What's new

How did Exum look last night?

My personal hope is that Rubio is willing to take a bench role in the future.. Dante/Donovan/Exum all play together right now anyway, and that lineup seems to do pretty well.
Rubio only has 1 year left. He's having a career year this year and maybe he does the same again next season and then "Hill's" the Jazz. Then DL could say "see ya later" because Dante is ready to be the starter.

Really doesnt matter who starts. All three could get 30 mins in a 3-man rotation. Or you keep them slightly under to create some PT for Royce.

I do think the Jazz need to find a shooter at the 4, though.

He needs more minutes... not sure where they come from but I need more Dante.

Agreed.
Dante > O’Neal so he should get more of those. Rubio could use some rest to be at his best and healthiest for the playoffs. Give X a few of his minutes.

May just be me and I wont mention specifics but has anyone else noticed some weird energy between X and ONeal on the court?

You're right. The only jumpers I've seen him take are catch and shoot. Why doesn't he take pull-up jumpers? Maybe he hasn't developed one yet? I agree Lonzo has a bad shot, but does shoot off the dribble and I've seen him make some unlikely shots that way in his unorthodox manner. In the past, I've seen some pull-up jumpers by Dante and they're pretty ugly.

He was taking and making them pretty comfortably in Summer league and I think he took a couple in preseason. There's a lot of pressure in these games and he's still getting his stroke back. There's nothing about his form that would keep him from shooting off the dribble especially when guys are going to start giving him a ton of room to try to stop the drive. Like most stuff with Exum it's never going to look pristine because he just has kind of a uniquely awkward looking game.

In the spirit of being excited, I think everything we've seen this year -- from summer league/preseason, to his return -- is suggesting a trajectory towards this being a consistent kind of play for Dante, rather than a single game anomaly. Even the first couple of games back he was contributing pretty efficiently and looking good foundationally, albeit with some rust. The important thing is that each game some of that rust seems to be knocking off, which helps the theory that it is in fact rust, and not just Dante having more fundamental issues.

I get the plug for some reasoned restraint, and the reason-leaning side of me says to agree, but **** it - I'm letting myself go all in on Dante.
Yep. IAWTP

If we get consistent play at the recent level from X, watch out league! I'm willing to buy into the dream of him living up to the potential of a top 5 pick.

Caution is for pansies anyway. It's more fun to ride the wave of exuberant, irrational uptomism! If we crash, we crash, but at least we will have enjoyed the ride. Rational assessment at this point is just self protection against disappointment. I say "nuts!" to that. Pass the coolaid.

Go Jazz!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

Yep. IAWTP

If we get consistent play at the recent level from X, watch out league! I'm willing to buy into the dream of him living up to the potential of a top 5 pick.

Caution is for pansies anyway. It's more fun to ride the wave of exuberant, irrational uptomism! If we crash, we crash, but at least we will have enjoyed the ride. Rational assessment at this point is just self protection against disappointment. I say "nuts!" to that. Pass the coolaid.

Go Jazz!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

Per 36 this year, Dante is at:

21.7 points, 6.8 assists, 4.3 rebounds, 1.4 steals with a 58%/40%/90% to boot.

I wouldnt be surprised if you were Andy B tbh. The only two people who cant bring themselves to give the kid any praise.

Seriously... even if you thought he sucked before we can at least admit he has not sucked.

His Per 36 numbers are very good and he’s helped make a difference in games so I don’t think they are empty #s.

If Dante is healthy I’m convinced he is a good player now... I didnt have that conviction before.

I also see the upside I didn’t see before.

Per 36 this year, Dante is at:

21.7 points, 6.8 assists, 4.3 rebounds, 1.4 steals with a 58%/40%/90% to boot.

With an offensive rating of 127 and a PER of 23.9. Both of which are the best on our team. Although just barely, Gobert is at 124 offensive rating and 20.9 PER.

Exum's PER would be 9th in the NBA if he qualified. Exum's Offensive rating would be #2 in the league.

Those are according to basketball reference. NBA.com are different. Here are the Jazz advanced stats on NBA.com. Exum is leading in just about everything (besides the 1/2 minute of play from Naz)
http://stats.nba.com/players/advanc...8&SeasonType=Regular Season&TeamID=1610612762

NBA.com advanced defensive stats show great things as well.

Those numbers are probably not sustainable but I think it shows how good he has looked in his limited numbers so far.

He's looked great finishing at the rim the past two games. Much more in control. Plus he looks like his free throws are totally automatic.