What's new

Following Potential Draftees - 2019 (not kidding)

Yeah, I think Washington is a top 14 player in the draft. For sure better than Hachimura.

I will trust you there. Seems like there are some interesting players around where we are drafting... though some of the guys I will end up liking will move up through the process.

Is this draft weak because the mid lotto through teens is weaker than normal. Seems like late first looks as hit and miss as ever.

I will trust you there. Seems like there are some interesting players around where we are drafting... though some of the guys I will end up liking will move up through the process.

Is this draft weak because the mid lotto through teens is weaker than normal. Seems like late first looks as hit and miss as ever.
When people say weak, they typically mean top end talent, so a lot of meh guys go high. That's very much true this year.

Closest PG comp is Reddish. Cam has a ton of improving to do but if he can figure out how to play basketball and continue to improve (and he is improving) he'll basically be the same player at his ceiling.

PG wasn't that highly regarded coming out of college at Fresno State. He had great measurables and two-way potential, but was inconsistent.

Outside of Zion I haven't watched much college basketball...

So looking at dudes projected where we will draft... PJ Washington kinda caught my eye as maybe a stretch 4 type... Is he good at basketball?

PJ Washington is okay. He shoots okay, rebounds okay, defends pretty well, plays pretty hard, can handle a bit. He doesn't seem to be elite at anything that makes him stand out. His measurables are okay, not elite. If he could develop as a playmaker, that would be his best case, imo.

The guy to compare him against, imo, is Grant Williams at Tennessee. Williams has more motor, more mojo, and is just better in general. Tennessee plays UK this weekend, so Washington and Williams should matchup some head to head.

PJ Washington is okay. He shoots okay, rebounds okay, defends pretty well, plays pretty hard, can handle a bit. He doesn't seem to be elite at anything that makes him stand out. His measurables are okay, not elite. If he could develop as a playmaker, that would be his best case, imo.

The guy to compare him against, imo, is Grant Williams at Tennessee. Williams has more motor, more mojo, and is just better in general. Tennessee plays UK this weekend, so Washington and Williams should matchup some head to head.

PJ has a 7'3 wingspan. What you smoking going on about no elite measurables.

He's improved tremendously this year.

I literally only watched highlights, but like that he finishes with both hands... didn't have an obvious red flag. I'm intrigued and we could certainly use a guy like that.

The Williams guy seems good too... just a lot of post stuff and I'm not sure he gets that in NBA.

I had heard the "weak" draft stuff and was prepared to be underwhelmed by what could be around... there's a few dudes that I could get excited about.

Louis King at Oregon is gaining confidence after starting slow this season, recovering from a knee injury last year. Like Okpala, he can handle with a tight dribble and change directions. He finishes inside with touch and has the makings of a decent jumper. He has good size at 6'9" and has the potential to be explosive as he gains strength. I think he's in play in the 18 - 25 range if he comes out this year. I like him more than Kris Wilkes at UCLA.

Louis King at Oregon is gaining confidence after starting slow this season, recovering from a knee injury last year. Like Okpala, he can handle with a tight dribble and change directions. He finishes inside with touch and has the makings of a decent jumper. He has good size at 6'9" and has the potential to be explosive as he gains strength. I think he's in play in the 18 - 25 range if he comes out this year. I like him more than Kris Wilkes at UCLA.

Well yeah, Kris Wilkes is garbage.

Ja Morant tries to draw fouls too much. That's not going to work in the NBA. Your name isn't James Harden young gun, you prob aren't going to get those calls.

Ja Morant tries to draw fouls too much. That's not going to work in the NBA. Your name isn't James Harden young gun, you prob aren't going to get those calls.
Yeah, drawing fouls only works for James Harden. No one else draws fouls.

Yeah, drawing fouls only works for James Harden. No one else draws fouls.

Smh, yeah because that's what I said. All I'm saying is that the Harden-esque attempts to draw fouls might not work for him a lot in the NBA. Unless you're a star you aren't likely to get those calls in the NBA. Also, it's not a bad thing that he tries to draw fouls. It's the frequency that he tries to do it that could be an issue imo. Often he has a good look and could just score but he makes an exaggerated effort to draw the foul instead which results in missed shots or turnovers if he doesn't get the call.

Last edited:
A couple of Mock Drafts show lots of movement...

# / ESPN / NBA Draftroom

1 Zion Williamson / Zion Willamson
2 RJ Barrett / Ja Morant
3 Ja Morant / Cam Reddish
4 Cam Reddish / RJ Barrett

Consensus top 4: Williamson, Morant, Barrett, Reddish

5 Romeo Langford / Kezie Okpala
6 Darius Garland / Nickeil Alexander-Walker
7 Nassir Little / Keldon Johnson
8 Jarrett Culver / Jaxson Hayes
9 De'Andre Hunter / Rui Hachimura
10 Sekou Doumbouya / De'Andre Hunter

Not much consensus in the 5 - 10 range, other than Hunter and likely Culver and Hayes.

11 Jaxson Hayes / Jarrett Culver
12 Keldon Johnson / Darius Garland
13 Bol Bol / Coby White
14 Rui Hachimura / Sekou Doumbouya

Consensus lottery picks include: Hayes, Culver, Garland, K. Johnson and Doumbouya.

15 Jontay Porter / Daniel Gafford
16 Nickeil Alexander-Walker / Bol Bol
17 PJ Washington / Nassir Little
18 Kezie Okpala / Kris Wilkes
19 Brandon Clarke / Charles Bassey
20 Kevin Porter / Jontay Porter
21 Talen Horton-Tucker / Brandon Clarke
22 Goga Bitadze / Tre Jones
23 Grant Williams / Kevin Porter
24 Tre Jones / Tyler Herro
25 Coby White / Goga Bitadze

Last edited: