What's new

Game Thread: Chicago Bulls @ Utah Jazz, 11/24/2014, 7pm MST

I am not here to say to you that there is a secret gene called clutch gene and it is protected and bred by a Masonic underground organization. But there is an obvious separation between some players who are at an higher level than the most in ending games which is a talent risen from a psycho-biological mechanism they seem to have unlocked in their beings. I believe in human body being a miracle of God and I believe that there are a lot of undiscovered perks in it, yet to be unfolded. But maybe that is just me being dumb.

The flying spaghetti monster has embraced you with the warmth of his noodly appendages.

Butler shut Gordon down and scored 21 points. Ouch.

So basically Butler's on ball defense negated Gordon's talents as a secondary ballhandler and closed driving lanes?

And Dunleavy's off ball positioning stopped Burks from getting a step ahead of the defense on side to side action?

What's this clutch debate? I haven't read the whole thread.

It's splitting hairs as far as I can tell.

a) No clutch gene, some ppl dont show nerves and their performance stays the same as in the previous 45 min = stay equal

b) When everybody else's performance is dropping, then the guys who can maintain their performance are definately clutch because they're better than most guys.

Reactions: ema
I don't think there is a "clutch" gene but there's obviously players that play better than others when the game is tight.

Trey Burke is a career 37.7% shooter and 32.3% 3-point shooter.

In a one-score game with 2 minutes left, Trey shoots 44% and 50% from 3. Small sample size.

Different question: What were Chicago's defensive wing assignments? Butler on Gordon, Dunleavy on Burks?

Disadvantage of TeamUSA for Hayward. Tibs took Hayward out of the game.

Most players do not stick to someones jock when they were on the perimeter. Butler was in Hayward's "B&lls" all night.

This opened the floor for others and they did great. As locke pointed out, bizarre that Haywards stats were awful, yet he had the best +/- on the night. (+5).
His presence helped a lot.

I just do not like the flow with Hayward. Coming out of the 1st and 3rd after only playing 5-6 minutes , IMO, does not generate even a sweat. Hard to get going.

His minutes are down this year 2-3 mins a game as well. Heck , he is 24 years old, he can play.

I called both last plays before hand (Favors or Kanter jump shot missed , and Hayward 3.

I liked both plays, in the NBA it ALWAYS comes down to made shots.....

Fun game...

Burke played like a stud.

Only to make a stupid behind the back pass that may have cost the Jazz the game. You don't make plays like that with the game on the line. That was one thing about Stockton he always made the right pass at the right time, and Jerry made sure of that as well.

A player with slightly below average reflexes secures that with little problem.

Jimmy Butler was halfway down the court before Kanter even realized the pass occurred.

It was a terrible pass and certainly not the right pass at such a crucial juncture. Trey Burke is not Bob Cousy, nor is Kanter, Sam Jones.

Sure. Players don't get better in the clutch.

Diamond77 wants Kanter to take the last shot to find out if he has the superpower of clutchness. Well, that's dumb as ****. Kanter sucks. He's not going to suddenly stop sucking because it's the last minute of a game. That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works.

It is clear that you are trying to cover your a** because you said bull****!

Probably if Kanter had taken the last 2-3 shots of the game, we would have won yesterday! His offense his underrated! Let Hayward and Burke playing hero-ball all the time...then we will see how many close games we will win.

Last edited:
Only to make a stupid behind the back pass that may have cost the Jazz the game. You don't make plays like that with the game on the line. That was one thing about Stockton he always made the right pass at the right time, and Jerry made sure of that as well.

Yeah Stockton was all of these things in his 2nd year of the NBA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All
It is clear that you are trying to cover your a** because you said bull****!

Probably if Kanter had taken the last 2-3 shots of the game, we would have won yesterday! His offense his underrated! Let Hayward and Burke playing hero-ball all the time...then we will see how many close games we will win.

All of this is why you are one of the most annoying commenters on this board.

Guys, it's a bummer that Burke doesn't play like one of the best PGs ever in his prime.

Not sure why Favors didn't drop 30 and 15. Also, why wasn't Kanter playing like Sabonis? Busts, all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think your memory is fading or your homerism is keeping you from being objective. There were plenty of times that Stockton made the wrong pass or turned over the ball. As great as John was he wasn't perfect, and you never lose a game on one play. Considering how poorly Hayward played, I would say his bad game had more to do with the Jazz losing than Trey's dumb mistake.