What's new

Gordon Hayward hate

youch hayward is struggling big time, 5fouls in 14mins of play.

He will be fine I think.

But if he isn’t and he regresses that will only add to the legacy and myth of Snyder.

Maybe he should give Gail Miller a call and see if the jazz staff is willing to work on developing him a bit more...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It was interesting that Hayward's blocked shot on Sunday was a highlight on NBATv, so I assumed that he had a great game. Then I looked at the box score and saw that he was 1-7 and had the lowest +- on the team. I'm sure he'll be great again though. I was at Cedar Point on 4th of July riding my favorite rollercoaster (Millennium Force) wearing a Jazz shirt, when I got the news about Hayward leaving Boston. I had another hour before i needed to leave for the airport, but left early. I'm sure Boston will be one of the best two teams in the East and Hayward will be a contributor to that, but I will never cheer for Boston or Hayward.

Hayward will find his game again, if health isn't an issue for him. He showed us in his last season here that when he is motivated he can rise above. He recreated himself with the help of our coaching staff in amazing ways. That's one reason it sucked that he left. I imagine he feels like he has a lot to prove and will be motivated to prove it. I don't know if that will work in Boston, or whether the size of his contract will become a problem in relation to what he ends up contributing, but Hayward was a great player before the injury, probably top 25 in the NBA, and so it isn't unlikely that he won't rise again.

But still, dude can go jump in a lake as far as I'm concerned.

Hayward will find his game again, if health isn't an issue for him. He showed us in his last season here that when he is motivated he can rise above. He recreated himself with the help of our coaching staff in amazing ways. That's one reason it sucked that he left. I imagine he feels like he has a lot to prove and will be motivated to prove it. I don't know if that will work in Boston, or whether the size of his contract will become a problem in relation to what he ends up contributing, but Hayward was a great player before the injury, probably top 25 in the NBA, and so it isn't unlikely that he won't rise again.

I hate everything you said until the end. I hear he is a bad swimmer.

Hayward has looked useless so far in their two games but I agree with you guys -- he'll get it back. Can't expect to be great in your first game back from a year long recovery/rehab. One question I have is how well he'll fit. He became great in Utah because he was the focus. Hayward seems to not actually want to be the main guy and in Boston he doesn't have to. I watched a good part of both of Boston's games so far. It kind of felt like guys weren't really looking for Hayward, like he was just a random stranger out there. Maybe once he starts playing better they'll involve him more.

This might just be my faulty memory playing tricks but I sort of remember it being a bit awkward when Hayward played in the all-star game. Like all these repeat all-stars out there didn't seem to involve him much and so he didn't do that much. It almost felt like that when watching Hayward so far this season. I'm sure I'm over thinking it. A couple months from now I'll be embarrassed for even writing this and someone will remind me of it. :)

Hayward has looked useless so far in their two games but I agree with you guys -- he'll get it back. Can't expect to be great in your first game back from a year long recovery/rehab. One question I have is how well he'll fit. He became great in Utah because he was the focus. Hayward seems to not actually want to be the main guy and in Boston he doesn't have to. I watched a good part of both of Boston's games so far. It kind of felt like guys weren't really looking for Hayward, like he was just a random stranger out there. Maybe once he starts playing better they'll involve him more.

This might just be my faulty memory playing tricks but I sort of remember it being a bit awkward when Hayward played in the all-star game. Like all these repeat all-stars out there didn't seem to involve him much and so he didn't do that much. It almost felt like that when watching Hayward so far this season. I'm sure I'm over thinking it. A couple months from now I'll be embarrassed for even writing this and someone will remind me of it. :)
I wouldnt call Hayward useless. I think he is likely going to be their 2nd most important player behind Horford. Tatum/Brown/Irving have all looked like score first players, but Hayward/Horford actually play for the team. For Boston to be great offensively those young guys have to be less selfish. A lot of Tatum taking hard midrange shots and shot hunting.

He had a really nice chase down block in the 2nd game too, so I dont think his athleticism is that far off from what it was.

Tatum/Brown/Irving have all looked like score first players, but Hayward/Horford actually play for the team. For Boston to be great offensively those young guys have to be less selfish. A lot of Tatum taking hard midrange shots and shot hunting.

I think that's a good observation. I think Irving at least does look for Hayward some. But definitely some score first players out there.

I don’t hate him. He did to us what organizations have been doing to players for years and years. You are all babies, and idiot whiners. Do I wish he would’ve stayed, yes! But that’s the business of pro sports.

or he will play more like the first 6 years of his jazz career rather than the 7th year.

I wouldnt call Hayward useless. I think he is likely going to be their 2nd most important player behind Horford. Tatum/Brown/Irving have all looked like score first players, but Hayward/Horford actually play for the team. For Boston to be great offensively those young guys have to be less selfish. A lot of Tatum taking hard midrange shots and shot hunting.

He had a really nice chase down block in the 2nd game too, so I dont think his athleticism is that far off from what it was.

Just like Horford his game will go under-appreciated... hopefully he is as graceful as Horford is accepting it. His raw numbers likely won't be as good and his efficiency may be similar to what we saw his last year here and there may be some that declare him "not himself or not worth the money".

I kind of got the vibe he wanted more individual attention and recognition... it seemed like making the all-star team in a major market was part of the motivation to move. If they have success but he doesn't get the numbers to receive the individual accolades is he cool with that?

That is an interesting situation I will be hate watching all year.

Just like Horford his game will go under-appreciated... hopefully he is as graceful as Horford is accepting it. His raw numbers likely won't be as good and his efficiency may be similar to what we saw his last year here and there may be some that declare him "not himself or not worth the money".

I kind of got the vibe he wanted more individual attention and recognition... it seemed like making the all-star team in a major market was part of the motivation to move. If they have success but he doesn't get the numbers to receive the individual accolades is he cool with that?

That is an interesting situation I will be hate watching all year.
He's been getting a **** load of individual recognition. Paul George didnt even get this much media attention after his injury.

I was listening to Locke today and he was talking about how Stevens is overrated as an offensive coach. I think he is right and this year Stevens has a lot to prove on that end.

I still want to see Hayward do well individually, but I would like Boston to disappoint.

He's been getting a **** load of individual recognition. Paul George didnt even get this much media attention after his injury.

I was listening to Locke today and he was talking about how Stevens is overrated as an offensive coach. I think he is right and this year Stevens has a lot to prove on that end.

I still want to see Hayward do well individually, but I would like Boston to disappoint.

He's been getting attention, but I'm talking about recognition. We will see... maybe he is so much better than Tatum and Brown that there isn't some weird friction and he will get his due and then some.

They are an interesting team and I hate their fans and some of the media attention they get... but damn it to hell it is warranted... the east is such a dumpster fire I could see them getting 60 wins with no sweat.