What's new

General NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 848
  • Start date
I love Lou, he has been on fire this year. He also hit 7 three pointers this game and nearly outplayed Harden which is tough to do.
Ya, Lou Williams doesnt get enough love. Its kinda weird actually. Might be the most undervalued player in the league. He can just get red hot. Probably one of the best shooters in the league.

Damn, I just realized the Sixers have been on a huge losing streak.

Embiid is so good, but the guy is always missing games either due to rest or actual injury.

Ya, Lou Williams doesnt get enough love. Its kinda weird actually. Might be the most undervalued player in the league. He can just get red hot. Probably one of the best shooters in the league.
I mean, he was traded for a first round pick last year and as part of a Chris Paul package this year. It's not like anyone has given him away.

I mean, he was traded for a first round pick last year and as part of a Chris Paul package this year. It's not like anyone has given him away.

Well, it was a protected first round pick the first time, and why even trade him if he is pretty good? So its its like they were getting rid of him.

The Chris Paul trade he was packaged with Beverley, Dekker, and a first round pick, cash, and some other players as well.. For a guy who was on his last year of his contract, aging, and asking for a trade

But not only that, he just doesnt get a lot of media attention or fan love either. I realize he is not Lebron, but the guy can go off for 30 and even 40+ points prett easily. Usually the only other players doing that are highly paid allstars.

He is definitely undervalued and under appreciated. Im not saying making him an Allstar, but his name should at least come up.

Well, it was a protected first round pick the first time, and why even trade him if he is pretty good? So its its like they were getting rid of him.

The Chris Paul trade he was packaged with Beverley, Dekker, and a first round pick, cash, and some other players as well.. For a guy who was on his last year of his contract, aging, and asking for a trade

But not only that, he just doesnt get a lot of media attention or fan love either. I realize he is not Lebron, but the guy can go off for 30 and even 40+ points prett easily. Usually the only other players doing that are highly paid allstars.

He is definitely undervalued and under appreciated. Im not saying making him an Allstar, but his name should at least come up.
Drake put him in a rap song. He is far from undervalued

Van Gundy and Jackson are pure torture. They ruined the Cavs/Warriors game with their bitching about every little thing. They brought in a former NBA official to make an assessment on a late-game foul and he said no foul, but they still had to argue it was a foul. That's just one example. ESPN sucks.

Van Gundy and Jackson are pure torture. They ruined the Cavs/Warriors game with their bitching about every little thing. They brought in a former NBA official to make an assessment on a late-game foul and he said no foul, but they still had to argue it was a foul. That's just one example. ESPN sucks.

It was a pretty meh game... Curry's out, no Kyrie and IT is still injured... it became a Durant vs LeBron show and that was ruined by the refs at the end.

There's still HOU vs OKC to look forward too though.. no biggie.

Damn, I just realized the Sixers have been on a huge losing streak.

Embiid is so good, but the guy is always missing games either due to rest or actual injury.

Yeah but for what it's worth, it's not like Sixers are doing damage this year already. They are right in wanting to keep Embiid healthy long term. Especially after he's missed so much. If he's reinjured there's no sample size with him being healthy, which is both important for the medical staff and the coaching staff in order to evaluate his situation.

Steve Javie didn't say it wasn't a foul, he said it didn't look like a foul from the perspective of the referees, which is something entirely different. He basically said it was hard to spot or that the positioning of the refs was subpar(It's the ref's job to create angle on the on ball action in order to see what contact takes place).
If you look a few possessions back at Durant's rip through(which is allegedly not getting called any longer because of Kevin Durant using it excessively...) where he was flailing his arms as if he got punched in the stomach, and then see him bump LeBron's hip on a left drive and the next play he reaches across LeBron's body on his crossover and then he comes from behind and hits him on the shoulder/neck mid-air in an attempt to get his hands on the ball. If you think that wasn't a foul maybe MMA might be more for you.

Yeah but for what it's worth, it's not like Sixers are doing damage this year already. They are right in wanting to keep Embiid healthy long term. Especially after he's missed so much. If he's reinjured there's no sample size with him being healthy, which is both important for the medical staff and the coaching staff in order to evaluate his situation.

Steve Javie didn't say it wasn't a foul, he said it didn't look like a foul from the perspective of the referees, which is something entirely different. He basically said it was hard to spot or that the positioning of the refs was subpar(It's the ref's job to create angle on the on ball action in order to see what contact takes place).
If you look a few possessions back at Durant's rip through(which is allegedly not getting called any longer because of Kevin Durant using it excessively...) where he was flailing his arms as if he got punched in the stomach, and then see him bump LeBron's hip on a left drive and the next play he reaches across LeBron's body on his crossover and then he comes from behind and hits him on the shoulder/neck mid-air in an attempt to get his hands on the ball. If you think that wasn't a foul maybe MMA might be more for you.

Javie's comment is in the video below. Not sure where you got your info. And my main point was regarding Van Gundy and Jackson's nonstop bitching during the game. They made some good points, I'll give them that, but it felt like they were more worried about correcting all the wrongs in the NBA than calling a game that was fantastic start to finish.

BTW, the video below makes a compelling case for Durant's block and his reach across Lebron's body not being fouls. The contact on the drive was a foul though, IMO.

Alrite the 2nd possible foul wasn't one because KD hit the ball 1 microsecond before he hit the shoulder. I'd love to see where the other two refs stood, because the one in the background of the proof screen capture had no clean look.
Then it's still up to debate if the contact on the crossover should prompt a ref to blow the whistle and if LeBron already turned the corner on the left drive before he lost the ball.
What resonated most with me in the video was the reminder that it's still regular season christmas night and not the playoff, and based on Curry missing last night's game the playoffs could become ugly either way.

Alrite the 2nd possible foul wasn't one because KD hit the ball 1 microsecond before he hit the shoulder. I'd love to see where the other two refs stood, because the one in the background of the proof screen capture had no clean look.
Then it's still up to debate if the contact on the crossover should prompt a ref to blow the whistle and if LeBron already turned the corner on the left drive before he lost the ball.
What resonated most with me in the video was the reminder that it's still regular season christmas night and not the playoff, and based on Curry missing last night's game the playoffs could become ugly either way.

I though the refs let them play on close calls, which is kind of how it should be. Turned out the video pretty much supported two of the three.

I think the matchup is awesome. That game was close the whole time and you knew it was going to come down to big plays and some drama. There is crazy talent on both teams. The finals could be one of the all time best, IMO.

What Jackson and Van Gundy said was truth. Steve Javie pusdyfooted around a simple yes or no question to protect his kind.

That said, let's get Van Gundy and Walton together for a game so I can die in peace

I like how you dismiss what GMs and scouts say but somehow use Drake as a matter of fact. Lol

You can't make this stuff up.

#drakeforraptorsgm
What do GM's and scouts say? Pretty sure they praise him too. And guess what genius, he mentioned fan and media perception. GM's dont give up first round picks for free.

A few angry moments in the commentary box on Christmas day/night.

Mark Jackson basically put Steve Javie in his place with the 'It's a foul' comment.

Then later on TNT Shaq got all angry over his Kuzma > Ingram take. He's wrong. Kuzma isn't better than Ingram (yet). Sometimes I feel like Shag is just there to troll and Kenny & Chuck let him get away with it just cos he's Shaq.