What's new

Hot Rod didn't like those pesky TWolves, let's beat them for him (GT)

I don't know the accuracy of that FTA stat you posted, but the last time he played prior to the draft was the U19 where he averaged 7 FTAs a game. Not bad, but definitely not good for a top 5 pick in the draft playing HS ball. He had 5 of the 9 games of less than 5 FTAs. Great HS players go to the line a ton.

It's possible that it was per40 stat and I'm mistaken that it's per game, but even 7 is pretty damn good. As an example, there is only one PG in the league above 7FTA/game right now.

Edit: just checked it, indeed it was per40 stat(9.6 per 40), but I think my point stands, just as a comparison - at the same tournament Marcus Smart had 7 FTA per 40, Payton had 2 FTA per 40.

Last edited:
It's possible that it was per40 stat and I'm mistaken that it's per game, but even 7 is pretty damn good. As an example, there is only one PG in the league above 7FTA/game right now.
Right, but my point is that great HS players, the type that get drafted in the lottery always shoot a ton of FTs. 7 is high in the NBA like you say, but not that high for a 6'6" NBA lottery pick in HS.

Right, but my point is that great HS players, the type that get drafted in the lottery always shoot a ton of FTs. 7 is high in the NBA like you say, but not that high for a 6'6" NBA lottery pick in HS.

I added more info in my last post - even for U19 competitions 7 is extremely high. Marcus Smart and Elfrid Payton were much lower than him at the exact same competition.
Dante: 9.6 FTA/40
Marcus Smart: 7 FTA/40
Elfrid Payton : 2FTA per 40.
Tyler Ennis: 7.3 FTA/40
Dario Saric: 8.8 FTA/40

I can't bother checking any more of the prospects that were on that tourney, but if I had to guess Dante is probably the one who went most to the FT line.

I wonder which is gonna be higher on the Top #10 .... Wiggins's dunk? or Gobert's block?

There is some bad blood there, Gobert should have won the Rising Start Challenge MVP if it hadn't been for fan voting pumping up Wiggins.