What's new

Gobert update thread

Need good news from Gobert. We stole a game without him, we can do one more. But not the series. Gonna be really hard. I hope he will get back latest by 4th game.

This pretty much ruins Gobert's chance at winning DPOY and lowers his position for the All NBA team. They are supposed to evaluate on performance during the regular season only, but we all know that's not the case. Moreover, it's hard to argue in Gobert's favor if the Jazz keep winning without him.

This pretty much ruins Gobert's chance at winning DPOY and lowers his position for the All NBA team. They are supposed to evaluate on performance during the regular season only, but we all know that's not the case. Moreover, it's hard to argue in Gobert's favor if the Jazz keep winning without him.

This will have zero effect on either award.

Need good news from Gobert. We stole a game without him, we can do one more. But not the series. Gonna be really hard. I hope he will get back latest by 4th game.

My gut says DL will not take chances with his franchise player. If the Doctors say 2 weeks it will minimum 2 weeks. I know it sucks, but if there is any risk to structural damage if its not fully healed you can't do it.

9w4Ybl.jpg

Gobert already in full sessions. The dudes a damn ironman.

Last edited:

I think that final votes were due Friday. As in, before this injury.

everybody voted already!

9w4Ybl.jpg

Gobert already in full sessions. The dudes a damn ironman.
There's plenty of room for optimism at this point.

I think best case scenario is we win Game 2 so Rudy doesn't feel any need to rush his recovery. If we steal Game 2, the series is essentially over, and Rudy can focus on getting fully healthy for the 2nd round.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

There's plenty of room for optimism at this point.

I think best case scenario is we win Game 2 so Rudy doesn't feel any need to rush his recovery. If we steal Game 2, the series is essentially over, and Rudy can focus on getting fully healthy for the 2nd round.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

It's gonna be really really hard to win another game in LA without Rudy. :(

I'm just hoping he's back on Friday so we can secure home court.

If we could get him back by game 4 we could still have a good chance at winning the series imo. But if there's a risk in bringing him back to soon, as much as it hurts, I'm not taking it. This team is built around Gobert and he's the greatest thing to happen to this team in a long, long time. He's my favorite player in a long, long time.

Rudy is tough and I know that he'll play if he can though. Man I almost shut the game off when he went down on the first play. That was traumatizing. So unfair. That dude fought all season, carried a perpetually injured team to 50 wins and over performed even the highest expectations of him. For him to go down in the first ten seconds of the playoffs was sick. Gobert's been wanting to lead this team in the playoffs since he was drafted at the end of the first round. His drive is what got us here. That pick jump started our withering franchise.

Welp.

Andy Larsen‏Verified account @andyblarsen 6m6 minutes ago
More
Snyder on Gobert's timeframe: "I don't think we're ready to say today, tomorrow, a week, two weeks. I think it's literally that wide open."

Best case is he plays by game 3 to me. Perhaps even Game 4. Still, the Jazz got their win at LA, and frankly showed a ton of heart doing so in a game that could have been extremely demoralizing (it damn sure was to me until about the 3rd quarter, when the Clippers weren't blowing the game wide open). They did their job on this first two, though getting the game Tuesday would be extra kick ***.

my gut feeling...

he's going to be out for the series, but if **** gets really bad I have a feeling he'll be back by game 6.