What's new

Herro Rumors

Bane is a much better defender than Herro. I see them on a similar level offensively, but Bane's defense makes him much more valuable.

I think he's also much better on offense. Way more efficient, and just a much smarter player right now even though Herro may have a tad more shot creation. A lot of the metrics have the gap on offense as wide as the gap on defense. I don't know if I'd go that far myself, but I do think Herro has a ways to go to get on that level.

Bane is a much better defender than Herro. I see them on a similar level offensively, but Bane's defense makes him much more valuable.
Definitely agree Bane is a better defender, but is the difference level that massive?

According to RAPTOR, there was 1.4 differential this year. According to BReference, their DBPM is on average about 1.0 different year to year. So, at least as far as advanced stats go, the difference is real, but isn't massive.

I would also rate Memphis's defensive talent as being better than Miami's throughout both their careers, so I would say Bane has had more help defensively.

I think he's also much better on offense. Way more efficient, and just a much smarter player right now even though Herro may have a tad more shot creation. A lot of the metrics have the gap on offense as wide as the gap on defense. I don't know if I'd go that far myself, but I do think Herro has a ways to go to get on that level.
The levels I'm referring to are pretty broad. Players who create more of their own offense are going to be less efficient, so that part doesn't bother me too much.

Definitely agree Bane is a better defender, but is the difference level that massive?

According to RAPTOR, there was 1.4 differential this year. According to BReference, their DBPM is on average about 1.0 different year to year. So, at least as far as advanced stats go, the difference is real, but isn't massive.

I would also rate Memphis's defensive talent as being better than Miami's throughout both their careers, so I would say Bane has had more help defensively.

Yeah, I did a quick look just now and Bane doesn't come out as high as I would expect on some of the defensive metrics. Eye test tells me Bane is capable of much higher defense though.

So , that's interesting because I checked his TAINT rating and the differential hit the Boyo line in 6 different places. Which I'm sure you all know is, like, nuts because the standard deviation typically doesn't even register, unless you are looking at TAINT plus 2. I feel like though if you are going the Plus 2 route, at least monitor the expressions predicted or else your going to get lost in whether or not there is sag in the data bundle. The last thing we want is to have to calculate the sag depth, am I right?!?

He raises the floor for sure as being a better player right now, even If at the worst contract of the bunch, yet you asked why rather trade both and keep Olynyk, not If they liked Herro better
I mean, it just means they like KO better, not that Sexton/THT arent "keeper" quality.

Obviously KO is way better than Sexton.

He's better than THT right now, but THT has a higher ceiling if he really progresses this year. But it's also going to be much easier to keep KO than it will be THT, so that's probably part of the equation.

I mean, it just means they like KO better, not that Sexton/THT arent "keeper" quality.

Obviously KO is way better than Sexton.

He's better than THT right now, but THT has a higher ceiling if he really progresses this year. But it's also going to be much easier to keep KO than it will be THT, so that's probably part of the equation.

Please stop it with this nonsense. You’re embarrassing yourself.

Marc Spears said he's heard from two high ranking team executives that the Raptors are now the favorites to land Dame.
I can see it happening if they find something good for OG in a three/four team deal. Dick, couple picks from Raps, whatever they can find for OG.

If you trade Dame to Toronto you better get those picks unprotected because Toronto could just end up flipping Dame to Miami in a year and out-tanking whatever they gave up for Dame.

That’s foolish if true. He’s a win now piece and is due for a BIG deal that may be one of those that make you really pause.
He's 26 years old. Were we foolish for wanting Lauri? It's not like Portland is in full tank mode. They will still have Simons and Grant, two legitimate 20 ppg scorers in the NBA, and Nurkic who is still a quality starting big. The West is so deep they will probably end up with a decent pick regardless, they don't really need to sell off to tank. They can be a competitive team who still loses a lot of games.

They overpaid so heavily on Grant they might have trouble just trading him off.

Wings just don't grow on trees. If you can get OG, you probably do it.

He's 26 years old. Were we foolish for wanting Lauri? It's not like Portland is in full tank mode. They will still have Simons and Grant, two legitimate 20 ppg scorers in the NBA, and Nurkic who is still a quality starting big. The West is so deep they will probably end up with a decent pick regardless, they don't really need to sell off to tank. They can be a competitive team who still loses a lot of games.

They overpaid so heavily on Grant they might have trouble just trading him off.

Wings just don't grow on trees. If you can get OG, you probably do it.
I get that but he’s on an expiring deal so you either pay him a ton or watch him walk. His asset value right now is likely at its peak… and their timeline is really Scoot/Sharpe/Dick? Simons is nice Grant is likely moved… Nurkic might be Ayton… if they want to roll the dice on OG that’s fine I guess. But he might be good enough that their picks end up in the 9-14 range instead of top 5… if you can get two picks for him I’d likely go ahead and do it. Lauri is kind of a once in a while type of glow up… may not see something like that for a few years. We also didn’t have two teenagers we were building around.

I also don’t really think OG has another big jump or level of his game. I think he’s a great 3&D plus type… who knows. They are free to do as the like but I’d say if they change their mind on him midway through the season his trade value will be 50% what it is now.

For me, OG being a win now piece isn’t a big deal for POR. But him essentially being on a one year deal….yeah I’d cash him in for picks rather than rolling the dice. OG’s bound to have premium trade value, the idea of him is perfect for a lot of teams and the reality isn’t too bad either.