What's new

I <3 Dennis Schroeder

orangello

I am watching the preseason game of ATL vs MIA. Schroeder comes in and within 20 seconds of being on the court gets Norris Cole (a very fast PG himself) frustrated and then Cole is called for an offensive foul. Less than 3 minutes (game time) later Ray Allen gets called for an offensive foul. Guess who was guarding him?

Regardless off whether Burke turns into a respectable PG or not I still wish that the Jazz had drafted Schroeder. He will be a defensive difference maker and he doesn't need the ball in his hands ala Burke. I know that we all should be giving Burke a break because the season hasn't started but Schroeder is shining in all of the same situations.

This is more of an FYI.

Trey doesn't seem to have a true NBA skill. Schroeder does.

His shot might be off but a miss is till a miss and both count as zero points.

I'm not a Trey homer. I see a dude that will struggle for a while.

I've always been a fan of Schroe's defensive potential.... but I don't think he'll ever be much of a shooter, and I hate that.

I think Trey will have a better career. I could be wrong.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];668962 said:
I'm not a Trey homer. I see a dude that will struggle for a while.

I've always been a fan of Schroe's defensive potential.... but I don't think he'll ever be much of a shooter, and I hate that.

I think Trey will have a better career. I could be wrong.

Fair enough. I see Trey as DJ Augustine and that makes me sad. I think that Schroeder will always be able to contribute with his defense.

I'll reserve my judgement regarding Trey because I do see him as an "In the Moment" type player. I do think he only plays 80% most of the time, unless until it's the 4th quarter of an important game and he's able to just "turn it on" with grit, fight and determination.

How do I know? I'm a bit like that myself, so I can totally relate to how "easy" he's taking this pre-season/summer league.

I'll reserve my judgement regarding Trey because I do see him as an "In the Moment" type player. I do think he only plays 80% most of the time, unless until it's the 4th quarter of an important game and he's able to just "turn it on" with grit, fight and determination.

How do I know? I'm a bit like that myself, so I can totally relate to how "easy" he's taking this pre-season/summer league.

Thanks. What's your thoughts on Schroeder?

You think Trey is taking it easy? I think he's clamming up from the pressure. If he's taking it easy he's doing it wrong.

You think Trey is taking it easy? I think he's clamming up from the pressure. If he's taking it easy he's doing it wrong.

I do think he's taking it easy. He knows there's no point risking injury. It's only the pre-season afterall. He's plenty smart.

I noticed he wore a long sleeve shirt inside his jersey. That's not taking it seriously.

The Jazz FO have known about Schroeder longer than any of us have. They scouted him quite a bit and brought him in to work out. Obviously, they had Burke higher on their board. It also sounded like the Jazz would have taken Olynyk before Schroeder too, fwiw. Schroeder has undeniable potential, but is he really the guy you want running the team? It seemed like a bit of a risky proposition.

The Jazz FO have known about Schroeder longer than any of us have. They scouted him quite a bit and brought him in to work out. Obviously, they had Burke higher on their board. It also sounded like the Jazz would have taken Olynyk before Schroeder too, fwiw. Schroeder has undeniable potential, but is he really the guy you want running the team? It seemed like a bit of a risky proposition.

Corbin pushed for Burke. Nuff said.