What's new

Following Potential 2019 Draftees

Here's some recent Ayo Dosunmu footage, who for my $$$ is actually the best guard in the class at getting to the rack off the dribble. He is extremely difficult to stay in front of defensively... super slippery and he's 6'4

Best recruit for Illinois in a while.. Since Deron maybe??

Mike DeVoe #47 in the Sr. HS class composite rankings is crazy underrated. 6'4" scoring PG headed to Georgia Tech. Shot is PURE. He's gonna show very well in college. Very sharp game.

Davidson Freshman 6'5" guard Kellan Grady worthy of a mention here...

Born in 1997 tho so he's plenty old for a freshman. No way he's a 4 year player.

37% 3pt shooter on over 5 attempts per game

Simi *****u is sure to be one of my favorite players in college next year. I find it crazy that he's only projected in the late lottery range, he's got top-5 talent.

Ikey Obiagu (from Nigeria) averaged 2.1 blocks in 10 minutes per game as a freshman (not a typo) for FSU. legit 7-footer with a 7'5" wingspan. He's gonna make the league for sure. Idk why the kept dropping him down the HS rankings before they were finalized, he's not skilled but he's unquestionably good at what he does.

This is MAJOR... Darius Bazley has lottery talent.. More kids should do this IMO.. Ilove this move, the kid is a very serious talent too.. He's gonna make a ton of $$$ as a pro..

Legit 6'9", all of these 'new age trends' work in his favor.... Just watch that video... This kid is gonna be real good. Utah will be monitoring this situation CLOSELY.

Really liked Grimes, Little, Johnson(the UK commit), the kid going to Miss State, McCormack, and of course Barrett and Langford.

The Bazley thing is interesting, probably easier to make yourself look good in the dleague than college or overseas,tbh. Smart move.

Through halftime of la lumiere v Findlay prep. Thoroughly unimpressed with Bol Bol. Slow jumper, poor timing, bad hands, doesn't box out, soft offensively, doesnt get good position inside, and just getting his *** kicked by 2019 6'9" junior isaiah stewart.

Last edited:
Through halftime of la lumiere v Findlay prep. Thoroughly unimpressed with Bol Bol. Slow jumper, poor timing, bad hands, doesn't box out, soft offensively, doesnt get good position inside, and just getting his *** kicked by 2019 6'9" junior isaiah stewart.

Bol Bol has very good hand eye coordination, he's got a foundation for an impressive skill level. He'll be fine, Oregon will be dangerous and he'll be a force next season for certain, he runs well, and he's got some feel for offense.

Isaiah Stewart is an impressive NY kid who's been on a major tear since he grew 3" from about 6'5" or 6'6". They are on different timelines. He's got a chance, lunchpail type of big with a meanstreak and some explosiveness, at least a 7'2" wingspan too.

Really liked Grimes, Little, Johnson(the UK commit), the kid going to Miss State, McCormack, and of course Barrett and Langford.

The Bazley thing is interesting, probably easier to make yourself look good in the dleague than college or overseas,tbh. Smart move.

Grimes is very impressive, he is actually a combo guard but will be forced to play the 2 because he's 6'5". Gets NBA style buckets, will likely have an extremely smooth transition into the starting lineup for Kansas.

Keldon Johnson for UK is a two-way stud!!!! He's like Latrell Spreewell.

Reggie Perry for Mississippi state is a lot of fun to watch. 6'9" forward with a ton of tricks up his sleeve and he's a true scorer.

a friend who's Croatian (and still has family in Zagreb) is keen on this young guy - Luka Samanic - almost 19 yr old, his father played in the European leagues.
http://www.basketuniverso.it/luka-samanic-scouting-report-about-the-rising-croatian-prospect/

playing for Barcelona - even though his team lost the championship game, he was named MVP of the tournament

I'm a fan. I think he might be a decent sleeper candidate if he's not gonna get due respect on these projections.. The kid is very young has a very nice base to build on and he's quite skilled already. Seems to be somewhere in the lotter to top-20 range IMO, which is more credit than some are gonna give him..

I think at this point what the biggest question with in this 2019 draft is; Which big guys are gonna be in the lottery? With the way the rookie scale increases it'd be funny if Wendell Carter gambled on himself to go from like 7th in the 2018 draft to being the first big off the board in 2019, it might pay off, except i don't really like that sort of thing and never subscribe to it because you're also delaying free agency and a bigger payday down the line, which carter will certainly be eligible for..

5-star kids E.J. Montgomery(6'10 Point-forward) and Ashton Hagans(6'4" PG) commit to UK. Bigtime pulls, this is "We don't recruit, we re-load"

Keep an eye on Kevin Porter Jr. USC commit. He seems next in line from a long list of NBA guards from Washington. 6'5" swingman lefty. Good player. He made the right choice to de-commit from UW and go to USC.

Easily one of the best wings in HS right now.

Romeo Langford would be an absolutely perfect complement to D. Mitchell. I'm certain of it, he'd add another big scoring punch... They'll list him at SG but he's really a Combo Guard with a Swingman build. Langford and Mitchell would be a viable backcourt and you could even switch Langford to SF to put a PG next to em.

They'd have to trade up. Quentin Grimes could be in a similar situation he's not as big as Langford though.

They have him ranked something like 5th or 6th but I still swear that Romeo Langford is one of the best SG prospects I've ever seen.... Utah would need to trade up, and a lot for him... It could pay off bigtime though...

Trust me, teams would not wanna see Utah if they had Langford. He'd be worth giving up future assets for. Pay the premium!

This is one of the premier SG's of this decade... and possibly any decade.... We wont see a SG quite like him til the 2020's (Terrence Clarke)....

Patrick Ewing just landed his greatest recruit, James Akinjo is a certified dog, and thoroughly entertaining. big time 4-star PG with pro talent for sure.. Omer Yertsuven will sit out next year but he's transferring in. The Hoyas just caught a huge wave of momentum.