What's new

Grayson a better dunker than Donovan?

The knock on Allen is that he's unable to utilize his athleticism in traffic around the basket - so while Grayson may be a dunk contest participant and may actually win, in the world that counts he's not nearly on par with DM.

It would be pretty cool if Grayson competed in the dunk contest. Just imagine a dunk where there is some kind of partnership, synchronization, something with Donovan.

It would be pretty cool if Grayson competed in the dunk contest. Just imagine a dunk where there is some kind of partnership, synchronization, something with Donovan.

If they do, they gotta dress like this.

white_men_can_t_jump_cover.jpg

Has a team ever had 2 players compete in the dunk contest the same year?

This year might be crazy. Mitchell probably comes back because winners usually do. But Lavine and Gordon should be back healthy and compete again.

I love Mitchell but I'm not sure he could beat those two. But he is good at proving me and everyone wrong.

This year might be crazy. Mitchell probably comes back because winners usually do. But Lavine and Gordon should be back healthy and compete again.

I love Mitchell but I'm not sure he could beat those two. But he is good at proving me and everyone wrong.

I don't think one team had two contestants unless maybe TMac and Vince did. I can't remember.

Personally, I hope that Donovan doesn't do another dunk contest. I hope he goes out and wins a 3 point contest.

Want to say Spud Webb and Dominique Wilkins for Atlanta back in the 80s.

I don't think one team had two contestants unless maybe TMac and Vince did. I can't remember.

Personally, I hope that Donovan doesn't do another dunk contest. I hope he goes out and wins a 3 point contest.
I hope he doesn't do either.

I don't want him to busy that weekend since he will be playing in the all Star game.

You have to dunk in games to be invited. GA doesn't dunk in games. I mean, it happens when all the stars align, but yeah, don't hold your breath unless they have a lay up contest.

From the article linked above:

“J.R. Smith and Chris Andersen were the last NBA teammates to appear in the same dunk contest together in 2005 as members of the New Orleans Hornets. Former Toronto Raptors teammates Tracy McGrady and Vince Carter were other notable ones in 2000.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Four basketballs, two guys. Grayson jumps slightly earlier. Grayson right hand dunk, Donovan right hand dunk, Grayson left hand dunk, Donovan left hand dunk, all while both are in the air. Probably impossible but would be fun.

I won't consider GA a better dunker than DM unless he tops that put back jam on Houston. Yea, yea, I know in game is not the same as contest, but in game is where it really matters. It'd be great if both end up great in game dunkers.

I actually think Donovan vs Grayson would be a great dunk contest story line. Doubt it will happen, but would love to see it.

I definitely want Donovan back in it, would love to see him repeat. His dunk contest coach said they literally had about 5 days to prepare and could have done better had they had more time. Grayson would be cool....but two players from the same team? I doubt the NBA will go for that, it’s a compelling story line if you ask me though.