What's new

Grayson a better dunker than Donovan?

Do you ever get tired of me calling you an idiot, if you can look me in the proverbial eye and tell me with a straight face that Korver is capable of doing this then I’ll apologize to calling you the idiot you are.

I DARE YOU!!!
You've called me an idiot before? Interesting. Sorry, never noticed your posts before. Assumed you were a new guy.

He got hops no doubt.

Tales from your ***.

Nate Robinson rarely dunked in game, same with Lavine when he was first invited.

Lavine has always been a prolific dunker (esp for a wing). In rookie year, 6.2% of Lavine's FGAs were dunks (same as Vince Carter's peak year). 3.3% for Donovan's

Lavine has always been a prolific dunker (esp for a wing). In rookie year, 6.2% of Lavine's FGAs were dunks (same as Vince Carter's peak year). 3.3% for Donovan's

Imo lavine is the best dunk contest dunker of all time with all due respect to VC (a close second)

Imo lavine is the best dunk contest dunker of all time with all due respect to VC (a close second)

Not that I believe it or not, but many believe Nance is the best dunker ever, probably a nostalgia thing, I don’t know. I still say Wilkins is best ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that I believe it or not, but many believe Nance is the best dunker ever, probably a nostalgia thing, I don’t know. I still say Wilkins is best ever.

You should go to you tube and watch a video i watched. I was looking for the alley oop dunk from bryce cotton a few years back when he was on the jazz and one of the videos that came up showed every perfect 50 score dunk from the dunk contest of all time. I dont even remember seeing nance in the video lol. Watch the dominique dunks on there. Then compare them to more recent dunkers. Pretty much all the old school guys like wilkins and jordan did pretty easy dunks with very little creativity. They did those easy dunks very well but they were still easy dunks. Wilkins dunks were very powerful. Jordan dunks were beautiful and graceful. But they were also pretty easy if you compare them to the dunks that guys like aaron gordon, vince carter, lavine, gerald green,..... basically any dunkers of the last 10 years.
I always loved wilkins and jordan in dunk contests and thought they were amazing..... and they were for their era. But find and watch that video I watched and you will see what I mean.
Lavine dunks are super hard, perfectly executed with great technicallity and they still look easy as **** for him. I would guess that there is not a dunk that another nba baller in history could do that he couldn't do better (other than the under the butt dunk that gordon did when the mascot was holding the ball up. Maybe lavine couldn't do that one better.)
I mean one of jordans iconic dunks was a one handed free throw line dunk were he kind of pumps the ball. Lavine did through the legs dunk from the free throw line.

You should go to you tube and watch a video i watched. I was looking for the alley oop dunk from bryce cotton a few years back when he was on the jazz and one of the videos that came up showed every perfect 50 score dunk from the dunk contest of all time. I dont even remember seeing nance in the video lol. Watch the dominique dunks on there. Then compare them to more recent dunkers. Pretty much all the old school guys like wilkins and jordan did pretty easy dunks with very little creativity. They did those easy dunks very well but they were still easy dunks. Wilkins dunks were very powerful. Jordan dunks were beautiful and graceful. But they were also pretty easy if you compare them to the dunks that guys like aaron gordon, vince carter, lavine, gerald green,..... basically any dunkers of the last 10 years.
I always loved wilkins and jordan in dunk contests and thought they were amazing..... and they were for their era. But find and watch that video I watched and you will see what I mean.
Lavine dunks are super hard, perfectly executed with great technicallity and they still look easy as **** for him. I would guess that there is not a dunk that another nba baller in history could do that he couldn't do better (other than the under the butt dunk that gordon did when the mascot was holding the ball up. Maybe lavine couldn't do that one better.)
I mean one of jordans iconic dunks was a one handed free throw line dunk were he kind of pumps the ball. Lavine did through the legs dunk from the free throw line.

Dunkers of today had to get more creative because those other dunks got used to death, and we all got tired of the same things. If Jordan and Wilkins were forced to get more creative they could do the same things, but in my view, nothing beats a good power dunk.

I just watched that video, Wilkins is still my favorite. It’s almost like he’s still rising as he dunks the ball, while everyone is reaching as they are coming down. His 360 dunk was insane that way. Also, mad respect to Gordon.

But for me, Wilkins is king. It was always such a spectacle to see him dunk. Things he did seemed inhuman, he may not have had the most imaginative dunks, but, they seemed in-human, other worldly the way he hung and threw down like he was taking all his anger for every time he was wronged on the rim.

I just watched the video. I think VCs are the best. But I can see why someone would like Lavine the most. His effortless dunks are mpressive.

Anyone notice that VC doesn’t really do a 360 on that one dunk that Mitchell emulated he takes a half turn before he jumps, not knocking it just an observation.

I think Carter is on par with Lavine in the dunk contest, but he is the best in game dunker I've ever seen by a mile. It's kind of unfair in some ways because the nature of a dunk contest is that newer guys build on older feats. Lavine's are a step up in difficulty in many ways, but Carter has a super rare (only him) level of grace and power in his dunks that counts for something. I think Carter in his prime could pull off the Dunks Lavine and gordon have done. His athleticism was simply unbelievable. I do love how well Lavine glides, though. He's definitely a top 3 dunker I've seen. Gordon had one amazing contest, and then one less impressive one. But that one contest was great so I think my top would be Carter, Lavine, Gordon.

Comparing those guys to Nique is unfair, but something akin to comparing the master french impressionists oeuvre to a something a pretty artistic person would come up with at paint night.

Good posts guys. Good discussion.

Who would win a dunk contest between niang and jingles doe?

@Handlogtens Heroes

I think everyone would lose. Really though, I’m taking jingles.

I agree with Fish, Lavine just elevates and hangs like no one else. I've seen a lot of the old dunks but never saw Lavine's, I used to think VC was the best.

Honorable mentions:

Spud Webb
Dwight Howard-Damn impressive for a dude that big to throw down like that.
Aaron Gordon-wow
Jason Richardson seemed to have a lot of 50's.
Would have liked to see Jordan try the dunks Lavine, etc. did.