What's new

GT: Goliath @ David Thursday Dec 8, Vivint Smart Home Arena 7:00 PM MT

Was it Curry that Exum had good defensive-performances against back in his rookie season?

I like the idea of having a 6'6" quick guard chasing him around-- let's hope he can stay out of foul trouble.

--

We truly have no response to stopping Kevin Durant given our team's roster depletion. It'll be a "victory" if we can keep it close. Our bench really needs to have a game of the month and take it to their scrubs. Our only chance. Klay will feast on JJ, or whoever ends up taking the lions-share of minutes at the 2 if Hayward isn't guarding him

**** that. If it was a road game sure, but Warriors are going to come off a b2b from LA on what will hopefully be a late game. We are in a decent position to pull off an upset. Hayward plays, he just jammed his finger.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Rodney needs to let his hammy heal. We need to play it safe with him, Hill and Favors. Haywards finger is not healed. Our next game is Saturday, which gives everyone three more full days of recovery. I just don't think it's worth putting our championship run in jeopardy.

I agree. Hold out Hill, Favors, Hood even if they're supposedly healthy. Rest Hayward for a little extra healing for his finger, which gives him 3-4 days without contact before Saturday's game against the Kings. Play Rudy with short minutes, challenge Dante to do something, RELEASE THE BOLOMBOY!, tell Mack to get 30 pts., have the Bear accidentally shoot silly spray into Draymonds eyes then accidentally knee him in the nuts, run close-ups of our starting four in dapper-as-**** street clothes and pan to Rudy in all his early-Napoleonic glory.

#win

Fun Hayward stats in ESPN tweets:

Tim MacMahon
ESPN Staff Writer

Gordon Hayward during Jazz's 7-1 run: 27 ppg, 49.6 FG%, 50 3%, 86.3 FT% with 10 free throws per game. He's dominating despite pain and swelling in his left ring finger, which he broke during training camp.

Rodney needs to let his hammy heal. We need to play it safe with him, Hill and Favors. Haywards finger is not healed. Our next game is Saturday, which gives everyone three more full days of recovery. I just don't think it's worth putting our championship run in jeopardy.
How do you know any of this? Jazz release 0 medical info. They could all be fine by Thursday.

We know Hayward is fine. He just jammed it, that is going to happen all year, recently broken fingers are going to jam easily.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

My prefered rotation for this game:

Mack/Neto
Ingles/Exum
JJ/Ingles
Lyles/Diaw
Withey/Bolomboy

(With apologies to JJ and Diaw who, in a perfect world, would also sit this one).

gregg-popovich-102616-usnews-getty-ftr_1idmdfdw4ihwf17csbbq7j7k6i.jpg

Put me in the "rest our dudes" camp.

I get the "rest guys" argument but I just don't like it.

In fact, to hell with that. Go out balls to the wall and punch GS right in the mouth. Hound them all night. Fight, scratch and claw your way to that W. Hard checks, dive for lose balls, run the floor, hammer down dunks...

Smart or not I'm not a fan of waiving the white flag. Go down swinging, always

I concur. If Rodney, Hill, and Hayward sat out Thursday and Saturday then they would get a 8 extra days to recover. It's that rare part of the season when we could 'catch up' without affecting the team that much. 8 Days without knocks could be enough to let that finger cool down finally... and that hammy would get a chance for real rest. Get treatments, hang out, and we risk very little against the Warriors (who we can see again, healthy soon). The Kings aren't that good with a 3 - 8 road record. It would give us a chance to use some depth in a big way. Perhaps Hill could come back for the Kings game to ensure the W. But Hayward and Hood have to be healthy!

Also, it's not waiving the white flag. We will see them 3 more times. But, it's one of those rare times in the season when you have 2 games in 8 days with one being against a team most teams will lose to. If you put out a papertiger, they may underestimate us and relax a bit. Who knows.

Last edited:

In fact, to hell with that. Go out balls to the wall and punch GS right in the mouth. Hound them all night. Fight, scratch and claw your way to that W. Hard checks, dive for lose balls, run the floor, hammer down dunks...

Discretion is the better part of valor.

We have plenty of time to rest after the GSW game. We play Sacramento on Saturday, who we should comfortably beat if we play everybody, then we don't play until next Wednesday against OKC.

Rest Hill, Favors, and Hood against Sacramento if we have to.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

this is not waving a white flag. It's early December. We won't be healthy. Get these guys in deep treatment while we are in SLC and go 4-1 on this homestand.

'white flag' lol

this is not waving a white flag. It's early December. We won't be healthy. Get these guys in deep treatment while we are in SLC and go 4-1 on this homestand.

'white flag' lol

Yup, I see the fundamental goal right now is to be healthy and playing together at playoff time. I am assuming we make the playoffs of course.

I am not so worried about placement and seed. We have seen how good this team is when semi-healthy, how could can we be if we get everyone healthy and playing their role? I think we can do some damage even from a low seed. If we push too hard now and Rodney is not healthy, favors cannot contribute, Hill is slowed down, and burks is not productive, might not matter much if we are a higher seed.

too bad the jazz just couldn't be healthy and injury free from the start, then we wouldn't be having this discussion

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

No, no, no nonononooonono!

I'm actually going to be in the arena for this one. I want everyone suited up and showing those pansies how a real team plays.

So, get a Mr. Miyagi, drink a little Jordan's secret stuff, rub a little dirt on it, and get on the floor!

Hill should be ready to go. If Hood is out that will truly hurt our offense, but we NEED Hill if we want to win the game.

In George we trust.