What's new

Hayward is fool's gold

Et tu Brute

It is inconceivable to me how the Jazz FO have let them get themselves into this predicament where it feels like their whole game plan was to resign Hay.

The best player on the Jazz team by FARRRRRRRRR is Gobert. It's not even close. Based on RPM, Gobert is already a top 8 player.
They struck gold by extending him when they did.

Gordo is a really nice two way player. But that is it. He is not a top 15 player and probably never will be. What part of his game are people expecting him to improve upon? He is already perhaps maxing out his ability.

Gallinari is pretty much an equitable replacement (only 18 months older). Furthermore he can play 3 or 4. Gordo is replaceable - unlike Rudy.

The worst thing about GH leaving is the lack of compensation. That is shattering! But, think of the cap space....

Also, cause I think the sun shines out of Exum's bum, it is hard for me to get excited about the Jazz running this thing back.

Hayward is fool's gold and Exum is future super star. Yah, yah... we know it...

And the capspace. OMG the capspace! Imagine what we can do with this capspace. Why waste it on a mediocre player like Hayward when we can go get Rudy Gay and Dion Waiters. Now that's some good use of our capspace.

Hayward is fool's gold and Exum is future super star. Yah, yah... we know it...

And the capspace. OMG the capspace! Imagine what we can do with this capspace. Why waste it on a mediocre player like Hayward when we can go get Rudy Gay and Dion Waiters. Now that's some good use of our capspace.

Is Hayward even better than Gallinari?
Hayward is being hyped to the point he might become one of the most overrated free agents in recent history. Everyone knows that if Celtics make a move for Hayward they would have to make at least one other move. He doesn't move the needle much at all.

This is a little aggressive but I get what you are saying. Some people are acting like the sky is falling because he might leave. He is a good player, but he isn't Westbrook, Harden, Curry, Thompson, Durant, Giannis, or so many other "stars" in this league. He is good and we will miss him, but get a grip people. Gobert is our franchise

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Hayward is being hyped to the point he might become one of the most overrated free agents in recent history. Everyone knows that if Celtics make a move for Hayward they would have to make at least one other move. He doesn't move the needle much at all.

Of course not. He's probably not better than Lance Stephenson even...

Hayward would be better even if Gallinari managed to actually play an entire season without injury. The fact that he is always injured only makes that even more true.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

one is talking about Gallo being a superstar.

Not sure what "superstar" means, it is typically a top 5 player. I have not heard anyone call Hayward a superstar, so I think you are in a monologue, not an argument. Hayward is pretty universally considered a mere "star" at this stage.

Eyeballing salaries, there are >60 max contracts, or ~two per team on average. I don't think there are 60+ superstars.

The joke is that it is close based on recency bias.

Hayward ranked 29th RPM and Gallo 31st this past season. That matches the eye test.

And no one is talking about Gallo being a superstar.
How was Gallo's rpm in the playoffs this year compared to Hayward's? What about other stats besides that 1? How about defense? Gallo would be an okay addition at the right price but he does not replace what Hayward brings.

Hayward's was our sole focal point on offense and he carried us to the playoffs along with Gobert. Gallo would be a clear step back if he is healthy.

The joke is that it is close based on recency bias.

Hayward ranked 29th RPM and Gallo 31st this past season.

2015-16 Gallo was 67th, Hayward was 30th
2016-17 Gallo was 76th, Hayward was 19th.

Your argument would have more weight if you stopped cherry picking data.

Not sure what "superstar" means, it is typically a top 5 player. I have not heard anyone call Hayward a superstar, so I think you are in a monologue, not an argument. Hayward is pretty universally considered a mere "star" at this stage.

Eyeballing salaries, there are >60 max contracts, or ~two per team on average. I don't think there are 60+ superstars.

Hayward played like a superstar in the playoffs. I made that statement and it's true.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app