Game 5, 11/5/14: Cleveland Cavs at Utah Jazz, 7 pm

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night
that tonight's gonna be a good night
that tonight's gonna be a good good night

wooh hoo
wooh hoo
wooh hoo
wooh hoo

Blatt is both very lucky and unlucky. He's lucky because he became the first Euro coach in the NBA and he has two superstars(one is the best on the planet) on his team.

He's unlucky because, if can be successful people will say that he had Lebron and Love. But if he can't be successful, people will say that he couldn't succeed despite having two superstars.

Can we sign Sundiata Gaines to a 1-game contract?

This is a big game for the new-look Jazz. Sure the Cavs come in 1-2, but everyone is following them. A win for Utah puts the league on notice the Jazz are not 25-win pushovers.

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night
that tonight's gonna be a good night
that tonight's gonna be a good good night

wooh hoo
wooh hoo
wooh hoo
wooh hoo

You've been listening to your kids' CDs again I see.....

I thought we would switch it up a bit since it didn't work last game (clippers)

I said we would get beat badly on page one, then I thought you would come along and bet me that we would win.

Reverse double triple jinx!!

Dammit mane. I didn't see.

66158ae561c42e799c72cfbac9ec55ab.jpg

Interesting tidbits from Cleveland's writer Sam Amico (not to be confused with Sam Amick):

1. It may be Will Cherry Time in Cleveland (well, Utah). That's because Dellavedova injured his knee late in Tuesday's loss at Portland. The injury doesn't sound serious, but the Cavs are still evaluating it.

2. Delly has been a key piece of the rotation, backing up starting point guard Kyrie Irving. For the most part, Dellavedova has performed his role well. The second-year guard closed the Cavs' overtime win at Chicago last weekend, and played most of the fourth quarter vs. the Blazers. Both times, he subbed in for Waiters and finished the game.

3. This is already the Cavs' second two-games-in-two-nights set of the season. Last time, they played lousy on the first night and won the second. For whatever that is worth. (Hint: Not much.)

4. Jazz coach Quin Snyder was one of my first heroes as a player. As a high schooler, he was a 4.0 student from Mercer Island, Wash., who dunked with ease. He was 6-foot-1, 150 pounds and a pogo stick with the ball. He then played for Duke University, where he was roommates with former Cavs (and current Hawks) general manager Danny Ferry.

5. I wrote Snyder a letter during his freshman year at Duke. I was still a player in high school, and told him I tried to model my game after his. He wrote back, and we exchanged several letters. I mostly remember how he sent everything back on Duke stationary, and once mailed a Blue Devils bumper sticker, a Blue Devils pin, and a few other Duke-related items.

6. Since then, I've fallen out of touch with Snyder but have followed his career closely. He's coached tons of places, including a stint as the head coach at the University of Missouri, assistant coach with Mike Brown and the Lakers, and an assistant coach with the Mike Budenholzer and the Hawks last season.

7. So there you have it: My quick Snyder story. Although I'm not sure how quick that was.

8. The Jazz are a young team with talent, but the key word there is "young." It would be their championship to beat this stacked Cavs team. The Cavs had better be cognizant of that.