What's new

Game Thread: Chicago Bulls @ Utah Jazz, 11/24/2014, 7pm MST

I liked Burke's idea to give Kanter a spot up look. His execution was sloppy though.

Last edited:
Whether or not Stockton did this or that is inconsequential. It was a stupid pass at the wrong time. You need to take care of the ball and this is why the Jazz aren't able to close out games.

I've followed the Jazz closely since 1995 and I can remember interviews with Jerry and Stockton about making the right pass and not the fancy pass. In those closeouts situations you have to eliminate the margin of error. Behind the back passes to Kanter are a disaster waiting to happen, especially when you don't deliver it perfectly and he doesn't expect it.

Whether or not Stockton did this or that is inconsequential. It was a stupid pass at the wrong time. You need to take care of the ball and this is why the Jazz aren't able to close out games.

I've followed the Jazz closely since 1995 and I can remember interviews with Jerry and Stockton about making the right pass and not the fancy pass. In those closeouts situations you have to eliminate the margin of error. Behind the back passes to Kanter are a disaster waiting to happen, especially when you don't deliver it perfectly and he doesn't expect it.

it's 2014. that pass ain't even considered a fancy pass.

its called growing pains.

relax.

Im just happy that they fought back. Showing fighting spirit was huge for me as a fan.

clutch

1. maintain temperature - keeps cool under pressure. body temperature doesn't rise. you ain't 'scared'. you don't get nervous about things. your hands don't shake. you don't stutter. you don't worry.

2. wants the moment - they don't shy away from the moment. they embrace it. this is their time to 'shine'. they are not fine when someone else takes that last shot.

3. be themselves - doesn't change their game. they do what they are programmed to do. it's just like a practice.

4. thick skin - they forget and move on. shoot a brick at the buzzer? it's ok. they'll make another one next time.

i believe in clutch. some dudes have it. i've played hoop with many guys in my life. there were some dudes who want that last shot. some don't. you gotta want it. and you gotta have a thick skin.

So I watched the game last night and then read this thread in it and I would just like to say that the kanter haters are loosing credibility by the game. They blame him for everything and it is just getting ridiculous. We lose its kanter's fault. Burke throws a blind pass to a big man that hits in the shin bone, kanter's fault. Guards play sucky defense, kanter's fault.

I have only one comment from last night's game. Wow! That was fun to watch. The jazz are fun to watch again.

it's 2014. that pass ain't even considered a fancy pass.

Fancy or not, it's prone to error, and that's the point. When the game is on the line you need to take care of the ball ... stop making excuses for a terrible pass that probably cost the Jazz the game. You guys wouldn't make very good coaches.

So I watched the game last night and then read this thread in it and I would just like to say that the kanter haters are loosing credibility by the game. They blame him for everything and it is just getting ridiculous. We lose its kanter's fault. Burke throws a blind pass to a big man that hits in the shin bone, kanter's fault. Guards play sucky defense, kanter's fault.

I have only one comment from last night's game. Wow! That was fun to watch. The jazz are fun to watch again.

I whole heartedly agree with this. What a fun game. Yes the Jazz lost, but last year the team would have quite after getting down by 21. What an impressive fight.

Now if Alec could wake the **** up and play some ball it would be one hell of a pleasent surprise.

Trey was terrific yesterday! If he plays like this I don't have a problem with him at all. Please keep it up!

Derrick was terrific as well. His little FT line jumper is getting better and better.

We have way too many little bitches on this forum. So much whining. It just hurts my eyes and my brain to read some of the posts.

Now if Alec could wake the **** up and play some ball it would be one hell of a pleasent surprise.

Trey was terrific yesterday! If he plays like this I don't have a problem with him at all. Please keep it up!

Derrick was terrific as well. His little FT line jumper is getting better and better.

We have way too many little bitches on this forum. So much whining. It just hurts my eyes and my brain to read some of the posts.

Agree. Jazz fought back from 21 down and took the lead against an elite EC team. And don't give me that only 9-5 BS. The Bulls had their main guys back. Only Gibson was out and Brooks/Hinrich is a wash.

Utah is getting plenty of open looks. As Sloan might say, we have plenty of shooters, we just need "makers." And we need to give ourselves a chance every time down the court. Turnovers are killing Utah and spotting opponents points.

Stop bitching about our bitching bitch!! Seriously?!?!?! Bitching about bitching??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't say it wasn't a bad pass. I was just pointing out that even great players make bad passes, yes even John Stockton.

I was at the game last night. It was a great game with a lot of emotion. It's obvious that this team is highly influenced by confidence. When things aren't going well, they fall apart. However, when a couple things start going well, then everyone seems to rise to the occasion. It's a shame that they are now 5-10, because this team is a lot better than their record. It's all about consistency; there are too many long stretches of cold shooting that come back to bite them. Oh, and Booker and Ingles were both great pickups; they can bring the nasty.

I am not here to say to you that there is a secret gene called clutch gene and it is protected and bred by a Masonic underground organization. But there is an obvious separation between some players who are at an higher level than the most in ending games which is a talent risen from a psycho-biological mechanism they seem to have unlocked in their beings. I believe in human body being a miracle of God and I believe that there are a lot of undiscovered perks in it, yet to be unfolded. But maybe that is just me being dumb.
as a master mason, I approve this post.
Clutchness gene is actually nothing in comparison to our other secrets.
For example.. (bang)...
-s i l e n c e-

according to some of our resident jazzfanz, it is always a good pass if it is a knee-high pass.