What's new

How about this one? Will boys be boys?

Eh, I figure it's in bad taste and kind of a stupid thing to do for a big national chain like walmart to sell that shirt.

If I'm a large organization like Walmart, I completely shy away from anything controversial like that, whether that's anti-Trump, anti-Obama, anti-Clinton, etc. This is common sense. If it doesn't appear that way, you may be hyper-partisan.

How curious you equate simple politeness with denying the validity of human rights, and equate a request to stop using hateful terms with actually using hateful terms.

Somehow, I expect you are older than the PC craze. "Political Correctness" as a thing began in my acquaintance with it, fairly recently. And people were simply polite, generally speaking, and it's not a "request to stop using hateful terms" when you codify it in law and send the jackbooted cops after offenders.

I never lived in a majority black community when I was growing up, nobody ever pointed out anyone for being black or suggested you'd need to speak to them any differently than anyone else. As an adult, I've never had to reference the Political Correctness diagnostic handbook to decide how to talk to anyone. Well, who knows. I don't claim to be perfect or compliant to anything either.

It seems to me that people doing focus groups on manners and then holding forth on what everyone should do or say in every minutia of human interaction is just bizarre. Jesus said "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you", but he didn't think of making it a prescribed formula to be laid down by intellectually superior folks who of course should define all the rules.

People doing stupid stuff because they're afraid of what ignoramuses might thing if they don't comply with the norm they believe others expect is not, in my opinion, a way forward for anyone.

I've had my share of hate and mistreatment, but I don't think it useful to expect others to be what they aren't. Oh, I might say something about it if it looks potentially productive, but I really don't care what others think of me, and I see no reason to expect them to be hypocrits professing to be better than they are.

Anyone citing "Political Correctness" as a reason for doing anything is exhibiting a form of disingenuousness.

I had a drunk come out to hammer on my back shouting "Ibagsak Imperialistong Kano" once, a sort of hate of Americans in the Philippines, where a significant minority of Filipinos actually wanted to become a state or states of the USA in their dreams, and almost everyone treated Americans better than we deserved.

Overall, I know nothing of the black experience in America, or the native Americans, I'm sure. But as a human being I can relate to the ill treatment involved in the betrayal of Filipino trust when we "helped" them run the Spanish out, only to stay make them our own sort of colonial merchandise. In 1970, a Filipino politician related to me how Nelson Rockefeller got Ferdinand Marcos elected as President of the Philippines. I talked to some anti-Marcos Huk rebels as well, who had endless stories about how the US set up the post-Colonial Philippines to be ruled by our crony capitalists. But a vast majority of Filipinos believes they were treated better under US law than under the Spanish rule, or under home rule by their own elites/fascist/capitalist/crony globalists. At the U of U library there are some interesting articles from the era where whites came back to expound upon why the Filipinos could not be expected to rise to the ideals of Western Civilization.... Mormons wouldn't even send missionaries there until the late 1960s.....and most of my companions had very little patience for them, imo.......

One Mission President's wife rose to speak in conference after a notable typhoon, to say "The Philippines is a Great Big Toilet, and every now and then God has to flush it."

Human insensitivity is virtually limitless, bro. You'll never fix it. Better to teach resilience and humor, and fill in the gaps with some actual love and caring when you can.... "forgive the ignoramuses" is a more workable project than "fix everybody".

My mother-in-law believes she is a true Cherokee, and I took my daughters on a fairly in-depth study of the history of the Trail of Tears. We can't deal with it briefly. The Navajo had a Trail of Tears when Kit Carson moved a bunch of them to the barren desert of western Texas. Chief Joseph and his band was cruelly chased literally all over the west and captured trying to escape to Canada. The Plain Indians were deliberately starved by our govt. financed slaughter of millions of buffalo....

I think Political Correctness in the hands of progressives amounts to abuse and exploitation of minorities of all kinds. The liberals deliberately set up contentions and expectations and beat the drums to make political use of the issue. These people are not your special province of entitled management, bro.

But I guess as long as you wanna make an issue of it and set yourself up as the enlightened one with the Formula we all must comply with, I am happy to try to dislodge you from your arrogance.

The historical fact is that progressive politics has cost millions of human lives and impoverished billions of humans, and is at root nothing but a philosophical lie run out by fascists/elites/cartelists to manipulate mankind while they wring the blood sweat and tears outta the common man.

But hey, I luv ya bro. Who else would even care......

Last edited:
Somehow, I expect you are older than the PC craze. "Political Correctness" as a thing began in my acquaintance with it, fairly recently. And people were simply polite, generally speaking, and it's not a "request to stop using hateful terms" when you codify it in law and send the jackbooted cops after offenders.

I'd ask for an example, but since "political correctness" has no meaning, you could refer to Roosevelt rounding up Japanese people as politically correct, and there is nothing to dispute that.

I never lived in a majority black community when I was growing up, nobody ever pointed out anyone for being black or suggested you'd need to speak to them any differently than anyone else.

Of course not. We learn these things by example, not lecture.

It seems to me that people doing focus groups on manners and then holding forth on what everyone should do or say in every minutia of human interaction is just bizarre. Jesus said "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you", but he didn't think of making it a prescribed formula to be laid down by intellectually superior folks who of course should define all the rules.

Formulas are always bad. Instead, treat individuals as they want to be treated.

Anyone citing "Political Correctness" as a reason for doing anything is exhibiting a form of disingenuousness.

So, you can name someone who undertakes activities while citing political correctness as their motivation?

Human insensitivity is virtually limitless, bro. You'll never fix it. Better to teach resilience and humor, and fill in the gaps with some actual love and caring when you can.... "forgive the ignoramuses" is a more workable project than "fix everybody".

Why not both at the same time?

I think Political Correctness in the hands of progressives amounts to abuse and exploitation of minorities of all kinds.

Name a couple of kinds.

The liberals deliberately set up contentions and expectations and beat the drums to make political use of the issue. These people are not your special province of entitled management, bro.

Agreed. Liberal racism is only slightly less distasteful than conservative racism.

But I guess as long as you wanna make an issue of it and set yourself up as the enlightened one with the Formula we all must comply with, I am happy to try to dislodge you from your arrogance.

What's do you think the formula I offer is?

The historical fact is that progressive politics has cost millions of human lives and impoverished billions of humans, and is at root nothing but a philosophical lie run out by fascists/elites/cartelists to manipulate mankind while they wring the blood sweat and tears outta the common man.

Sounds like every other form of politics.

But hey, I luv ya bro. Who else would even care......

Back atcha'. I don't have the stereotypical embarrassing uncle in meat space; you're the closest thing to it.

supposedly it was not available in their stores, just online and sold by an outside vendor on something they call their "marketplace"

here's a link: http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/997/~/about-walmart-marketplace

That's right, and it would be nice if they removed the "Hillary for Prison" T-shirts from Walmart Marketplace as well. Over the years, it looks like they've overlooked or simply missed other "bad taste" merchandise:

http://www.businessinsider.com/walm...ach-trump-hillary-for-prison-2018-7?r=UK&IR=T

I would not expect pro-Trump people to object to the Hillary T-shirts, and I'm not sure liberals have been demanding removal of the anti-Hillary merchandise. Anyway, people wear their political opinions on their sleeves these days, or their T-shirts. It's long been that way. Some people like to advertise their positions on many issues, by wearing their opinions in public. Nothing new in that at all. Just seems like Trump supporters were a bit more sensitive in this instance. And Trump himself, beginning in his campaign rallies, and continuing in his campaign style rallies these days, has encouraged going after people who don't agree with him. The press for instance, was harshly attacked by Trump at his Montana rally yesterday. The media is the enemy of the people. Anyone who opposes Trump is the enemy of America.
So of course his followers will go after Walmart over these T-shirts.