What's new

Following Potential Draftees - 2019 (not kidding)

I don't think there's ever been a poster I would want punched in the face more than PG_AB, and that includes such board standouts such as Dutchjazzer, carolinajazz, and aintnuthin.

I gotta sig this. And a lot of Rust Cohle.

Lol wut? Zion’s ball handling is meh at best. A few times he grabbed the rebound and began to dribble up court. He quickly and wisely decided to pass.

Spot on. People watched one game and a few open court dribbles and thought otherwise. Dude needs to work on his handle and shot.

I do think he’s so physically gifted he’ll be solid from the get go.

To me he’s a more powerful Blake Griffin. Undersized. Nasty dunks. Good rebounder. Okay range/shot but needs work. But again, just way thicker/stronger/powerful.

PJ Washington would be a good pick for utah.

I have a hard time getting excited about PJ Washington. I'd get more excited if he can show he can create and score off the dribble. I'm starting to like Keldon Johnson though. He looks like a legit scoring wing with good size and a nice release off the catch.

Last edited:
PJ with another great game.

Yeah, I'm watching the game now. He's scoring on several post ups with a jump hook over the Vols' 6'6" defenders. He's a good, patient post scorer. He also had a nice, athletic baseline drive. He looks like an NBA athlete with NBA size, he just isn't great on the perimeter or off the bounce.

Keldon Johnson has been drilling 3s with his feet set and is finishing well at the rim.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm watching the game now. He's scoring on several post ups with a jump hook over the Vols' 6'6" defenders. He's a good, patient post scorer. He also had a nice, athletic baseline drive. He looks like an NBA athlete with NBA size, he just isn't great on the perimeter or off the bounce.

Keldon Johnson has been drilling 3s with his feet set and is finishing well at the rim.

Yeah, he's playing Callipari ball.

And I dont agree with what you're saying. He's been great this year as a 2-3 dribble drive threat and he's shooting 43% from 3 on 2.1 attempts per game (not a big sample, but not super tiny like 1 per game). His issue is that he isn't an explosive athlete. He's more of a finesse athlete.

He's probably going to be a Patrick Patterson type in the NBA but with w/ a hopefully healthier career and longer body.

second round sleeper. Matt Morgan of Cornell- the elephant in the room obviously is the level of competition, but outside of Zion, he's probably having the best shooting/scoring season in college basketball this year and probably one of the best in the last 15 years. Morgan is averaging 24 ppg on a TS% of 69%. Shoots 52% FGs and 45% 3pt on 8 attempts per. Those shooting/scoring numbers are pretty much unheard of in D1 basketball regardless of conference.

@Saint Cy of JFC

Please provide your current top 35 big board. Much obliged. I want to know who to really start watching...I'm thinking 3/4 combos mostly as well as 1's.

Also, any chance your boy Evans ever gets any burn next year for the Dubs?

I have a hard time getting excited about PJ Washington. I'd get more excited if he can show he can create and score off the dribble. I'm starting to like Keldon Johnson though. He looks like a legit scoring wing with good size and a nice release off the catch.
Jo
Johnson reminds men of Stanley Johnson and wasley johnson from syracuse.

Yeah, he's playing Callipari ball.

And I dont agree with what you're saying. He's been great this year as a 2-3 dribble drive threat and he's shooting 43% from 3 on 2.1 attempts per game (not a big sample, but not super tiny like 1 per game). His issue is that he isn't an explosive athlete. He's more of a finesse athlete.

He's probably going to be a Patrick Patterson type in the NBA but with w/ a hopefully healthier career and longer body.

there games are nothing alike

Johnson reminds men of Stanley Johnson and wasley johnson from syracuse.
i can maybe see wes because he was known somewhat as a shooter coming out. but Keldon Johnson is a shooter - that is his NBA skill at this point - where stanley was just a brute athlete who couldn't shoot.

as a prospect, i don't really know what to think of Keldon. not sure he's a great athlete - at this point i see him as a shooter without much else, and i'm not convinced he can do it from NBA range - though that may be entirely unfair.

i can maybe see wes because he was known somewhat as a shooter coming out. but Keldon Johnson is a shooter - that is his NBA skill at this point - where stanley was just a brute athlete who couldn't shoot.

as a prospect, i don't really know what to think of Keldon. not sure he's a great athlete - at this point i see him as a shooter without much else, and i'm not convinced he can do it from NBA range - though that may be entirely unfair.

I think Keldon Johnson will be an effective 2/3 wing. I don't see him as a star, but a solid 2-way player who can guard 2 - 3 positions. He's got good size with the potential to grow another inch and add to his 6'9" wingspan. He's a good shooter with a high, compact shooting stroke that's consistent when he gets his feet squared up. He finishes well at the rim and has some touch with a floater out to about 8 feet.

I'm trying to think who he compares well to, but I think he'll be better than Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and better than Allen Crabbe. If things go well for him, he might be comparable to Devin Booker, but with better defense. I'd rate him maybe just a notch behind Culver from Texas Tech, but I think Johnson is a slightly more explosive athlete and better defender than Culver. Johnson is more catch-and-shoot, while Culver can create better off the bounce.

I think Keldon Johnson will be an effective 2/3 wing. I don't see him as a star, but a solid 2-way player who can guard 2 - 3 positions. He's got good size with the potential to grow another inch and add to his 6'9" wingspan. He's a good shooter with a high, compact shooting stroke that's consistent when he gets his feet squared up. He finishes well at the rim and has some touch with a floater out to about 8 feet.

I'm trying to think who he compares well to, but I think he'll be better than Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and better than Allen Crabbe. If things go well for him, he might be comparable to Devin Booker, but with better defense. I'd rate him maybe just a notch behind Culver from Texas Tech, but I think Johnson is a slightly more explosive athlete and better defender than Culver. Johnson is more catch-and-shoot, while Culver can create better off the bounce.
i like just about everything about culver. he's about as complete a player as there is in the draft, but there is something about his shooting stroke that i kinda hate, and as such, i'm not sure i trust him as a shooter at the next level. at the beginning of the season i questioned myself there because as much as i didn't like his mechanics, they were going in - maybe the eye test was simply wrong. now, his 3pt is all the way down to 34% and it is a valid concern imo. doesn't mean he can't become a very good player, just that i would have reservations if i were drafting top 10 which is where everybody seems to have him at this point.

for a guy who's not the greatest run/jump athlete, he needs to be able shoot the three effectively. similar to romeo langford from that standpoint, imo - langford at this point is a flat out atrocious shooter. there is a lot to like about both, but you are rolling the dice that they can figure out the shooting - because neither has great length or explosive athleticism. they have to be able to shoot it.