What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

I'm actually not as down on Troy Brown's athleticism as most people. It's not top shelf like Jaylen, but it's okay. Troy has played 4 positions as well. He can defend 1 - 4. He's pretty versatile.

I hope you're right. I like that kid a lot. Of all these possible-one-and-dones he was one of the first that really looked like a surefire NBA player to me. I posted a video of him playing PG and making all sorts of great passes MANY summers back.

To me it seems like the Jazz need a strong SF... What i've called a warlord wing... Royce O'Neale isn't a bad band-aid but if they could find another good development project like that it could pay major dividends down the line..

Issue is this is not really the draft for this..

Cincinnati's Jacob Evans fits the bill the best. IDK how they take him in the 20's though. Jacob Evans is IMO a "need" type of pick. Maybe they pony up some $$$ and buy a pick to take him? then u go with a major development project like Anfernee Simons or Mitchell Robinson in the 1st.

Wenyen Gabriel's declared for the draft, not hired an agent. He'd be an excellent fit if they'd be lucky enough to get him in the 2nd round.

Donte D. has declared. I have watched one game, but based on my observations of said game he should be the number one pick. I don't know where or if he is drafted but I want him to be a part of this in an illogical, probably incorrect way.

I have to admit, Mitchell Robinson is intriguing. He'll probably be off the board when the Jazz pick, but if the league is all about forming superteams with big wings, maybe the counter move is to see if we can find another 6'10" or 6'11" freak athlete to shut those wings down. Then spread the floor with 3 shot creators.

The most intriguing play in this tape is the low dribble, cross-over and drive from 20 feet out at 1:39. He has a couple other nice drives and a few long jumpers.

Edit: Yeah, look for this guy to rise in workouts.

Last edited:
I still think the comp for Troy Brown is Khris Middleton. Similar size and numbers, both had questions on the jumper.

I'd be fine with picking him if he is mature kid ready to go to work. No more lazy Treys.

I have to admit, Mitchell Robinson is intriguing. He'll probably be off the board when the Jazz pick, but if the league is all about forming superteams with big wings, maybe the counter move is to see if we can find another 6'10" or 6'11" freak athlete to shut those wings down. Then spread the floor with 3 shot creators.

The most intriguing play in this tape is the low dribble, cross-over and drive from 20 feet out at 1:39. He has a couple other nice drives and a few long jumpers.

Edit: Yeah, look for this guy to rise in workouts.

Nothing about HS tapes against people who looked like me in HS will ever intrigue me.

I like our draft position... honestly outside of the top 11ish guys the rest all kind of look the same. I like Musa, Brown, Evans, Thomas... I liked the idea of Walker cuz the jumper looks pure, but he doesn't do anything else.

Not as high on Milton, KBD, and Hutchison but could absolutely talk myself into any of those dudes. I trust that DL withholding the pick in the Niko trade talks tells me he thinks he will find something in that group.

I don't disagree, but with Robinson you have to look and see if there's potential to develop a Rasheed Wallace-type big. He'd be a project for sure.

Guys won't develop unless they can get on the court. TB couldn't get on the court. It is easier to get a wing on the court a little to develop.

I get what you are saying and agree we take the BPA, but you better figure out how to get another center some court time if you believe that is the ceiling. If you think he's a top 10 talent you take him at 21, but with where the league is an how many good bigs are available I think you have to discount all centers.

I say we get Denver's pick.

Utah been eating Denver's lunch in the draft for years.

They won't do deals with us anymore... so here is what we are going to do... they will talk with us and find out who we want (so they think). They will reach and pick a guy who is beyond a reach... said guy will bust. Doesn't get us a superstar again, but will still be fun.

Guys won't develop unless they can get on the court. TB couldn't get on the court. It is easier to get a wing on the court a little to develop.

I get what you are saying and agree we take the BPA, but you better figure out how to get another center some court time if you believe that is the ceiling. If you think he's a top 10 talent you take him at 21, but with where the league is an how many good bigs are available I think you have to discount all centers.

The only big I would take at the Jazz's spot is Robert Williams if he fell. He is big, super athletic, and is actually a pretty good passer. He is a lot like Favors and if you ever develop his skills he has a high ceiling, and like Favors would be able to play the 4 because of his potentially elite defensive versatility.

Guys like Robinson I just dont see the risk being worth it. He is just a 5 and projects to be more like DeAndre Jordan than Rasheed Wallace.

Mitchell Robinson shot 28% on 137 3pt attempts his senior year in HS...

He shot 59% on his FT's on 224 attempts.

His workout videos remind me of WCS when people became enamored with him hitting jumpers and handling the ball.

I think he is a great prospect for what he is, a rim runner/shot blocker, but I wouldn't draft him as a team with an established star center.

Last edited:
The only big I would take at the Jazz's spot is Robert Williams if he fell. He is big, super athletic, and is actually a pretty good passer. He is a lot like Favors and if you ever develop his skills he has a high ceiling, and like Favors would be able to play the 4 because of his potentially elite defensive versatility.

Guys like Robinson I just dont see the risk being worth it. He is just a 5 and projects to be more like DeAndre Jordan than Rasheed Wallace.

Williams at 21 is a good value and I’d get it. He’s proved it at the college level and is the type of guy that college basketball kind of minimizes.

I don’t think Williams gets past the clips or nuggets tbh... both teams will need what he could be... I don’t think DJ stays in LA much longer.

Denver probably takes a combo forward that can shoot threes but is a defensive liability because that is what they do, but I’d think Williams would be a good fit there.

That's what we said about Bolomboy. I know Williams is bigger, but he would be a big project trying to develop him and win games at the same time. He's a good candidate for a team in rebuild mode.

Donte D. has declared. I have watched one game, but based on my observations of said game he should be the number one pick. I don't know where or if he is drafted but I want him to be a part of this in an illogical, probably incorrect way.

I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on DiVincenzo. Much more athletic than I realized.