tweet]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DC5cFyRams (#1 in white)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4feEzjNdn8

good passer and 3pt shooter too. He's far from a 1 trick pony.

Derrick White lead Colorado on a big comeback - 17-5-7ast- 4blks

Last edited:
to call the U18 players HS kids isn't exactly a true barometer of the talent level either, some of those squads are loaded with pro talent like an elite college team(Which certainly cn be said about some US HS's like La Lumiere)..there's som obscenely talented HS teams but I don't think any are quite like France's U18 team that just won the chip, which has several professionals and an absolutely gigantic backcourt. Many of those teams would absolutely run a HS team off the court.

There is a massive difference indeed between the very very inconsitant level of play in the american AAU system and in the european youth levels. In most european countries the U16 or U18 national team plays quite a lot of games so really those young players play many games against the cream of the cream of other european youngsters, plus add to that that many of those young guys are being trained inside training programs of pro clubs or the national training programm of the national federation. It has nothing to do with the utter mess that the AAU circuit is. A french 16 year old plays 15 games per year with his national team (the best young guys in the country) + is trained inside the programm of his local pro club. Imagine if in the US instead of going through the circus that is the AAU circuit and then the unpaid slavery to allow big unis to make money that is the NCAA, young players got to go through U16 or U18 programs of the San Antonio Spurs, Knicks, Bulls or others ? We would see such a massive difference.

There is a massive difference indeed between the very very inconsitant level of play in the american AAU system and in the european youth levels. In most european countries the U16 or U18 national team plays quite a lot of games so really those young players play many games against the cream of the cream of other european youngsters, plus add to that that many of those young guys are being trained inside training programs of pro clubs or the national training programm of the national federation. It has nothing to do with the utter mess that the AAU circuit is. A french 16 year old plays 15 games per year with his national team (the best young guys in the country) + is trained inside the programm of his local pro club. Imagine if in the US instead of going through the circus that is the AAU circuit and then the unpaid slavery to allow big unis to make money that is the NCAA, young players got to go through U16 or U18 programs of the San Antonio Spurs, Knicks, Bulls or others ? We would see such a massive difference.

we'd see a difference for sure but It's not like it'd affect team USA's win's and losses at that level. Pretty sure they've never lost a game at the U16 and U17 age groups and the U18 team is 54-1 with it's sole loss coming in 2002 at the hands of Venezuela. The squad responsible for the L had Deron, Carmelo, Bosh, Kris Humphries and Andre Iguodala.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRof-znxMYI

If what he says in the beginning is true, then he's 7'0 barefoot with a 7'2 wingspan big. He'd be a full year younger than Kristaps if he declares for the '17 draft. Wanna bet some GM might be willing to take a risk if his measurements are off the charts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRof-znxMYI

If what he says in the beginning is true, then he's 7'0 barefoot with a 7'2 wingspan big. He'd be a full year younger than Kristaps if he declares for the '17 draft. Wanna bet some GM might be willing to take a risk if his measurements are off the charts?

I believe his height is right around 7'. Watching him this past week I thought he was definitely at least 6'11½"

Did you watch much of the tournament? what'd you think of Da Silva/Olinde/Herkenhoff?

Also have you heard of Nelson Weidemann? 6'3" PG ALBA Berlin 1999

Exum didn't dominate U19. He was pretty good. But your point is still well taken. It is HS. You have to be wary. And if you are going to take a guy based on HS, yeah he really better be dominant. Not 17 ppg on 44% shooting or whatever Exum did.

His form at the World Cup in 2014 I think was a better indicator of where he was at, I watched all of Australia's games at the world cup and he looked like a project.

I believe his height is right around 7'. Watching him this past week I thought he was definitely at least 6'11½"

Did you watch much of the tournament? what'd you think of Da Silva/Olinde/Herkenhoff?

Also have you heard of Nelson Weidemann? 6'3" PG ALBA Berlin 1999

I watched like 2 games fully and another one partially. I liked Weidemann against Turkey. He's playing for Munich though. I'm not really into youth basketball unless special circumstances. In Germany there's 2 teams with money(Bamberg, Munich), a couple teams with somewhat less money and the rest is either avg or poor budget wise. The big teams buy all the top tier talent no matter if they can develop those properly.

The more I read about/see from Michael Weathers(Miami of Ohio) the more I'm impressed.

He's 6'2" and very quick(as he should be at only around 160lbs) he's got a sharp handle and great stop/start ability, draws tons of fouls...

He seems like a rich mans version of former Texas PG Isaiah Taylor.

19.5ppg 5.0reb 4.5apg on solid %'s thru his first 12 games in college.

Super-skinny Wyoming Jr. Hayden Dalton might be a late-blooming sleeper, there's been a serious uptick in his play of late. He's somehwere around 6'9" give or take an inch.
Cz40dKSUkAA3_PV.jpg

He's a good athlete with shotblocking capabilities, also a really good passer and pretty good shooter. I just watched him drop 18 and 18 with 6 assists on USC in OT the other day, he was great in the game and hit this 3 to bring it to OT.

[tweet]812595926485241857[/tweet]

I'd definitely consider taking a flier late in the 2nd.. If he was jacked instead of rail thin we all would've heard about him a while back. He's really got a rather complete skillset, in fact he pretty much does it all. Could have some serious upside in a best-case scenario....

@JMacSC Dec 23
Hayden Dalton of @wyo_mbb 3rd player in last 20 seasons with 18-18-6 vs ranked opponent. '13 Rod Rucker (UAB) & '03 Mike Sweetney (GTWN).

Last edited:
The more I read about/see from Michael Weathers(Miami of Ohio) the more I'm impressed.

He's 6'2" and very quick(as he should be at only around 160lbs) he's got a sharp handle and great stop/start ability, draws tons of fouls...

He seems like a rich mans version of former Texas PG Isaiah Taylor.

19.5ppg 5.0reb 4.5apg on solid %'s thru his first 12 games in college.

Watching another replay right now. Weathers is sharp! At times he reminds me of Mo Williams. Also worth mentioning he's got a twin bro on the team Marcus.

xOWK23Ox.jpg

Quickly becoming one of my favorite players in the nation. I don't know how this kid would go undrafted in 2017.. I'm slowly constructing 2018 2019 and even possibly a 2020 mock(for ****s and giggles and because I'll actually have a field of 'upperclassman' set) but Weathers is going in the 2017 mock.

An under the radar Freshman PG (Plays off the ball for UVA - He's combo-y) is Kyle Guy, Mr. Basketball Indiana like Trey Lyles. He's about 6'2 or 6'3" and to me could be a totally perfect fit in Utah for a very long list of reasons, He'd play a Trey Burke type of role off the bench but I think much more efficiently. He's currently 18/30 from 3 and a total marksman from deep. A Jerryd Bayless type of guard.

Torched Cal at home in the 2nd half the other day for 14 pts (17 total)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hylHwA3CxUE
He rocks the manbun and is pretty athletic, quicker than you'd expect and super active/gritty. He's definitely draftable, possibly as early as this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkUt8583iMg

He'd be a damn fine 2nd rd pick. One of the best Seniors in the nation. Look at these stats!

16.6ppg, 7.5rebs, 3.2ast, 1.5blks. 2.5stl, 44% from 3 on 6.3 attempts per. 6'5" SG, he's a few months older than Exum.

I think a lot of international guys who don't get a promise at a spot they like will pull out of the draft late next year. Unless they plan to stay for 3 more years anyways to avoid the rookie scale(I suppose agents will know if the new CBA changes sth about the 3 yr rule)

I think a lot of international guys who don't get a promise at a spot they like will pull out of the draft late next year. Unless they plan to stay for 3 more years anyways to avoid the rookie scale(I suppose agents will know if the new CBA changes sth about the 3 yr rule)

I really hope Kulboka stays in this draft. A player like Alpha Kaba who's auto-eligible in 2018 will be an interesting player to watch..

With the picks Utah has accumulated they're really in position to try and make some promises.

My gut feeling is were still gonna be talking bout Jonathan Jeanne on the 2018 draftee's thread. Simanic and dos Anjos seem to be the biggest wildcards at this point.