What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Bonga is a non shooting Ingles

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

Bonga is taller, longer, faster and shiftier than Ingles. He's got potential for a real off-the-dribble game.

He needs to mature, add strength and works on his shooting, but if he puts it together he could be an impact player. He's the proverbial 2 years away.

Last edited:
Kurucs is now listing at 6'10". See if he draws some comparisons to Saric this year. He'd be a good 2nd-round pick.
Was just reading an article on kurucs and how Barcelona has been hiding him. Part because he refused to sign a long term contract with them.

He has a large buyout this year but none next year. He either gets drafted this year and stashed a year or he goes back and gets drafted next year.

Because he has been jerked around he is trying to hard in the games he gets to play and hasn't been doing well. A lot has to do with lack of consistent playing time.

Was just reading an article on kurucs and how Barcelona has been hiding him. Part because he refused to sign a long term contract with them.

He has a large buyout this year but none next year. He either gets drafted this year and stashed a year or he goes back and gets drafted next year.

Because he has been jerked around he is trying to hard in the games he gets to play and hasn't been doing well. A lot has to do with lack of consistent playing time.

If he has a buy-out, he'd be better off getting picked in the 2nd round. Then I think the team can pay him whatever they want and can pay enough to cover his buyout.

Catchall you have a weird fetish for dudes who are just long and have actually shown no real ability to play basketball at a high level.

Josh Hart, SG 22.7 mpg 7.3 ppg 4.1 rpg 1.2 apg 0.72 spg 0.26 bpg 0.7 tpg 11.6 per
Josh Hart, SG .464 fg% .383 3pt% 0.68 ft%

6'5"
23 years old

Royce O'Neale, SF 16.5 mpg 4.9 ppg 3.3 rpg 1.4 apg 0.54 spg 0.22 bpg 0.8 tpg 10.7 per
Royce O'Neale, SF .416 fg% .342 3pt% 0.80 ft%

6'6"
24 years old

as the season has gone on Hart has gotten better and O'Neale has gotten worse. Don't get me wrong I love my Jazz but Hart would have been a great addition.
Yeah because as the season has gone on for the Lakers they have dropped out of the playoff race and there is no pressure on him as a rookie. He can just go out and use possessions.

O'Neale is playing high pressure basketball as a defensive role player and trying not to make mistakes.

If he falls to the 2nd, I’d consider trading up for him. I’d also consider bringing hm over right away. Seems like Barcelona screws with young players with NBA potential and it takes them awhile to make the transition when they do come over. Rather not wait unless the buyout is too extreme.

If he falls to the 2nd, I’d consider trading up for him. I’d also consider bringing hm over right away. Seems like Barcelona screws with young players with NBA potential and it takes them awhile to make the transition when they do come over. Rather not wait unless the buyout is too extreme.
I would draft him in the second too

Long, athletic, coordinated and skilled, yes. That's where the best players come from.
It's also where players like Bruno Cabocolo come from.

You tried convincing us Kostas was a first round pick despite him being awful and no where close to a NBA player.

It's also where players like Bruno Cabocolo come from.

You tried convincing us Kostas was a first round pick despite him being awful and no where close to a NBA player.

I don't know much about Cabloco, never watched him. The NBA is about skilled length and speed. Players that don't have it can't create space for themselves.

As for Kostas, he does have tools to be a defensive player, maybe more.

IDK why people talk about Bruno Caboclo the way they do. That kid is a legit NBA talent, The Raptors are a competitive team and never played him unless it was garbage time...

I watch the Kings... He grabs spec-****ing-tacular offensive rebounds. He's got some shooting touch, he's seriously got excellent potential as a shot blocker.

The Kings liked Malachi Richardson.. and thats who they swapped him for. I fully expect the Kings to sign him or match whatever offer and he'll have a full summer to prep for a big season next year...

Isaac Bonga is not Bruno Caboclo, both raw indeed but their not really similar, what Bonga does at 6'10" is something u can't teach with the ball, his entire draft stock revolves around his ability to handle the ball.

Caboclo on the other hand, is just as I called it around that draft, on his way to transitioning to PF.... U just look at his frame, I can't see him on the wing when he hits his mid-late 20's, His frame is literally bigger than most NBA C's.

Is Brandon McCoy from UNLV a better player than Tony Bradley? He's slightly taller and has more offensive and defensive prowess if you will. But Bradley has been playing in a much tougher competition at UNC though during his freshman year.

Is Brandon McCoy from UNLV a better player than Tony Bradley? He's slightly taller and has more offensive and defensive prowess if you will. But Bradley has been playing in a much tougher competition at UNC though during his freshman year.

No. McCoy's appeal/stock all hinges on his offense, which is quite good, think somewhere between Andray Blatche and Brook Lopez, he's on that spectrum... Tony Bradley has a much more well-rounded game, he's got a real chance at being a two-way player, better on the glass and better blocking shots - especially if he's grown an inch which appears to be the case.

McCoy could gain some momentum late in the process. He doesn't have long arms, which hurts him on the boards and blocking shots. He could really perform well in the offensive drills though, there is minor traces of Trey Lyles to his game IMO. true-7footer too.

I have seen Brandon McCoy thoroughly work DeAndre Ayton and give him fits defensively, theres gotta be some youtube vids of it.. Just wanna throw that out there. They were teammates at one point in AAU too and would play together.

McCoy has good moves he's got good touch He's a really good kid too, he'll pass all the character and psych evals with flying colors, positive kid thats always got a smile. I know someone who's got a son thats one of the top ranked kids in California for his age group and he's said McCoy went far beyond the call of duty in talking with him and giving the youngin some pointers.

Last edited:
There's a funny rumor that Silvio De Sousa was paid to go to Maryland(presumably by Under Armor) and then Adidas came in and paid for him to go to Kansas..

Kansas, North Carolina State newly mentioned in NCAA case

NEW YORK – Kansas and North Carolina State are the latest schools to be swept up in a bribery scandal involving college basketball.

A rewritten federal indictment released Tuesday in New York alleges that an Adidas officials paid parents of athletes willing to commit to the schools.

Prosecutors say an Adidas representative agreed to pay $90,000 to the family of a Kansas recruit and $40,000 to a recruit at North Carolina State.

Prosecutors say money helped secure the players’ commitments to play college basketball at the schools and ensured the North Carolina State recruit signed an Adidas sponsorship deal when he entered the NBA. He entered the draft last June.

In the Kansas case, the student-athlete made a surprise announcement last August to attend the school.

Students in question MUST be Dennis Smith Jr at NC State, and Silvio de Sousa at Kansas.

@DanWetzel
Federal prosecutors have filed additional counts against ex-Adidas rep Jim Gatto in college basketball fraud scandal. Involves payments to the families of former players at Louisville, Miami, Kansas and N.C. State

Larranaga got an extension today! figures..

Wow, didn't realize Portsmith started yesterday. Not sure it is even relevant any more.

April 11-14
Portsmouth Invitational Tournament (Portsmouth, VA)