What's new

Hot Rod didn't like those pesky TWolves, let's beat them for him (GT)

I don't know the accuracy of that FTA stat you posted, but the last time he played prior to the draft was the U19 where he averaged 7 FTAs a game. Not bad, but definitely not good for a top 5 pick in the draft playing HS ball. He had 5 of the 9 games of less than 5 FTAs. Great HS players go to the line a ton.

It's possible that it was per40 stat and I'm mistaken that it's per game, but even 7 is pretty damn good. As an example, there is only one PG in the league above 7FTA/game right now.

Edit: just checked it, indeed it was per40 stat(9.6 per 40), but I think my point stands, just as a comparison - at the same tournament Marcus Smart had 7 FTA per 40, Payton had 2 FTA per 40.

Last edited:
It's possible that it was per40 stat and I'm mistaken that it's per game, but even 7 is pretty damn good. As an example, there is only one PG in the league above 7FTA/game right now.
Right, but my point is that great HS players, the type that get drafted in the lottery always shoot a ton of FTs. 7 is high in the NBA like you say, but not that high for a 6'6" NBA lottery pick in HS.

Right, but my point is that great HS players, the type that get drafted in the lottery always shoot a ton of FTs. 7 is high in the NBA like you say, but not that high for a 6'6" NBA lottery pick in HS.

I added more info in my last post - even for U19 competitions 7 is extremely high. Marcus Smart and Elfrid Payton were much lower than him at the exact same competition.
Dante: 9.6 FTA/40
Marcus Smart: 7 FTA/40
Elfrid Payton : 2FTA per 40.
Tyler Ennis: 7.3 FTA/40
Dario Saric: 8.8 FTA/40

I can't bother checking any more of the prospects that were on that tourney, but if I had to guess Dante is probably the one who went most to the FT line.

LOL ... Gobert seems to have retracted his tweet to ESPN challenging them to put him on Sports Centre Top 10.

I wonder which is gonna be higher on the Top #10 .... Wiggins's dunk? or Gobert's block?

There is some bad blood there, Gobert should have won the Rising Start Challenge MVP if it hadn't been for fan voting pumping up Wiggins.