What's new

How did Exum look last night?

It's not his mechanics. He still can't shoot off the dribble and Lonzo despite his weird mechanics can.
That's not what you said. "His shot is almost as bad as Lonzo's" is what you said. So how is it as bad as Lonzo's if not the mechanics? Exum is currently shooting 58% from the field, and Lonzo 36%, so you can't be comparing effectiveness. "If he can become adequate from the outside" you said, when Lonzo is 30% from deep and 33% on deep 2s. I don't think Exum has even attempted a shot off the dribble yet, because he hasn't had to - he's either taking catch-and-shoot 3s (at 40% on a small sample size) or getting to the rack, so how do you know he can't? And Lonzo is terrible off the dribble. Just a terrible take.

That's not what you said. "His shot is almost as bad as Lonzo's" is what you said. So how is it as bad as Lonzo's if not the mechanics? Exum is currently shooting 58% from the field, and Lonzo 36%, so you can't be comparing effectiveness. "If he can become adequate from the outside" you said, when Lonzo is 30% from deep and 33% on deep 2s. I don't think Exum has even attempted a shot off the dribble yet, because he hasn't had to - he's either taking catch-and-shoot 3s (at 40% on a small sample size) or getting to the rack, so how do you know he can't? And Lonzo is terrible off the dribble. Just a terrible take.
You're right. The only jumpers I've seen him take are catch and shoot. Why doesn't he take pull-up jumpers? Maybe he hasn't developed one yet? I agree Lonzo has a bad shot, but does shoot off the dribble and I've seen him make some unlikely shots that way in his unorthodox manner. In the past, I've seen some pull-up jumpers by Dante and they're pretty ugly.

Honestly, I've only seen Dante do a pull-up jumper once, that was in one of the summer league games this past summer. It was from the free throw line area and it went in...his mechanics looked pretty good on that shot.

I know, but still, he hasn't played competitive basketball for 7 months.

I'm sure he stayed in shape. I just don't see why you think it's so miraculous that he still has his speed. Being out 7 months might make him get out of breath faster, but shouldn't impact his speed as long as he continues to work out, doing what he should be doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m ready to fully endorse the DMX backcourt future. My only fear is that we are basically left with the same weakness we have now. A big man who doesn’t play outside so clogs up driving lanes and a PG who isn’t a big shooting threat. And even Rubio has that weird *** fall away shot off the dribble. Does Exum have anything like that?

He has such an amazing first step that he’ll always be useful. A 25 minutes off the bench scoring threat is exactly what this team needs. But I don’t know why Exum would sign up to be a bench player if he keeps up his current pace.

Keep Exum, acquire more shooters I guess is the short version.

I’m ready to fully endorse the DMX backcourt future. My only fear is that we are basically left with the same weakness we have now. A big man who doesn’t play outside so clogs up driving lanes and a PG who isn’t a big shooting threat. And even Rubio has that weird *** fall away shot off the dribble. Does Exum have anything like that?

He has such an amazing first step that he’ll always be useful. A 25 minutes off the bench scoring threat is exactly what this team needs. But I don’t know why Exum would sign up to be a bench player if he keeps up his current pace.

Still a lot to prove and hes only 22yrs old so no rush.

My personal hope is that Rubio is willing to take a bench role in the future.. Dante/Donovan/Exum all play together right now anyway, and that lineup seems to do pretty well.

I'm not sure if he's ready for more minutes, at least from a conditioning standpoint. I think Quin is smart to play him 15-20 a game now, and hopefully he'll be ready for more when the playoffs come.

Yeah, Exum has a floater. Rubio does the fall away thing in the paint because he cant rise up over anyone and he doesnt have floater.