What's new

Grade the Utah Jazz draft.

Shad

Hendricks: A. for me with all considering. Wanted him forever so I'm super happy. Long, athletic, can shoot.

George: B. I'm having a really hard time getting behind this with Cam still on the board. I don't really know much about him. Watched 5 minutes of him on Youtube and pretty much shrugged.

Brice: A-. I actually like this pick more than George. Better scoring, better size.

Overall grade: B. I'd even wish we traded 16+28 for Kobe. Maybe that's too much (?) but still excited either way heading into the Off-season. I feel like there was more opportunities out there but what can you do.

B+. Would have been an A+ if Cam were drafted, but whatever, I like all three players as good NBA players.

A.

They did what needed to get done. They’ve drastically improved their team. Not upset at all about passing on Cam. Half the nba passing on him makes me think they probably know something was up. I wish we could’ve moved up one to get Bufkin. But that’s okay.

A

Can’t remember the last time we’ve scored like this. And it’s not like the draft picks are empty this decade. Thanks to Minny, we should have plenty more summers of good draft picks.

Seems like good picks
You need lots of firepower to win games and Jazz seem to have it

As a whole: B-

Hendricks is an A+. No-brainer. Reminds me of Jaren Jackson Jr. I'm surprised he was there at 9.

George is a C+. Hopefully he plays PG as I think it's a larger need for us. He needs the ball in his hands to be effective and I can see him being a better PG. I can totally imagine D-Wade wanting this guy.

THT small forward Guy: D He'll have trouble getting his shot off, plus he's going to get targeted on defense.

Last edited:
A-

Love the draft. We got 3 guys that can be really good shooters. Hendricks gives us a long versatile wing. George has legit go to scorer upside. Sensabaugh may be the best shooter in the draft.

I’ll give it a C-
Hendricks: A-
George: D+
Sensabaugh: D

Only reason it’s semi good is because our G League team should be pretty good with George and Sensabaugh the next 3-4 years before they’re Costco employees

I don't have a problem with any of the picks themselves, they are probably the same decisions I would have made. But I do kinda wish we had traded up to get Black or Bilal. I would have been stoked to have either player. Sucks that we just missed on Bufkin as well. We will never know what the cost was, but it may be a missed opportunity.

B+

Hendricks B+ - still have a lot of concerns about his defensive switchability and his finishing at the rim. Could be a great fit next to Lauri.

George C - jazz need a lead guard and I have always thought goerge is a chucker. I hope he proves me wrong.

Sensabough C- - fat and short are not a great way to start. He could be a flame thrower off the bench or not be playable because of his defense. Offense is amazing.

Overall a C+ to a B-

Jazz got three solid pro prospects with good size and shooting for their respective positions. They reportedly tried to trade up higher from both draft positions, but were unable to. They didn't get anyone who has top-20 player potential--I think Jarace Walker, Bilal Coulibaly and Kobe Bufkin have more star upside, but those opportunities eluded them. If the Jazz had gotten Walker or Coulibaly in the top 10, it would have been a A draft from my perspective.

I'd give the Jazz a B for the players they selected from where they were drafting. I'm guessing Washington threatened Indiana that they'd take Jarace Walker at #8 if the Pacers drafted Bilal for the Jazz. Their cost to get Bilal at #7 was just two 2RPs. Jazz surely would have offered more than that.

Last edited:
Hendricks - A: perfect match for our long term front court.

George - D: I want him to be great, but I just don’t understand the upside. The best I heard is that he is a shooter who took a lot of bad shots that brought his averages down. Sounds like me on the bball court… can I get a contract to?

Sensabough - C: a good shooter late in the draft is good, but what position does he defend? Bringing in 3 rookies isn’t a great idea.

Overall - B-: love the first pick, but felt we should have used resources to move up in this draft on the second pickup.