What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

That's what we said about Bolomboy. I know Williams is bigger, but he would be a big project trying to develop him and win games at the same time. He's a good candidate for a team in rebuild mode.
Bolomboy was low IQ and low skill, and undersized. His athleticism was also wonky. Explosive, but he moved awkwardly.

Williams has a pretty strong IQ, or at least flashes of one, and is huge. He has like a 7'5 wingspan.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on DiVincenzo. Much more athletic than I realized.

That two hand vertical block was shocking... I had to rewind it because I thought for sure it was a foul... nope.

Jazz should focus on ridiculous athletes who have a strong work ethic and a high basketball IQ.

Quin can work with everything else - although it would be nice if they could shoot and play defense.

Last edited:
Noted. But that's about all the tape there is on him. Same with Simons.

-1:13

Mitchell Robinson is quite simply one of the best shotblockers on the planet currently outside of the NBA. Only a fool would argue otherwise. Here's some footage of him at the McDonalds game vs top talent..

Mitchell Robinson is extremely impressive on the basketball court, regardless of the competition. **** he's impressive all by himself on the court. He's got EXTREME explosion for a player that size. He has an incredible knack for blocking jumpshots, which is not an easy thing to do and its because he's got EXTREME recovery speed. He's EXTREMELY light on his feet and agile, it's not some hearsay exaggeration, it's rather apparent whenever you see him play, he jumps off the screen. Derrick Favors was quite the specimen at that age too and Robinson has even more effortless lift....

If he went like in the top-10 I wouldnt even bat an eye, I wonder why people would be shocked if that occurred -- other than the obvious, they take too much stock in mock drafts.... He's on par or greater than Thon Maker who went in the lotto IMO, he's such a better athlete too. He can shoot and he runs like the wind in the open court. Mitchell Robinson is going to make a ******** of $$$ if he pans out.

There is footage of these players its just way easier to find in real-time as opposed to 1 summer too late and in highlights. This is the NBA we're talking about here, guaranteed millions in the first round, Robinson and Mitchell's spots are secure not because they are a good gamble, but because it would be a bad gamble to take many of these other players before them.

Who knows how much of a project he is though, obviously needs to add strength but bigs that go top-5 routinely need to add strength too, it takes bigs the longest to adjust and for good reason...

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on DiVincenzo. Much more athletic than I realized.

I tried to sound the warning call on DiVicenzo last year. but i suppose it got buried and lumped in with "PG_AB hypes everyone"... I used to say u wont see him on mocks but this kid is an NBA player for sure and i'd have considered him with a late 2nd rd pick.

Robert Williams has good instincts. His IQ is questionable, bypassing last years draft and his explanation was stupid... I've followed this kid for a very long time. He wont be on the board at 21.

Comparing Bolomboy to him is utterly ridiculous.

Divencinzo is awesome. A true gamer. He could easily play with Mitchell.

I still don't think there is enough being said about omari spellman.

He is big, rebounds well and can hit shots. He plays defense too.

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

Divencinzo is awesome. A true gamer. He could easily play with Mitchell.

I still don't think there is enough being said about omari spellman.

He is big, rebounds well and can hit shots. He plays defense too.

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

Spellman just is one of these players with great positioning, he has a knack for being in the right place at the right time and it's no coincidence.. He's definitely a high IQ player. Tough kid.

He's also damn strong for his size. He used to be 290 lbs!!! USA Basketball measured him at 287lbs in 2015 with 24% body fat... and has done a great job cutting down all the babyfat, he's definitely one of those types of ex-fat dudes who's got extra strong legs from hauling around that extra weight for years.

How fat players can actually be is up for debate, but when DX's database was free and accessible I found the cutoff to be about 18 or 19%(pre-draft) beyond that the talent level fell vociferously into fringe player or worse' territory.

74CaNHzH.jpg

He's probably the closest thing to Mehmet Okur in this draft.....

We're going to get a nice rotation player at 21. There are enough guys that will be available when we draft.

Yup, for sure. Fringe lotto talent is gonna fall in their laps.

I swear Mitchell Robinson, if he falls that far, which remains to be seen, has Clint Capela type of upside for a big in that range. I was a huge supporter of Capela here in these draft threads. I watched him play in ProA and reported back here I thought he passed the eye test with flying colors.. There was some insane stat line he put up that caught my attention, made me say I gottta see this formyself. To me one of my favorite storylines in the NBA all season is just how good Capela is and that people don't really wanna recognize it.

Last edited:
So Deandre Hunter is going back to school. Disappointing.

As for Mitchell Robinson, his interviews are not encouraging. His interviews might be as bad as Hassan Whiteside's.

So Deandre Hunter is going back to school. Disappointing.

As for Mitchell Robinson, his interviews are not encouraging. His interviews might be as bad as Hassan Whiteside's.

He's got major unfinished business to deal with at UVA... I still have a bad taste in my mouth from how that team will be looked at historically. They are gonna be out for blood next season, they'll redeem themselves if healthy too.. That is EASILY one of the most talented and Well-balanced teams in college, they should be preseason #1 easily..... Jay Huff and Mamadi Diakite will really step up and shine. They will hype up Bennett and the style of play and the sustained excellence, but truly they have immense talent.

Plus with the perimeter duo of Cam Reddish and RJ Barrett at Duke he's gonna have several chances to showcase himself vs premier talent, as he did with tremendous success vs Bagley this season.

ESPN released a 2019 mock today and Hunter was 11th..

So... moving on to Jared Vanderbilt who declared without an agent. He's a 6'9" long wing (probably 7'0" wingspan). He has legit point-foward ability and goes to the glass as hard as any wing I can remember. Great rebounder and is quick to the rim. He defends and would be a good for us, were it not for the fact that he shoots like a stormtrooper. The question is whether he can learn to shoot, or whether his shot is just too broken. Early in his career, he could be something like Jerami Grant of the Thunder. Heck, he even yells, "Ahh ****" when he blocks a shot.

He also missed most of the season and then the tournament with injuries. The foot problems may be a real concern.

Last edited:
I hope you're right. I like that kid a lot. Of all these possible-one-and-dones he was one of the first that really looked like a surefire NBA player to me. I posted a video of him playing PG and making all sorts of great passes MANY summers back.
I like our draft position... honestly outside of the top 11ish guys the rest all kind of look the same. I like Musa, Brown, Evans, Thomas... I liked the idea of Walker cuz the jumper looks pure, but he doesn't do anything else.

Not as high on Milton, KBD, and Hutchison but could absolutely talk myself into any of those dudes. I trust that DL withholding the pick in the Niko trade talks tells me he thinks he will find something in that group.

I think Brunson be a homerun. He is a gym rat and winner .Play Donovan and him together. It would be nasty.

I think Brunson be a homerun. He is a gym rat and winner .Play Donovan and him together. It would be nasty.

I mean I like him in a Fred Vanvleet way... but I think he’s a good career backup. Not really what I’m looking for.

If he went like in the top-10 I wouldnt even bat an eye, I wonder why people would be shocked if that occurred -- other than the obvious, they take too much stock in mock drafts.... He's on par or greater than Thon Maker who went in the lotto IMO, he's such a better athlete too. He can shoot and he runs like the wind in the open court. Mitchell Robinson is going to make a ******** of $$$ if he pans out.

I read an article (I think it was one of the ESPN Insider guys) and they said they wouldn't be surprised to see Robinson go top 10. I wonder if the Spurs will take a chance on him if he falls or if he doesn't fit their culture.

So... moving on to Jared Vanderbilt who declared without an agent. He's a 6'9" long wing (probably 7'0" wingspan). He has legit point-foward ability and goes to the glass as hard as any wing I can remember. Great rebounder and is quick to the rim. He defends and would be a good for us, were it not for the fact that he shoots like a stormtrooper. The question is whether he can learn to shoot, or whether his shot is just too broken. Early in his career, he could be something like Jerami Grant of the Thunder. Heck, he even yells, "Ahh ****" when he blocks a shot.

He also missed most of the season and then the tournament with injuries. The foot problems may be a real concern.

Vanderbilt is an Enigma. If he could shoot he would be a lottery pick. IF he can be taught to shoot he could be the steal of the draft.