What's new

Following Potential 2019 Draftees

New Rivals 2018 list! E.J. Montgomery (the 2nd player in this class mentioned on JF) makes a return to the top 10! He's already committed to Auburn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6673bWj890&

Louis King at #35 is an outrageous oversight.. Super obvious 5-star talent..

Them only giving out 19 5-stars is crazy too lots of those top 4-stars are worthy.. Keldon Johnson, Ayo Dosunmu, Elijah Weaver, Emmanuel Akot, Jaylen Hoard, Jalen Smith, Quentin Grimes and Courtney Ramey to name a few..

Check out this block from Zion Williamson - How many oversized wings since LeBron have been even close to this kind of athletic?? Thats a really good question.. https://www.instagram.com/p/BPNtjI5DNr3/

I first saw him a while back, lets just say back when he had like a handful of youtube videos not 1000. One of the blocks I saw really had me convinced about his athletic grade, moreso than any dunk. (I was thinking he's gotta have a 9' standing reach to do what he just did)

Wasatch Academy's Emmanuel Akot is a 5-star prospect. Any service that says otherwise will change their mind. HEre's rivals (who's got him at 4-stars) latest report

His day: A top-30 prospect that is angling hard for five-star status, Emmanuel Akot ended things on a strong note. Finishing with 19 points, four rebounds and four assists, the Canadian's upside and versatility -- particularly his ability to create offense inside and out -- creates for one special junior target.

Who is involved: Louisville, Arizona, Utah and Oregon.

Quote: “Right now I have the Utah and Arizona visits pretty much being set right now. Oregon and Louisville we are trying to set those up now. There is no timetable but when I feel comfortable to make a decision, I will."

Prediction: While visits dates are still being set up, look for all four official trips to be taken in the spring and a commitment to occur shortly after. It does seem that Utah and Arizona are out in front of the pack in the pursuit of the high upside junior.

-- Evans

Bagley got it done. Great game and showing for him as per usual, he's blazing fast for 6'11. Clearly the best prospect in HS

“When your favorite rapper wears your jersey,” Williamson told USA TODAY Sports. “The feeling is sensational.”

Williamson, who is ranked No. 3 overall in the ESPN 60, has taken the country by storm this season using his 6-foot-8 inch, 230-pound frame and 46-inch vertical to rock the rims on power dunks that go viral seemingly weekly.

Williamson said Drake began following him on Instagram a couple of months ago.

“That was big,” Williamson said. “I couldn’t believe it.”

https://usatodayhss.com/2017/zion-williamsons-no-1-fan-drake-sports-his-high-school-jersey

This 2019 draft is gonna have an obscene amount of hype attached.. Zion's gonna reach folk hero status before he plays a game in college...

I spotted him pretty early and posted him here at-least as far back as 2 summer ago (I did a list of the top 100 amateur prospects in the world and he was on it back then...) I remember him being ranked in the 20's (most services didn't have him ranked at that point)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV5Qkd5Qy1c&feature=youtu.be

Reading the title of this vid you might not realize he's also the best shooting PG in this class too.

5882d338a5d76.image.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcwvWCKHOxY

I'll take Romeo Langford over Josh Jackson. He's better at the same stage IMO.

I've heard lately that this draft(HS class of 2018's Freshman to-be) is supposed to be top-heavy but not deep like the 2020 draft could be.. I've certainly seen evidence of that looking thru the PG crop.

There's also some supremely talented kids that have surfaced (HS c/o 2019) and been battle tested, which seems to have swayed the balance.

I've seen some say 2020 will be the best one since 2017

This thread almost a full year without a Bump. I'll clean some old false comments up shortly.

Cam Reddish is now the favorite to go #1, i'd say 70 / 30 split with Bol Bol.

It's hilarious that I got so much **** for posting about Bagley on the first page of this thread when I did, and now he's in the 2018 draft pool... one of the punchlines is his age, there is a common methodology with some of these 5-stars and if u don't watch for it year over year these things fly over heads..

Last edited:
Wasatch Academy's Emmanuel Akot is a 5-star prospect. Any service that says otherwise will change their mind. HEre's rivals (who's got him at 4-stars) latest report

Wasatch Academy has another prospect to watch, 6'7" SF(7'1" wingspan), Canadian-born, Tyrese Samuel. He's technically in the HS class of 2019, but will likely re-class up to 2018. He had a monster showing infront of Dennis Lindsey and tons of NBA personnel at the recent BWB camp.

Lemme log a prediction for a west-coast-sleeper, former 3-star recruit(as per rivals) Darius McNeill, currently a freshman at Cal.

Texas kid. He's a 6'2" PG, took over 5 3's a game for them this season. Lefty. He's gonna blow up next season for sure.

Temple's Quinten Rose, NMSU's Makauch Malauch,UVA's De'Andre Hunter, Villanova's Omari Spellman, UCLA's JAylen Hands, UT's Jericho Sims, Stanford's Kezie Okpala, ISU's Lindell Wigginton, MSU's Nick Weatherspoon, SU's O'Shae Brissett and Maryland's Bruno Fernando are some key freshman, probable returnee's that are fitting to blow up as sophomores. I'll add to this list later.

Ok so by-far the biggest magnitude news for this draft of late is the reclassification of 5-star 6'4" PG Ashton Hagans, who plays the game with extreme intensity. He is talented enough to go 1-and-done in the first round, he truly plays a relentless brand of ball..

There is also rumor of another 6'4" 5-star guard, by the name of Jalen Lecque, reclassifying up from 2019 to 2018.

and Lecque is an off-the-charts level athlete, with extreme defensive potential.... He is like a young John Wall attacking the rack levels of explosion.. He is far more impressive than a hyper athlete such as Hamidou Diallo, this kids game, given steady progress, will end up less gimmicky.

LMAO.. The 2019 mock I posted here in december of 2016 still looks pretty damn good for the most part!! there's a few big errors as to be expected but still..

Quentin Grimes is like the 10th ranked in this class, and IMO underrated, he's not to be discounted as a one-and-done. He's gonna step right in at Kansas and people are gonna be shocked at how easy he'll make it look. Self has held many freshman back, not this kid tho, he's a starter on every team in the country type good...

Not some crazy wingspan. He's got legit combo skills though he's more of a scorer. Definitely a flamethrower, he's 6'5". Used to be one of those guards u'd look at him and say "is he 6'3"? Is he 6'4?" but then he grew.

Very high skill level. One of my favorite players in the class for sure.