What's new

Grayson a better dunker than Donovan?

Some of these Steph plays are just ridiculous. Love the one on Lebron, the ankle-breaker on CP3, and the various ones where he puts people on the spin cycle.

The Rudy Gobert spin cycle is at 7:25.

Anyone notice that VC doesn’t really do a 360 on that one dunk that Mitchell emulated he takes a half turn before he jumps, not knocking it just an observation.

For 360s, players often jump with their back to the basket (half turn on the ground before jumping, second half aerial. Some jump "sideways" (a quarter of the turn before jumping, 3/4 aerial). I've never seen a 360 where both feet are square to the basket and the full 360 is aerial. Watch the footwork on videos.

For 360s, players often jump with their back to the basket (half turn on the ground before jumping, second half aerial. Some jump "sideways" (a quarter of the turn before jumping, 3/4 aerial). I've never seen a 360 where both feet are square to the basket and the full 360 is aerial. Watch the footwork on videos.

Agreed

I get that but look at his dunk he turns his entire back to the basket long before he jumps.

If Jordan and Wilkins were forced to get more creative they could do the same things,....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering most people worship the ground he walks on, I never thought MJ was that great at his dunk contests or as an in game dunker. Even in the dunk contest, his dunks were underwhelming in my personal opinion. His signature dunk had already been done a number of times and has been been done better since.

I mean, watch this:

If this happened today, it would get absolutely bashed by fans and the media. He literally did 6 dunks in 2 years. He did the exact same dunk twice (compact windmill going left to right and then the foul line dunk where he stepped on the line).

In the 2nd year, Dominque's dunk between his legs was so much better than MJ's but Dominique's didn't get a full 50.

Yet another example of how everything MJ did was blown out of proportion.

I mean, watch this:

If this happened today, it would get absolutely bashed by fans and the media. He literally did 6 dunks in 2 years. He did the exact same dunk twice (compact windmill going left to right and then the foul line dunk where he stepped on the line).

In the 2nd year, Dominque's dunk between his legs was so much better than MJ's but Dominique's didn't get a full 50.

Yet another example of how everything MJ did was blown out of proportion.

Vince carter would destroy them in a dunk contest

Vince carter would destroy them in a dunk contest

Yep.

It's funny looking back. MJ and Dominique had this amazing "showdown" for a dunk contest. Jordan literally did 2 of the exact same dunks he did the year before. And his 3rd dunk was a worse version than the one Dominique did. And yet MJ wins and gets legendary status.

It must have been nice for MJ to come in an era when the media wasn't allowed to print anything negative about him AND went over the top to worship him. The environment today is the exact opposite. Polar opposite.