What's new

Hayward is fool's gold

Hmmm.
Net rating -8.8. Sweeped out of the second round.

= Superstar

Let's face it, we were playing the best team ever assembled. The team that swept everyone in the western conference and whooped lebron James ***.
Fixed

I agree. +/- can be misleading. You have to admit it is pretty incredible that the Cavs were only -7 with LBJ playing considering they lost by double digits twice, 5 and 9. That 12-0 run GS went on in Game 3 when he only sat 2 minutes was a clear sign that LBJ means that much.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
Pretty incredible the jazz were only a -8 with Hayward playing when you consider the jazz got their *** kicked every game against the warriors. At least the cavs won one game.

You think RPM is weak?

There is less noise with that stat than PIE and PER and WINS from my understanding.

RPM so often matches the eye test.

It believes LeBron was the best player 3 out of the last 4 years. Recognizes deficiencies in players like Harden and matches the eye test with role players like Ingles and Covington.

It's the kind of stat that makes you realize the Timberwolves will always suck if KAT doesn't play defense.
Covington a role player? Get the **** outta here. He is a superstar hall of famer according to certain statistics

It is inconceivable to me how the Jazz FO have let them get themselves into this predicament where it feels like their whole game plan was to resign Hay.

The best player on the Jazz team by FARRRRRRRRR is Gobert. It's not even close. Based on RPM, Gobert is already a top 8 player.
They struck gold by extending him when they did.

Gordo is a really nice two way player. But that is it. He is not a top 15 player and probably never will be. What part of his game are people expecting him to improve upon? He is already perhaps maxing out his ability.

Gallinari is pretty much an equitable replacement (only 18 months older). Furthermore he can play 3 or 4. Gordo is replaceable - unlike Rudy.

The worst thing about GH leaving is the lack of compensation. That is shattering! But, think of the cap space....

Also, cause I think the sun shines out of Exum's bum, it is hard for me to get excited about the Jazz running this thing back.

He might not be a top 15 player, but he's top 25 at least. How much better is the 15th best player than him? I'm not sure it matters because you basically have to have one of the transcendent talents in the league to win it all, generally speaking, and there is only like 5 of those guys in the league right now... and then Golden State has 2 off them and will dominate the next 5 years or so.

I actually think Hayward has not reached his ceiling and is poised to make another jump... just not sure how relatively significant that jump will be.

Actually, I think the Cavs outscored the Warriors over the 5 games whenever LeBron was on the court. He is that damn good.

But I see the point you were making.

+7
+32

Negative 39 in 4 losses
Positive 32 in 1 win

Net is negative 7.

And I agree, LeBron is that good.

+7
+32

Negative 39 in 4 losses
Positive 32 in 1 win

Net is negative 7.

And I agree, LeBron is that good.
So the super team got outscored by no pass or D Kyrie, the great white dope and LBJ for two of five games when LBJ was on the floor. For as good as GS, pretty amazing.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Favors #83
Hood #71
Ingles #64
Hill #59
Rubio #55
Gallo #45
IT #39
Gobert #17
Haywayrd #14
Kawhi #4
Curry #3
Durant #2
Lebron #1

Who GAF about Haywood?

Let's move on and talk about the Jazz. If Haywood falls on his face in Boston, then great, we can make fun of him then. Otherwise, **** him and his new team.

Threads like this just smack of somebody going on and on about their ex and how they are so over them and they were never that good anyway and you think it's all for the best and blah balh blah blah blah blah balh blah blah blah blah balh blah blah blah blah balh blah blah blah...

Just stop.

Who GAF about Haywood?

Let's move on and talk about the Jazz. If Haywood falls on his face in Boston, then great, we can make fun of him then. Otherwise, **** him and his new team.

Threads like this just smack of somebody going on and on about their ex and how they are so over them and they were never that good anyway and you think it's all for the best and blah balh blah blah blah blah balh blah blah blah blah balh blah blah blah blah balh blah blah blah...

Just stop.

Agreed...I'm excited about our Jazz team, can't wait for the season to start so we can prove everyone wrong. Haywood chose to go to Boston, it is what it is...let's just wish him the worst and move on.

Who GAF about Haywood?

Just stop.

To be fair dude I started the thread in June.

Someone bumped it...