What's new

Game Thread - Jazz @ Spurs 5 PM MTN

He had the splint removed from his index finger on 11/18. I imagine not being able to bend your most important finger was harmful to a point guard.

Might be... I've been playing with a heavily taped ring finger I thought was dislocated, but it was actually broken. Touch around the basket and shooting off the dribble has been the hardest part.

It has just looked better too. His finishing improved last year, but I wasn't sure if it was fluky.

I'm glad that Ricky is playing better but it still drives me nuts that defenses don't respect his shot at all. They sag way off him and dare him to shoot, he's pretty much always wide open. Imagine how much easier things would be for Donovan and Joe on offense if defenses actually had to guard Rubio.

Didn't read much of the thread, but did anyone comment on how the refs seemed to be letting the Spurs push, hack, and foul with impunity?

I'm glad that Ricky is playing better but it still drives me nuts that defenses don't respect his shot at all. They sag way off him and dare him to shoot, he's pretty much always wide open. Imagine how much easier things would be for Donovan and Joe on offense if defenses actually had to guard Rubio.

Take em all day everyday - it's our advantage. Especially with Favors put back ability. If doesn't hit a majority he's not an NBA player, play for that contract dude.

Worse case scenario have guys know they are coming and crash the glass instead of getting back on D the milisecond a shot is put up.

The main thing I want to say about this game is this, either Quin Synder decided he needed some additional hard empirical evidence that running an offense through Royce O'Neale or Jae Crowder is not a good idea, or something went horribly wrong with execution of the game plan. It was not fun watching O'Neale squander opportunity after opportunity for us while he was in the game.

Another thing I noticed, why was it that on any given play, it seemed like it was up to one guy to get the job done? Some plays it was Mitchell, others it was Rubio, Neto, O'Neale, Crowder... It seemed like this game was all about individuals creating opportunities for themselves, and I don't think that's going to work against any half decent team.

Quin's just a moron

At times, it appears so. That game sucked *** to watch. I have no idea what the man's game plan was. It was just awful offense. Rubio and Mitchell getting hot to keep us in it was just luck. But, lol, Exum is a bust! That's why the Jazz lost. His 3 minutes cost us the game!

That's what happens when their defense can pack the paint because the Jazz aren't hitting perimeter shots or making good passing decisions.

It's also what happens when you never develop a post up game and most of your points rely on offensive rebounds or gimme layups from crisp offensive execution. When the Jazz are playing isolation ball, expect Favors to have few points.

It’s almost hilarious how much crap Ball and Fultz receive compared to Exum. He’s a much bigger bust than those two. Exum was the #5 draft pick but still looks lost most of the time on offense.

It’s time to trade him and go with Neto.

Ball and Fultz were not considered high risk picks. Everyone who was paying attention understood Exum was extremely raw and extremely high risk. Add injuries known for ending players' careers and you realize you shouldn't be surprised at all with the outcome.

Ball and Fultz were not considered high risk picks. Everyone who was paying attention understood Exum was extremely raw and extremely high risk. Add injuries known for ending players' careers and you realize you shouldn't be surprised at all with the outcome.
Exum wasn't really considered high risk either. He was considered top 5 in that draft (with a bunch of big names at the top of the draft) by everyone.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Quin is toying with Exum confidence. Only 3 minutes last night after he played very well against the Rockets.
No meritocracy at all.

Exum should stop to be so respectful, he should open his mouth to complain a bit.

Last edited:
Quin is toying with Exum confidence. Only 3 minutes last night after he played very well against the Rockets.
No meritocracy at all.

Exum should stop to be so respectful, he should open his mouth to complain a bit.
When you have the stats he has you can't really do that unless you want everyone to clown you.

When you have the stats he has you can't really do that unless you want everyone to clown you.

He is not getting enough minutes to show off.

Play him 30 minutes for 2-3 games in a row and then let's see what is capable to do.

Quin gives the green light to chuckers like Rubio and Crowder in order to not lose confidence with their shooting abilities but he can't give some trust to young talented players like Burks and Exum to display their game?

Last edited:
He is not getting enough minutes to show off.

Play him 30 minutes for 2-3 games and then let's see what is capable to do.

What the **** is wrong with you? Is the Jazz or Quin running a ****ing charity here? Exum’s gotten three minutes. He’s gotten 15 minutes. He’s gotten 20+ minutes seven times. It doesn’t matter. He has an uncanny ability to suck no matter how much time he gets. So spare us the “he needs time,” line. That’s ****ing weakass, crybaby ******** that dumbass parents say to coaches about their mediocre high school junior sons who they think are better than they are and deserve playing time when I’m actuality they deserve to ride the ****ing pine.

If Exum played better in the time he’s gotten, he’d see more time. Just like plenty of other players who earn their way to meaningful minutes. But he doesn’t play better. Like I said, he has an uncanny ability to consistently blow. Because he sucks.

What the **** is wrong with you? Is the Jazz or Quin running a ****ing charity here? Exum’s gotten three minutes. He’s gotten 15 minutes. He’s gotten 20+ minutes seven times. It doesn’t matter. He has an uncanny ability to suck no matter how much time he gets. So spare us the “he needs time,” line. That’s ****ing weakass, crybaby ******** that dumbass parents say to coaches about their mediocre high school junior sons who they think are better than they are and deserve playing time when I’m actuality they deserve to ride the ****ing pine.

If Exum played better in the time he’s gotten, he’d see more time. Just like plenty of other players who earn their way to meaningful minutes. But he doesn’t play better. Like I said, he has an uncanny ability to consistently blow. Because he sucks.

Rubio sucked for many games this season but he still got his usual minutes and finished the games as usual.
I think you never played sport at some levels in a team. When your coach do not trust you it is not easy to perform, especially in limited minutes.
Sometimes it seems like Quin wants to use Exum as the scapegoat in order to justify some losses.
A good coach would exploit Exum strenghts and he would put him in the position to succeed.

U really have no idea. What bout Donovan this year his efficiency stinks and defence as well and plays 35 mins a night. I agree with 1 thing u and mostly everyone on this forum and that's trade dante. But my reasoning is different I want to see what he's got and be given an opportunity to succeed

Rubio sucked for many games this season but he still got his usual minutes and finished the games as usual.
I think you never played sport at some levels in a team. When a coach do not trust you it is not easy to perform, especially in limited minutes.
It seems that Quin wants to use Exum as the scapegoat in order to justify some losses.
A good coach would exploit Exum's strenghts.
Great view on things. I agree I think mostly all these people have never played basketball or sport at a high level and that just don't understand. Great view on things