What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Wow, didn't realize Portsmith started yesterday. Not sure it is even relevant any more.

April 11-14
Portsmouth Invitational Tournament (Portsmouth, VA)

Kyle Washington with a big first day 6'9" forward from Cincy with 24 points on 8-11 and 2-3 (3pt)
Jock Landale (Who i like as a bench big) with 17 effecient points and 13 rebounds. 6'11" aussie from st marys
Gary Clark (Have had a few people mention him) 6'8" forward from ciny went 4-8 and 3-4 from 3.
Justin Tillman a 6'8" forward from VCU 25 pts and 11 boards on day 2 going 12-18
Payton Aldridge 6'8" forward from Davidson drops 23 points going 8 - 15 from the floor but 4 -8 from 3 point line
Kendrick Nunn with a wow performance today 6'3" had 28 points on 10-14 and 6-7 from 3.

Finally caught a game from the PIT today, my guy Hall looked pretty solid as his squad pulled away in the second half.

Kyle Washington is one to keep an eye on with a decent 6'9" frame he shot 36% from 3 but has a funky shot. Kind of reminds me some of the way Sam Perkins use to shoot. He is kind of bouncy and coming from Ciny you know he can play defense.

Ehh, not real impressed watching him at Cincinnati over the season, likely their 3rd best player. Team has already lost their 1st two games of the tournery (he was 6-23 in game 2 and the team allowed 100+ in both games).

21st ehh... Hmm, still like Shamet there, though Musa is a guy the team needs to get in for workouts for sure. Troy Brown as a bit of a project?

Don't see any 4's in that area worth looking into with Tillie returning to Gonzaga. Maybe Bates-Diop?

Omari spellman could be an option. Also jontay Porter a good pick up. I wouldn't dismiss Justin Jackson as a second round pick. I think he has the most chance to pull a kuzma this draft.

*A kuzma - a player (forward) projected in the second round that will come in and work himself up the draft with strong workouts and good shooting in work outs.

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
Why I'm high on Shamet visualized:

i like shamet but I just don't know how I feel he fits. I think Rubio is a lock to continue at PG for the future and Exum seems to be a great back up at the 1 and the 2. O'Neale is solid back up especially for the price but he could be replaceable but would you want to draft a player that will be a 3rd string pg and sg back up?

I think BPA should always take precedence but when you are draft in the 20s it is always beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are a lot of players that could be decent in that area. That is why team needs will have more weight then draft in the lottery.

Of course one argument is that Exum is a RFA and could get offered to much money to match and Shamet would be security if Exum leave. I just don't know

Gary Trent Jr. is very likely to get taken in our range. Not sure how athletic he can be, but a young player with good size for a 2-guard (6'6") who shoots 40% on 3s on over 6 attempts per game will certainly get drafted in the first round. He could go a spot or two before Troy Brown, imo. Being on the same floor as Bagley, Carter, Duval and Allen probably reduced his role and his touches.

Averaged 14.5 / 4.2 / 1.4 / 1.2 stl / 88% FT% as a freshman in the ACC

Last edited:
Draft Big Board:

Top 5: Doncic, Ayton, Bagley, Jackson Jr., Porter Jr.

6 - 10 range: Bamba, Sexton, Carter, Young, Mikal Bridges

11 - 15 range: Knox, Miles Bridges, Gilgeous-Alexander, Walker, Williams

16 - 20 range: Zhaire Smith, J. Porter, Mitchell Robinson, Trent Jr., Troy Brown

21 - 25 range: Khyri Thomas, Musa, Wilkes, Bates-Diop, Simons

Revisiting Kris Wilkes -- 6'8", 200-lb freshman wing with a smooth shooting stroke and the ability to hit from mid-range or 3-pt range. Plays mostly a finesse game and isn't very physical, but can get to the rim if he has space. Shot 35% from 3-pt on nearly 5 attempts per game, while averaging 13.8 ppg for UCLA. Rebounding numbers are just okay at 4.9 rpg and his steal numbers are low at 0.8 spg. Strangely, his FT% is only 67%. He has the ability to create a little with the ball in his hands. If things go well for him, he could be a spot-up wing shooter with the ability to step inside the arc and make a few plays. Maybe his impact is similar to a player like Caris Levert with the Nets. Decent, but doesn't really show a very high ceiling, imo.

Whatever happens we need to make this pick count. If we hit it or miss here it might be the difference on how high the ceiling of this core can be... okay maybe a bit dramatic but getting one more promising piece and hit on a trade or FA acquisition in the next year or two and we are gold.

The strength of this draft, once we get into the Jazz's range, is really combo-guards and wings. As much as it would be nice to pick up a forward, there really aren't many good ones. Another player that could be interesting is Shake Milton from SMU.