What's new

Game 14: Jazz @ Mavericks 6:30 MT

This may be one of the most embarrassing losses in Jazz history. Did the team quit? Is everything not ok in Jazz nation? How do you lose by 50 pts to a team you beat twice? 22 pts in a half? What the heck is going on?

Jae and Ricky have made a combined 11 out of 61 3-pt attempts in the last 5 games. Let that sink in.

This team definitely needs to add more shooting. Ingles is the only really good shooter on the entire roster, everyone is either average or just plain bad.

nAnbBAF.jpg

That is hard to do

Honestly, I'd rather see them get embarrassed like this than to have a run of the mill 20 point loss. Maybe they'll be shamed into growing some pride and bounce back.

This may be one of the most embarrassing losses in Jazz history. Did the team quit? Is everything not ok in Jazz nation? How do you lose by 50 pts to a team you beat twice? 22 pts in a half? What the heck is going on?
My exact thoughts and questions. Except I'm in Europe so I woke up to learn this via ESPN breaking news notification. You guys watching the game got there slowly but I absorbed the whole shock at once.

Not worried about it at all. **** happens. Hell, our best team ever with Stockton and Malone lost 96-54 in the NBA Finals. 54 points.

It happens. And sure that was against one of the best teams ever and this was the lowly Mavs, but we’d played them twice recently (familiarity) and once **** snowballed to 20-25 points, we just lost any focus and didn’t gaf.

How can you get assist if no one is making shots?

Burks was much worse than Rubio on offense tonight.

Well ya, the defense actually guards burks.

And even that is arguable. Burks shot a better percentage (and was actually guarded on his shots) than ricky and had a better assist to turnover ratio.

Last edited:
This one wasn’t on Ricky... I mean he struggled noticeably and there are clear confidence issues.

This was a collective team effort to poop the bed... everyone pitched in.

I dont think anyone thinks we lost because of ricky. You dont lose by 50 cause of one guy.
I do think that ricky kills our offense in most games due to how he is defended (he isnt) and how does with his lack of being defended.

Last edited:
Not anymore garbage than others. He stunk less even. You can't single him out this game and make a point. Our offense goes to **** when he is not on the court. He may not be making shots right now but at least he can consistenly break into the paint and make plays.

Other guys cant get open looks with ricky on the court cause the defense can stay with their man and can even double team dudes and not have to worry about ricky hurting them. The defense wants ricky to shoot.

I thought the four game losing streak with Toronto pounding us on the fourth game would be the wake up call of the season, this game will be more defining.

Everyone will say forget about it and move on, but this has got to get into the players minds.

Mitchell played with emotion and energy last season and energized his teamates. Not so this year. His stats are similar (except his 3pt percentage is lower) but he has looked rather pedestrian. Jazz try to use him in iso ball and he hasnt looked dominate doing it. I think he is still hurt .
If he has a switch to a higher level like we all hope now would be a great time to flip it.

I dont think anyone thinks we lost because of ricky. You dont lose by 50 cause of one guy.
I do think that ricky kills our offense in most games due to how he is defended (he isnt) and how does with his lack of being defended.

Yeah I’m right there with you... just this particular game can’t be blamed on one person. Ricky has been bad... DM has been inconsistent. I think we need another guy that can hit for 20-30 more consistently and needs attention... not a guy they can play off of and rarely makes the defense pay for it.