What's new

General Conference - Fall 2010

Wait, why did that other thread get closed? Seriously?

Are you kidding? Page 4 was literally one of the dumbest pages in Jazzfanz history. A very good portion of the members on this forum can't form an intelligent point if their life depended on it, yet they choose to participate in discussions like this. Their method of making an intelligent argument is to mock the people that have perfectly valid points.

jewfin.jpg

But, in 50 years, Packer's views and those of his ilk are going to look as absurd as any of the opposition of previous civil rights movements

It's true, and the last person I said this to went completely ape ****. It's like people can't handle that the world changes and acceptance expands as time goes on.

The shining example is seeing how many old people are still racist against black people, when anybody from our generation would say something racist and likely get their *** beaten. Standards change, and this is yet another standard that is inevitably going to change. But, people can't handle that for whatever reason.

It's true, and the last person I said this to went completely ape ****. It's like people can't handle that the world changes and acceptance expands as time goes on.

The shining example is seeing how many old people are still racist against black people, when anybody from our generation would say something racist and likely get their *** beaten. Standards change, and this is yet another standard that is inevitably going to change. But, people can't handle that for whatever reason.

Cracker!....Nope....didn't get my *** beaten.

Are you kidding? Page 4 was literally one of the dumbest pages in Jazzfanz history. A very good portion of the members on this forum can't form an intelligent point if their life depended on it, yet they choose to participate in discussions like this. Their method of making an intelligent argument is to mock the people that have perfectly valid points.

If they're that easy to mock, maybe they're not as valid as you claim. Just a thought.

Here's a pun, your hate is making me Numb.

They publicly oppose gay marriage. They privately promote religious values in a religious venue. You have some anger issues and are more than biased. A little study could do a lot to sooth your frustrations.
What the hell are you talking about? Because I care unequivocally about an individual's rights and their treatment I am biased? Are you sure you even know what that word means or rather, how it should be or is usually applied? And a little study of what could sooth my frustrations? If that was an attempt to proselytize, you are barking up the wrong tree.

Also, you found a way to address absolutely NOTHING I had said. Good job. That's what the quote feature is there for.

Wait, why did that other thread get closed? Seriously?

The homophobic remarks in that thread were getting out of control. Any time people are casually referring to others as "gaywads" "fudgepackers" etc in a completely unproblematic way the discussion is not something that I'm willing to tolerate on these boards.

Merging new thread with the other gay marriage discussion. No reason frankllin's view gets its own thread.

The homophobic remarks in that thread were getting out of control. Any time people are casually referring to others as "gaywads" "fudgepackers" etc in a completely unproblematic way the discussion is not something that I'm willing to tolerate on these boards.

You intolerant prick. Let people live their lives. ****.

Last edited:
Do you seriously think that in 50 years the LDS church will be tolerant of gay sex? I sure as heck don't.

You could be right.

On the oter hand, how many mormons of 70 years ago would have thought there would be priests of al skin colors?

You mean the mark of Cain? God is ever loving and forgiving, except when he's not. Amen.

Don't be an ***. I specified "slippery slope", and "worried".

Yes, and in a context where there has always been a firm, bright line. No church in the USA has ever been forced by the governement to recognize the validitiy of any marriage of which they disapproved. There is no slippery slope here. Your worry is entirely irrational and a response to fear.

Why don't you find the beauty in the solution that has potential to satisfy all?

No such solution exists. There are people that will never be satisifed with less that complete legal indistinguishability between homosexual and heterosexual unions, and those that want to make homosexual acts illegal. You can't satisfy everyone.

Are you really so cynical that you want to hurt and deteriorate the conditions of humanity over this? Who's the real fear-mongerer?

The one who is claiming that gay marriage will somehow "hurt and deteriorate the conditions of humanity", of course.

If they're that easy to mock, maybe they're not as valid as you claim. Just a thought.

Anything can be mocked, regardless of validity.

What the hell are you talking about? Because I care unequivocally about an individual's rights and their treatment I am biased? Are you sure you even know what that word means or rather, how it should be or is usually applied? And a little study of what could sooth my frustrations? If that was an attempt to proselytize, you are barking up the wrong tree.

Also, you found a way to address absolutely NOTHING I had said. Good job. That's what the quote feature is there for.

Did I get this wrong and you really are not anti-Mormon? You have come across as extemely anti-Mormon. Maybe I misread you.

Did I get this wrong and you really are not anti-Mormon? You have come across as extemely anti-Mormon. Maybe I misread you.

Why does that have bearing on what it is that I said? If I was pro-mormon, that makes my points more valid somehow? It's irrelevant, just like your initial attempt to address me by quoting me and not actually addressing anything I had to say.

Yes, and in a context where there has always been a firm, bright line. No church in the USA has ever been forced by the governement to recognize the validitiy of any marriage of which they disapproved. There is no slippery slope here. Your worry is entirely irrational and a response to fear.

You're right, One brow, I did a terrible job responding. Forget all that. Ima doover.

One Brow, being the fundy she is, and married to the same, tired ideas that she just can't move on from, realizing she was out-gunned and had no logical argument, once again resorted to personal attacks and political rhetoric. Amazing, isn't it folks? Yep, you're all fear-mongerers. One Brow pulled that card once again. I know, I can't believe it myself! One Brow includes all of you with any worries or superstitions of power. Yes, this is so logical, you dirty fear mongerers, that let's just crown One Brow king and get it over with. Why not? All of you with any worries are just fear-mongering. Don't you get it?

I'm still waiting for you to refute the idea. I'm purchasing more laughing stock.