What's new

Golden State visits the Holy Jazz - An Official Game Thread

The Jazz did this starting two rookies (one undrafted) and with two second year guys and an DL guy getting a lot of minutes. Pretty amazing, I think this Quin guy can coach.

The Jazz did a lot of late switching on defense and were willing to have mismatches on the floor if it broke the Warriors’ offense. The Warriors ended up with just 21 assists on 37 field goals. The Jazz got the Warriors out of their offense for a lot of the night.

tibbit from Locke, going forward it makes sense to do this a lot more when we have Exum at PG.

Jazz have beat the Spurs, Warriors, Heat, Cavs, Grizzlies, Thunder, Bulls and Bucks. Half their wins are against the best in the NBA. This team is capable of great play and we are starting to see it more and more. 11-11 over the last 22.

Kanter was talking, before the game I think, about the Warruors. Said Bogut is nothing special and that the Jazz have enough talent to guard Thompson and everyone else on the Warriors.

Then after the game he dropped an "I told you so!"

The Jazz did a lot of late switching on defense and were willing to have mismatches on the floor if it broke the Warriors’ offense. The Warriors ended up with just 21 assists on 37 field goals. The Jazz got the Warriors out of their offense for a lot of the night.

tibbit from Locke, going forward it makes sense to do this a lot more when we have Exum at PG.
Favors, Gobert, Booker and Hayward can also adequately handle switches/mismatches.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

When was the last time Big AL had 3 blocks and 2 assists? No one is going to argue that Derrick is a better offensive player than Jefferson or what we had in Boozer. But Favors plays both ends of the court. That's his value - and also that of Gordon Hayward. Much rather have a player who contributes on both ends of the court than a scorer like Anthony or Jefferson who are defensive sieves.

It's not just the blocks either...it's his ability to guard the perimeter, P&R etc.

The Jazz crushed the Warriors on the boards, ending up +14 for the game. Three guys had double-digit rebounds, and Favors wasn't even one of them.

Kanter was a beast on the boards last night when he was in the game. He has been looking pretty good since coming back from injury.

When was the last time Big AL had 3 blocks and 2 assists? No one is going to argue that Derrick is a better offensive player than Jefferson or what we had in Boozer. But Favors plays both ends of the court. That's his value - and also that of Gordon Hayward. Much rather have a player who contributes on both ends of the court than a scorer like Anthony or Jefferson who are defensive sieves.

lol... Big-AL once lead the team in Blocks, Rebounds, Assists and Points against Cleveland.... He was the first player since Karl Malone doing this... Al was the best BIG-Man the Jazz had for a long time...

https://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=320305005

AL also averaged like 19,10,2,2.... So I think he had many of games with many assists and blocks...

His jumpshot has been *** though.

Well, he hasn't been perfect. He's looked pretty good. His defense hasn't even been killing the Jazz much. It seemed like the Jazz struggled a little bit to secure rebounds with the Favors/Booker combo, but Booker was way better offensively. He deserved to play extended minutes.

Imagine how good the Jazz could be if they had a couple guys on the floor who were knock-down shooters.

That's why I think the Jazz have Booker higher on their big board than some other teams. After Russell and Hezonja, Booker might be the next 2-guard for me.

Kanter was talking, before the game I think, about the Warruors. Said Bogut is nothing special and that the Jazz have enough talent to guard Thompson and everyone else on the Warriors.

kanter needs to look at the standings and shut the "edited" up

Last edited by a moderator:
Jazz have beat the Spurs, Warriors, Heat, Cavs, Grizzlies, Thunder, Bulls and Bucks. Half their wins are against the best in the NBA. This team is capable of great play and we are starting to see it more and more. 11-11 over the last 22.
Thunder sucked at the time of our win. Durant and Westbrook were injured

nice!!!!!