What's new

How did Exum look last night?

I'm encouraged. But y'all will have to forgive me for wanting a larger sample size (generally, but particularly considering the game everyone is losing their minds about was a home game against one of the worst teams in the league trying to lose).

Serious question: does this make me a hater? Follow up question: if so, how?

I'm encouraged. But y'all will have to forgive me for wanting a larger sample size (generally, but particularly considering the game everyone is losing their minds about was a home game against one of the worst teams in the league trying to lose).

Serious question: does this make me a hater? Follow up question: if so, how?
No. Serious question: Do you think being enthusiastic about seeing a Jazzman exceeding his doubter's expectations is the same thing as losing one's mind? Follow up question: If so, why?

No. Serious question: Do you think being enthusiastic about seeing a Jazzman exceeding his doubter's expectations is the same thing as losing one's mind? Follow up question: If so, why?
I think proclaiming Exum as having made it largely based on that game is closer to losing one's mind than not, but fair semantic criticism.

200w.webp

His shot is almost as bad as Lonzo's, but give him time. If he can become adequate from the outside he will be a real threat because of his speed and court vision.
Comparing his shot mechanics to Lonzo's? Really? This is the Exum thread, not the Burks thread. As for the rest, thanks, Captain Obvious!

Edit: just to be clear how ridiculous a statement that is, Ball shoots 45% on FTs. Exum right now is at 90% for the season.

Last edited:
I understand the temptation to temper enthusiasm about Dante but I can’t do it. I think if the kid stays healthy, he’s an absolute star.

IMO, our number one priority this offseason is to sign him long-term. The Exum-Mitchell backcourt combo could be unreal

What Big mike said!

Really liking what Dante’s bringing to the games. He’s not shy with driving to the basket anymore and just seems to really get the team going when he comes into the game.
Really happy with Dante’s return and hope to see him continue to improve throughout the remaining games. He could be a big plus come playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's really finishing with confidence, going high off the glass, using a 5-ft floater, getting all the way to the rim, etc.

Not going to lie. . .

The Rubio, Exum, Mitchell and O’Neale backcourt is MUCH better than I would’ve ever expected it to be. Mitchell I was pretty sure about from the beginning, but there were lots of reasons to doubt the other three. . . but Rubio shot 5/6 from three today, Exum played with aggressiveness and confidence and O’Neale has been playing great defense. DL has done a great job so far. Excited to see what his next steps are.

Dante was excellent in PnR tonight. Needs the ball in his hands the majority of the time he's playing against second uni guys. I liked seeing his chemistry with Gobert on the Alley-oop. He's one of the few guys who was consistently throwing that pass to Gobert in the past. He's taller so maybe he sees it better.

All he really has to do is make layups at a good rate and he can be a big help the rest of the year. His handle seems to be getting much more comfortable. He made a couple really nice dribble moves to beat guys tonight. I'm mostly just floored by how often he gets easy shots for himself with the ball in his hands. Nobody on the team can do it like him and that includes Mitchell. Mitchell just has a lot more skill in other areas at this time.

With Ricky also playing well it's going to be interesting to see what develops with the position moving forward. To me it's pretty clear that Dante needs to be on the ball as much as possible to be most effective.

Can we just enjoy X playing well?

He is beating his man off the dribble with ease. He is also going left and finishing much better at the rim. Really encouraging. Still gets a bit lost on defense though. Can't shoot off the dribble either. But I'm confident he will improve on those areas.

Exum has looked really good this last week. I'd still like to see him hit a jump shot off the dribble at some point for his long-term potential, but it seems like he doesnt have to at this point to be effective.

The thing that impresses me the most is that for a guy who has missed so much time with injuries, he looks incredibly fast. He covers so much space. Ricky, Rudy, and Dante with the looong arms. What a reinforcement we got.

Comparing his shot mechanics to Lonzo's? Really? This is the Exum thread, not the Burks thread. As for the rest, thanks, Captain Obvious!

Edit: just to be clear how ridiculous a statement that is, Ball shoots 45% on FTs. Exum right now is at 90% for the season.

It's not his mechanics. He still can't shoot off the dribble and Lonzo despite his weird mechanics can. Otherwise, though, I'm ready to declare that Dante is on his way to being the real deal the way he can get to the rim now. When he first came up, he was too weak but now that he's matured, he's on his way to being the player everyone thought he could be.