What's new

How amazing will it be...

What does that have to do with deciding whether to go for it or kick a FG?
I think going for it was the wrong call. Kick the field goal or punt. The utes have a good defense and good special teams.
But I get it, the ute offense had been unstoppable all game up to that point so it makes sense to go for it. You are right.

I went back and watched that play again btw.... If wilson would have gave the ball to Williams he was headed into a pile of lineman that had been pushed into the backfield. Maybe he breaks some tackles and gets the first down but it didn't look like it.

Either way I stand by my original statement that going for it was a bad decision

I think going for it was the wrong call. Kick the field goal or punt.

Punt from the 30? lol.

Picking up 1 yard was probably more likely than making a 47 yard field goal, and the Utes were 2/2 on 4th down attempts before that. It wasn't as terrible as you're making it out to be.

Well, Utah is up by 14 with 9 minutes left to play. Probably time to start taking a knee and just hope the clock runs out.
Might just work.
Better than sacks and ints I guess

Punt from the 30? lol.

Picking up 1 yard was probably more likely than making a 47 yard field goal, and the Utes were 2/2 on 4th down attempts before that. It wasn't as terrible as you're making it out to be.
Yep, great call

Hanneman sucks so bad.
Has all year long

Great play call on third and 4 against the blitz

There ya go. Hanneman can't cover anyone, might as well blitz him

Not enough time

Going for it again? Wow.

The right call again

Might just work.
Better than sacks and ints I guess

Utes got an interference call and Wilson made a nice play under pressure for a first on the last few plays they didn't just try to run out the clock. I'd rather go down swinging than playing not to lose. Playing scared is a great way to let the opponent back in the game.

Utes got an interference call and Wilson made a nice play under pressure for a first on the last few plays they didn't just try to run out the clock. I'd rather go down swinging than playing not to lose. Playing scared is a great way to let the opponent back in the game.
Yep worked on those plays and I feel the same way as you in philosophy.

I bet some ute fans wish they went with Wilson less and booker more against usc though.

If the utes go aggressive and Wilson throws a pick six then that would probably suck

Quite a comeback

Didn't look like he got in to me